• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LNER - Apprentice Driver - Kings Cross & Leeds (06/01/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Just applied, done the 3 tests. Roughly how long is it until I hear back. I know this is railway timeline so could be lengthy

Hevs

Applied and completed the three tests. Is the video interview (6 questions) the MMI? And therefore would it count as a first try at it if you don’t pass? Good Luck to everyone!

skyhigh

Established Member
Applied and completed the three tests. Is the video interview (6 questions) the MMI? And therefore would it count as a first try at it if you don’t pass? Good Luck to everyone!
It's definitely not the MMI.

Ergomy

I got worried about the verbal reasoning and the matching numbers one but I haven't had a automated email, so... fingers crossed?
I'm not looking forward to the video interview truthfully, talking to myself sounds awful!

Ks10

Passed the first 3 assessments on Thursday, received a reply within 3 hours inviting me to the video interview, which I don’t think went very well! It was quite a strange experience talking to yourself and when I watched my replies back, there were a lot of ‘erm’s in there!
also, during question 1 I lost my internet connection and by the time it came back on it said I had run out of time for that question.
Gutted! I have emailed recruitment to ask if there is any way I can now answer that question because with 5 out of 6 answered, my application will certainly go in the bin!

Orange08

Passed the first 3 assessments on Thursday, received a reply within 3 hours inviting me to the video interview, which I don’t think went very well! It was quite a strange experience talking to yourself and when I watched my replies back, there were a lot of ‘erm’s in there!
also, during question 1 I lost my internet connection and by the time it came back on it said I had run out of time for that question.
Gutted! I have emailed recruitment to ask if there is any way I can now answer that question because with 5 out of 6 answered, my application will certainly go in the bin!
I feel your pain on this. My question 1 was awful, connection dropped out and I had to cut it short. Obviously tried again but then on the 2nd attempt I was conscious of time and I was erm this and erm that. Disaster. To be fair the other 5 questions I thought went well but I’d be surprised if they even played the video that long. Good luck to all who are still in with a shot.

Corin_VL

Anyone know how long from the last assessment to the rejection or progression email is?

Last edited:
Anyone know how long from the last assessment to the rejection or progression email is? and what does the video interview entail?
From reading on this thread, the rejection emails seem to be almost instant or within the first half an hour. Passing the 3 tests, seem to be a few hours but probably effected by the weekend

I did mine yesterday and haven’t heard anything back yet so I’m hopeful but have to wait and see

Corin_VL

From reading on this thread, the rejection emails seem to be almost instant or within the first half an hour. Passing the 3 tests, seem to be a few hours but probably effected by the weekend

I did mine yesterday and haven’t heard anything back yet so I’m hopeful but have to wait and see
Ahh I see, well it’s been about 4 hours since I completed the last assessment. So keeping fingers crossed. Good luck to you buddy

Sky888

The stages are explained in the advert

Your Application

What happens next?
We promise we’ll let you know as soon as we can the outcome of your application and/or any testing you do.

If you are successful, you’ll be invited along to an interview or to take part in one of our assessment centres. These can include interview, group exercise, role play, or more tests (we have lots of industry standard tests that help us keep everyone safe!). During these sessions, we’ll get to know more about you and you can also make sure we are right for you – it’s a two-way process!

The above being a direct paste, leaves a lot of room for assumptions. So I assume initial Application submission, then 3 online tests, then video recorded interview. Then a formal in person interview, followed by Assessment Centre and a Medical? I have never applied before so all new to me.

Sabali

Don't beat yourself up about it too much, it seems like the general theme and they even state in the email acknowledging it's an alien thing. We are our own worse/harsh critiques so it's human for you to feel like that. Hope for the best, prepare for the worse (and you'll find even if it ain't the response you was looking for, you'll only do better next time) best of luck!

MeatAndTwoMeg

Did my application and online tests in the early hours of this morning as I couldn't risk missing out on this opportunity! Good luck to all

iwasyoungonce

Your Application

What happens next?
We promise we’ll let you know as soon as we can the outcome of your application and/or any testing you do.

If you are successful, you’ll be invited along to an interview or to take part in one of our assessment centres. These can include interview, group exercise, role play, or more tests (we have lots of industry standard tests that help us keep everyone safe!). During these sessions, we’ll get to know more about you and you can also make sure we are right for you – it’s a two-way process!

The above being a direct paste, leaves a lot of room for assumptions. So I assume initial Application submission, then 3 online tests, then video recorded interview. Then a formal in person interview, followed by Assessment Centre and a Medical? I have never applied before so all new to me.
What to expect from the recruitment process?

Step 1. Application and Online Testing
As soon as you click on the ‘Apply' button you'll be asked to complete the application form which includes some personal details and uploading your CV. The application process will also involve some online tests. These tests are made up of behavioural and concentration tests, so we would advise that you find some time and a quiet space to complete them so that you aren't disturbed. Once you click ‘Start Now' you will need to complete that test to ensure a fair approach for all candidates.

Step 2. Video Interview
If successful at stage 1 you'll be invited to join us for a video interview. Just as with a face to face interview we recommend that you prepare in advance and find a quiet place to do the video interview where you won't be disturbed.

Step 3. Competency Based Interview
If successful at telephone interview, we'll invite you to attend an interview with our Driver Team Managers and a member of our People Resourcing team. Due to the current situation with Covid-19 these interviews are taking place on Microsoft Teams.

Step 4. Psychometric Testing
If successful at interview you'll be invited to attend psychometric testing which is conducted face to face. If you have already completed Driver psychometrics within the last five years, we'll simply check they are to our standard and you will skip this stage. If you have been unsuccessful within the last six months with any TOC, you'll unfortunately be unable to apply on this occasion. We anticipate that there will be further opportunities further down the line though, so watch this space.

Step 5. Medical
As always, there are strict medical standards to adhere to. Head to the RSSB website and look at RIS-3451-TOM to check you meet the standards.

Direct paste from the advert

Spencer2511

Just got my invite to interview also, nice surprise as I felt I didn’t answer enough on the last test, will do my video tomorrow night

Status
Not open for further replies.