• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LNER - Apprentice Driver - Kings Cross & Leeds (06/01/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

AG1994

Are you both London based? I got an email with four trainee drivers names and Paul wasn't one of them. Maybe there are different classes? My actual course starts 4th April, looking forward to it and meeting everyone now!

Are you both London based? I got an email with four trainee drivers names and Paul wasn't one of them. Maybe there are different classes? My actual course starts 4th April, looking forward to it and meeting everyone now!
Looking forward to it too. Drop me a private message, I can’t seem to start one as I haven’t posted enough in forums

ATD1234

I also start on the 28th (or 4th April) and will be based out of Kings Cross. PM me if you want to set up a WhatsApp group ahead of training? I’m not able to PM anyone.

tlv2019

Can anyone who was successful give some insight into the differences between the video interview and the DTM interview? Are the questions similar in both and did you use the same answers/examples? Were these good enough to pass through to psychometrics? Any help appreciated.

michaelwaters@

Can anyone who was successful give some insight into the differences between the video interview and the DTM interview? Are the questions similar in both and did you use the same answers/examples? Were these good enough to pass through to psychometrics? Any help appreciated.
Hi, have you been given a date for the psychometrics?
I asked re course dates. If successful next course date is 12th september for kings cross. Whether that imc leeds i dont know.

Raikkonen7

Invited to book a live video interview this morning (Leeds). Am I right in saying this is the DMI?

Raikkonen7

I got a holding email, then a couple of weeks later one asking for GCSE certificates, then earlier this week an invitation to interview.

I feel I was on the reserve list as it seems that people have sat assessments and potentially not passed those and they’re now taking people from the back up list through to interview. Could be wrong about though!

Traindriver99

He
Literally type in DMI into the search bar and there’ll you find so many forums with question examples. Also, just a simple search on Google will find what you’re looking for. Look at the job spec and you can derive a lot of information from there as to what they could ask you.

No idea. Railway recruitment is notoriously slow. Just a matter of waiting I’m afraid.
Hello. For those who got a secondary school from another country, because there is not GCSE after the 16th, do we need simply to provide the final mark in english and math at the end of that year in the abroad secondary school?

Kalin99

He

Hello. For those who got a secondary school from another country, because there is not GCSE after the 16th, do we need simply to provide the final mark in english and math at the end of that year in the abroad secondary school?
If they ask for your certificates you will have to explain what you have got....
I suspect it would go against you but hopefully not.

Traindriver99

If they ask for your certificates you will have to explain what you have got....
I suspect it would go against you but hopefully not.

I don't think they go against it. If you read the job description it says "GCSE or equivalent". The point is that which equivalent they want...

NorthernTech

I don't think they go against it. If you read the job description it says "GCSE or equivalent". The point is that which equivalent they want...
level 2 functional skills certificates are the equivalent. Been mentioned many times in many threads..

Traindriver99

level 2 functional skills certificates are the equivalent. Been mentioned many times in many threads..
Hello and thanks for your message. Having done some researches about this "level 2 functional skills" is an alternative that is taken i Uk if you have studied in UK. In my case I have completed my secondary school and University abroad. I think in my case I simply need to convert my abroad certificate taken at the age of 16th with all marks, included math and english. What do you think about that? If it is so, do you know which organisation do that conversion in UK?

Hazza

Is anyone else on here awaiting to be emailed a date for stage 2 psychometric testing?
I have passed everything else, and they were anticipating end of March for the dates. However still waiting!

Ram83

I also start on the 28th (or 4th April) and will be based out of Kings Cross. PM me if you want to set up a WhatsApp group ahead of training? I’m not able to PM anyone.
Hi ATD1234,

Good luck on your course! I'm unable to message privately on here, it won't allow me. But I'm through to psychometrics for LNER, which I am so pleased about and was hoping you would'nt mind having a chat about how your Psych day went? Did they include the written communication test at all (look at a photo of incident: write a report)?

Cheers

TreacleMiller

Interestingly enough I got the email about interview on teams "Week beginning" next week, Ive heard nothing since.

Hazza

Hi ATD1234,

Good luck on your course! I'm unable to message privately on here, it won't allow me. But I'm through to psychometrics for LNER, which I am so pleased about and was hoping you would'nt mind having a chat about how your Psych day went? Did they include the written communication test at all (look at a photo of incident: write a report)?

Cheers
Hi ram83, have you got a date for your psychometric testing yet?

ATD1234

Hi ATD1234,

Cheers
Hi Ram83,

Congratulations on getting through to psychometrics and good luck!

If you scroll down to Driver2B on the following link they include a comprehensive breakdown of their day which might be of use to you; https://www.railforums.co.uk/threads/trainee-train-driver-assessment-day.172736/

I don’t recall writing a report of any description and my intake were tested to an enhanced standard.

Best of luck

Last edited:

Mjhayes123

I had an interview mid feb and was told I passed and am awaiting psychometric tests anyone else in that boat

Is anyone else on here awaiting to be emailed a date for stage 2 psychometric testing?
I have passed everything else, and they were anticipating end of March for the dates. However still waiting!
Hi there I passed managers interview in feb, they said potentially dates for tests might be April …. Not heard anything yet

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.