• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LNER - Apprentice Train Driver - Kings Cross (14/02/23)

TTDARL

LNER Kings Cross depot recruiting for apprentice (trainee) train drivers - 14/02/2023. Advert below.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Saeem6

Just got an email about the role at Kings Cross for LNER as an Apprentice Train Driver. Any tips for the SJT questions as I was told they seem quite easy but they are quite strict as to what answers are correct.

Last edited by a moderator:

Samzino

I applied tho I'll have to somehow find out where my GCSE certificates are. I have my A level ones and know my GCSE grades as they're on my CV and old employer but u assume LNER is quite strict with seeing the certificates. Anyone know if that's true. Might have to order the certificate replacements as a last resort.

PG

Established Member
I'm assuming that the proof reading wasn't entirely thorough or perhaps this is a deliberate mistake...
Our Azuma launch continues full steam ahead and we're on the hunt for a new generation of Drivers to join the team at our Edinburgh depot.

Chippychips

I applied tho I'll have to somehow find out where my GCSE certificates are. I have my A level ones and know my GCSE grades as they're on my CV and old employer but u assume LNER is quite strict with seeing the certificates. Anyone know if that's true. Might have to order the certificate replacements as a last resort.
They will ask you to upload certificates I believe... maybe not at application stage but definitely at some point in the process.
They have it written on their site and advise what to do if you dont have certificates or the qualifications they require.
https://lnerjobs.co.uk/jobs/apprenticeships/

Samzino

I'm assuming that the proof reading wasn't entirely thorough or perhaps this is a deliberate mistake...
Yeh must have been a last minute reupload and tweak of the Edi Driver post previous

They will ask you to upload certificates I believe... maybe not at application stage but definitely at some point in the process.
They have it written on their site and advise what to do if you dont have certificates or the qualifications they require.
https://lnerjobs.co.uk/jobs/apprenticeships/
Cheers

Annoyingly I can’t apply, I failed the psychometric test with another company in November

Though could I apply on the basis that by the time it actually gets round to that point, 6 months will have passed? Think I already know the answer but would this be possible

LCC106

Established Member
It’s situational judgment. Just answer HONESTLY and don’t spend too much time thinking about each question. They want to test your natural approach, not what you think they want to hear based on what people say on the forum. Not wanting to sound harsh. Not everyone is naturally suited to the job.

Frankie4763

Anyone know what they’re like to work for. £73000 is pretty hefty, what’s the TCs like?

anglian96

Anyone know what they’re like to work for. £73000 is pretty hefty, what’s the TCs like?
T&Cs are quite poor compare to most but the wage makes up for it. I know they have a few links were you don't have a banding and aslong youve had your 12 hours off you could go from a day to night or night to day shift etc. This was around a year ago I was shown this so things could have changed

Frankie4763

T&Cs are quite poor compare to most but the wage makes up for it. I know they have a few links were you don't have a banding and aslong youve had your 12 hours off you could go from a day to night or night to day shift etc. This was around a year ago I was shown this so things could have changed
Thanks Chad….money isn’t everything

AG1994

Annoyingly I can’t apply, I failed the psychometric test with another company in November

Though could I apply on the basis that by the time it actually gets round to that point, 6 months will have passed? Think I already know the answer but would this be possible
With the way LNER have been hiring the psychometrics for this will probably be within a few weeks, definitely not 6 months. It’s clear from the other threads here that successful applicants are going from application to offer of employment within 4-6 weeks.

Nothing like this, and doubt it ever was!

Chippychips

Who did you sit the psychometrics with?

golfsareus

Applications now closed, managed to get mine in just in time, does anyone know if they accept the psychometrics up to 5 years or do they a shorter time frame?

Zest49

Hi
Does anyone have an email for HR? My application was just stuck there half done without cv having uploaded, had an issue but the application is still showing when I log in. Basically just needed cv to upload from phone to complete.

golfsareus

Nice one, hope it went ok?!
I’ve not done a video interview before, used to talking to people not myself :lol:
It’s impossible to gauge when talking to yourself much easier when talking to someone else, no idea how long there take to come back to us after this.

Branston

It’s impossible to gauge when talking to yourself much easier when talking to someone else, no idea how long there take to come back to us after this.
Yeah I know what you mean! I’ve never done a video interview, but can guarantee I much prefer getting a flow with the interviewer face to face!
Doing mine this afternoon when a bit more peace and quiet in the house!!

golfsareus

Yeah I know what you mean! I’ve never done a video interview, but can guarantee I much prefer getting a flow with the interviewer face to face!
Doing mine this afternoon when a bit more peace and quiet in the house!!
Best of luck! Have you applied for any other companies before hand or this your first try?

beepcop

Gave the video interview a whirl earlier. Just couldn't get into it. Found it impossibly hard as the lack of response from anyone made it such an artificial situation I just couldn't get into a rhythm of answering the questions and ended up sat there in what seemed like endless periods of silence, culminating in stopping entirely and being unable to record any more. Good luck to those in the running still and I hope you fare well.

golfsareus

Gave the video interview a whirl earlier. Just couldn't get into it. Found it impossibly hard as the lack of response from anyone made it such an artificial situation I just couldn't get into a rhythm of answering the questions and ended up sat there in what seemed like endless periods of silence, culminating in stopping entirely and being unable to record any more. Good luck to those in the running still and I hope you fare well.
You never know you might be ok bud, I don’t think there be watched by anyone they just looking for key words at this stage.