• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LNER Qualified Driver Kings Cross

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ComUtoR

Established Member
Your Safety record will transfer to the new TOC. It's part of the process.

UpRoad

Just been emailed for safety of the line record form. Anyone else got the same?

UpRoad

Didn’t get the previous messages loaded before sending my query regarding safety of the line record sent to others. Seems things are moving on for us.

Established Member
I have also received an email from LNER asking me to fill up a safety of the line records. This is my first time applying for a qualified driver role, now I'm wondering, is this a standard process for a qualified driver role?

Your Safety record will transfer to the new TOC. It's part of the process.

Yep.

Usually fill it in yourself initially and they will get the official record transferred from your previous TOC, possibly after you’ve started the new role. That’s what happened to me when I moved.

For obvious reasons make sure you don’t miss anything off!!

UpRoad

Nothing...
Completely understand that the covid-19 situation has delayed things. However the trainee applications opened up after the qualified closed. From reading the trainee posts it seems they had quiet a bit of interaction for a while. It has gone quiet now on the trainee front but surprised there was no contact at all for the qualified applications.

Station 2

Nothing...
Completely understand that the covid-19 situation has delayed things. However the trainee applications opened up after the qualified closed. From reading the trainee posts it seems they had quiet a bit of interaction for a while. It has gone quiet now on the trainee front but surprised there was no contact at all for the qualified applications.
A simple email to us wouldn’t exactly take a lot of their time. So many other vacancies have been posted on their site since as you say... although a driver who put in for it from SW trains back in December might think twice now after their nice pay deal

Privateluke

A simple email to us wouldn’t exactly take a lot of their time. So many other vacancies have been posted on their site since as you say... although a driver who put in for it from SW trains back in December might think twice now after their nice pay deal
Hope the communication skill expected from the applicants is of a much higher standard though...

Robcuk

I was told an amount back in January, which, although I can't remember exactly it was around 6 or less but that may have changed since.

Bumped into an lner driver who used to work at my toc around the same time and he suggested there will be many opportunities in the next few years but obviously they could fill those with trainees

Privateluke

Hi everyone, just wanted to check if people who attended the interview have received an email from LNER. Anyone ??

Wilko5816

Hello mate, I received an email yesterday evening saying I was successful along with a number of other people. They’re looking at the number of vacancies they have and will be in touch at a later date. Did you receive the same email?

Privateluke

Hello mate, I received an email yesterday evening saying I was successful along with a number of other people. They’re looking at the number of vacancies they have and will be in touch at a later date. Did you receive the same email?
Hi, I have the same email and it's been quite unexpected, now I am wondering if there is a course happening by the end of the year, or next year... I should have asked...

PeteJ

Hi Guys, any news on your start date yet? I would have thought it would be difficult to do traction or route training in these times.....I hope you get some positive dates soon.
Hi, I have the same email and it's been quite unexpected, now I am wondering if there is a course happening by the end of the year, or next year... I should have asked...

Status
Not open for further replies.