• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Logo Query

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjholt

Folks - any idea what this logo was/is:

Attachments

• logo.jpg
    logo.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 193
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Domh245

Established Member
It was one of the earlier WAGN logos, WAGN being a subsidary of prism rail

Smudger105e

WAGN_1995.png

MK Tom

Established Member
Was WAGN ever owned by National Express? Don't know why but my brain seems to have a connection between the two.

cf111

Established Member
Was WAGN ever owned by National Express? Don't know why but my brain seems to have a connection between the two.

I think Prism were sold to National Express so you may well be right.

"WAGN" was an awful name, why make people think instantly of wagons? :lol:

W-on-Sea

Established Member
Yes, National Express acquired the Prism Rail companies - not just WAGN, but LTS Rail (which became c2c), possibly others too.

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
National Rail also ran Silverlink. At one time they had WAGN, c2c and Silverlink in the former Network South East area.

LLivery

Established Member
I think Prism were sold to National Express so you may well be right.

"WAGN" was an awful name, why make people think instantly of wagons? :lol:

West Anglia Great Northern - was it really an awful name? It described the network perfectly, unlike c2c. They don't even know what c2c means! Though when I lived in Highams Park for a short time as a kid, other kids always called it wagon!
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
The empire of National Express was impressive. Midland Mainline, Central Trains, ScotRail, Silverlink, West Anglia Great Northern, c2c, Wales & Borders, Wessex Trains, "one" Railway. Then it all went hopelessly wrong....

GatwickDepress

Established Member
Don't forget they also operated Gatwick Express until merger into the Southern franchise. NatEx did indeed seem to have all the necessary fingers in the pie.

CyrusWuff

Established Member
If memory serves, the logic behind the logo was that the top two corners represented Peterborough and Kings Lynn, with the bottom representing London, i.e. the extent of WAGN's operations.

Status
Not open for further replies.