• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London-Brighton in 4 minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.

me123

Established Member
For those who don't yet know, there's a video on BBC iPlayer showing London-Brighton in 4 minutes. Here it is. A decent video, but it's in Black And White, and you get random shots of the driver every now and then which isn't that interesting :?

Otherwise, I quite enjoyed and just thought I'd post it here for everyone else :)

Not sure of the era or loco on this train though, so if anyone could enlighten me, it'd be much appreciated :)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
What is the point of those ticket inspectors? People seem to just walk past them :lol:

Bighat

For those who don't yet know, there's a video on BBC iPlayer showing London-Brighton in 4 minutes. Here it is. A decent video, but it's in Black And White, and you get random shots of the driver every now and then which isn't that interesting :?

Otherwise, I quite enjoyed and just thought I'd post it here for everyone else :)

Not sure of the era or loco on this train though, so if anyone could enlighten me, it'd be much appreciated :)

A few weeks ago, i found that this had been re-run, in 1983 IIRC and in colour.

A programme was made showing the two runs side by side on-screen.

The changes in the surrounding scenery was most interesting, even at that speed!

Death

Established Member
For those who don't yet know, there's a video on BBC iPlayer showing London-Brighton in 4 minutes. Here it is.
Aye, that video has been doing the rounds on YouTube for quite a while now, I believe...Although the iPlayer version is much better quality, I'll point out. 8)

...You get random shots of the driver every now and then which isn't that interesting :?
What the beef? He looks nothing like me! :shock::lol::razz:

Anyhow...If anyone's interested, here's the Two-minute version done around 2005CE or thereabouts:
[youtube]fzDqzq0WDXc[/youtube]​
Just for the record though, I'd like to point out that the same journey could be done in about eighty seconds if an APT-P was being used, and I was driving... :shock:;)<D

David

Established Member
I like these timelapse videos, as they show features of the line you wouldn't otherwise notice. For example, how twisty the line is in places. Although, by comparison, it's quite straight when compared to the WCML

[youtube]hHbLBhANLY8[/youtube]

Status
Not open for further replies.