• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London Liverpool St [LST] - Cambridge [CBG] 04/02/12

Status
Not open for further replies.

lm321412

Good Evening,

I am looking at buying the First Off Peak Return @ £21.00 on Saturday 4th February 2012.

I am going up direct, however I wish to return via this way and i'm wondering if this would be a permitted and allowed method of travelling?

1521 Cambridge - Bishops Stortford 1558
1615 Bishops Stortford - Stratford (London) 1709
1719 Stratford (London) - London Liverpool St 1728

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

tony_mac

Established Member
Please use station names rather than codes, not everyone (including me!) knows them all and wants to look them up in order to help.
(This is mentioned in the sticky post, 'read this before asking for advice')

lm321412

Please use station names rather than codes, not everyone (including me!) knows them all and wants to look them up in order to help.
(This is mentioned in the sticky post, 'read this before asking for advice')

Amended, I should know better but its a habit of mine!

jopsuk

Veteran Member
Why go 1st class? if your train is a 317 it really isn't worth it- 379s don't work the Stortford-Stratford section, and the Cambridge-Stratford section might not be a 379. 1st is a waste of your own money on the West Anglia route.

rockford

Would Stansted Mountfitchet to Liverpool Street via Stratford being a permitted route on map ST help out?
I don't know - just asking. :)

Last edited:

DJ737

G'day

It seems some of the journey planners allow travel via Stratford.

East Coast suggest Cambridge-Stansted Airport-Tottenham Hale-Stratford-London Liverpool Street, NXEA sends you straight to Tottenham Hale from Cambridge, However neither of the routes are valid with the £21 1st class ticket but are valid with the Anytime ticket.

NXEA also suggests Cambridge-Finsbury Park-Tottenham Hale-Stratford-London Liverpool Street.

Cheers
DJ737
Melbourne, Australia

34D

Established Member
Would Stansted Mountfitchet to Liverpool Street via Stratford being a permitted route on map ST help out?
I don't know - just asking. :)

No - because your ticket is Cambridge-London.

I would suggest a simple email to NXEA asking whether you can go via Stratford "because you want to go past the olympic worksite" - I would be very surprised if they say no.

Indeed, I would imagine all guards accepting it because it sounds 'reasonable'.

Status
Not open for further replies.