• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London Midland Class 150/1 Refresh

Status
Not open for further replies.

sprinterguy

Established Member
As posted by SprinterMan in the XC / LM repaints thread, is this rather different looking beast. :)

547033_517636091583026_1925023634_n.jpg

I have to admit, that would look rather attractive down in the Largin valley, perhaps along with its exciled brothers - the 153 twins (153325/333).
I like the fact that the yellow warning panel follows the contour of the vehicle end cutaways, as it did on the old BR liveries (and Silverlink) carried by the PEP classes. The livery looks good on the 150.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

pemma

Veteran Member
unfortunatly 172's are to long for the MV line platforms and can't be used, its the same problem with 2x153's.

That's a valid reason for 153s but 172s have SDO so can stop at platforms where the train length exceeds the platform length.

pemma

Veteran Member
wow that is the best livery I have ever seen on a 150!!

Now it may give that impression but if they had that livery in the early 1980s I imagine people would have criticised BR for designing a stupid livery.

Class172

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
170502 on 17.59 to Gt Malvern last night(24/10), I was hoping to see 109 :( Has this permanently gone over to 170's now or just a temporary thing whilst they are being repainted? Like the LM livery on the 150's though, shame they're not doing the insides too.
The 150s going for repainting would explain the recent absence of a class 150 on the BHM-HFD diagram.
As I implied, the diagram is currently being run by 170s while the sprinters are away.

jopsuk

Veteran Member
I like the fact that the yellow warning panel follows the contour of the vehicle end cutaways, as it did on the old BR liveries (and Silverlink) carried by the PEP classes.

Thing is, that's tnot the contours of a 150. The cutaway has a vertical edge.

Even on the PEP-derived stock, the only livery where it fully followed the contour was the Blue and Grey- on the Silverlink (and Southern) liveries the wraparound stopped/stops short of the curve back

sprinterguy

Established Member
Thing is, that's tnot the contours of a 150. The cutaway has a vertical edge.

Even on the PEP-derived stock, the only livery where it fully followed the contour was the Blue and Grey- on the Silverlink (and Southern) liveries the wraparound stopped/stops short of the curve back
That's a good point. I hadn't noticed that (I could only see a small image of the repainted 150 when I made that post, rather than the full size image displayed in this thread).
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
wow that is the best livery I have ever seen on a 150!!
Nah. BR Provincial, Regional Railways and North West Trains liveries were all better in my opinion. ;)

Class172

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
With the new LM liveries being applied, does this finally spell the end for the old Central Trains livery (is it the longest lasting post-privitisation livery)?

sprinterguy

Established Member
Isn't there still a couple of 156s over East Anglia?
Yeah there's two still in Central Trains livery: 156412 and 156418.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
With the new LM liveries being applied, does this finally spell the end for the old Central Trains livery (is it the longest lasting post-privitisation livery)?
Although of course the livery applied to the 150s by Central Trains was a more recent derivative of Central Trains' livery, and was a distinct variation on the standard scheme designed specifically for the 150s that operated primarily in the Centro area.

pemma

Veteran Member
(is it the longest lasting post-privitisation livery)?

LM took over in Nov 2007 so it's slightly less than 5 years that the livery 'expired'

The North Western Trains 142 livery remained until last year on the examples that went to FGW and that livery really expired in 1998 when First Group bought out Great Western Holdings.

monty9120

does anyone know if anywork has been done inside. or is it just a outside job.

they do look a bit like the 321s just like lm said they would be

furryfeet

Both at Bow Brickhill, Bedford-bound at Aspley Guise and Stewartby, Bletchley-bound at Kempston Hardwick.
Can anyone confirm as to whether platform lengthening for these stations is definitely in the plan for the East-West upgrade project, or is it just an "aspiration" ?

Class172

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
does anyone know if anywork has been done inside. or is it just a outside job.

they do look a bit like the 321s just like lm said they would be
I think it's just an external repaint, but I don't know if new seat covers are being done also?

109 looks excellent and could give the impression of being new to the average passenger. Although the interior needs to have been done for that thought to continue. Just a shame that LM are putting the franchise at risk now with the driver problems.

DarloRich

Veteran Member
As posted by SprinterMan in the XC / LM repaints thread, is this rather different looking beast. :)

547033_517636091583026_1925023634_n.jpg

Is this a real picture and not a mock up? It looks very good!

BTW i am SICK to death of explaining why 172 cant be used on the Marston Vale line and why it will be very hard to extend the platforms unless E-W pick up the work. Ho hum.

Class172

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Is this a real picture and not a mock up? It looks very good!
That indeed is a real picture, however this picture of mine, is a mock-up. :D

Attachments

• Class 150 LM.jpg
    Class 150 LM.jpg
    192.1 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:

al green

Can anyone confirm as to whether platform lengthening for these stations is definitely in the plan for the East-West upgrade project, or is it just an "aspiration" ?

Very unlikely. EWRL isn't planning to serve any of those stations so no reason for them to pay for those platforms to be lengthened.

Charlie2555

SWT's livery has been the same for 14 years and counting (IIRC it was devised earlier than Central's).

Well, on the 159's at least there has obviously been the door colour change and also the South West Trains logo has been enlargened. But apart from that I don't think there's been much change!

Scud

It's certainly a genuine photo. I think it looks good. If all goes to plan, it should be heading to Bletchley tonight for it's week on the Marston Vale line.

DarloRich

Veteran Member
as seen in operation on The Marston Vale line yesterday evening (this is the 21:01 service form Blethcley to Bedford)

Attachments

• SAM_9620.jpg
    SAM_9620.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 87
Status
Not open for further replies.