• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London Midland Latest - Bletchley Driver applications

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hickstatic

Likewise, I'm waiting to hear if I passed the stage 1 assessments. Should we be lucky, what kind of timeframe would we be looking at to get stage 2/ the medical etc done before we enter the 'talent pool'? I'm not expecting a quick process...

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Minnion

Been waiting on an interview date for 2 weeks so far and was told training starts September/October. Any idea when I should expect to hear about an interview date? Thanks

Last edited:

ryantrain

Hey guys,

Had the stage 1 assessments Friday morning, received an email today saying I have passed, very pleased to say the least!

Nelly there were no interviews after the tests, it lasted about 2.5 hours.

Anyone else heard yet?

steviebuk

Hey guys,

Had the stage 1 assessments Friday morning, received an email today saying I have passed, very pleased to say the least!

Nelly there were no interviews after the tests, it lasted about 2.5 hours.

Anyone else heard yet?

What depot did you apply for and did they mention what stage 2 consisted of?

Hickstatic

Well, I passed the tests held on Friday morning. Congrats ryantrain!
!
From what I gather the next stage involves a few more tests and an interview. Following that there would be another, local interview and then a medical. Hopefully if I pass then it's into the long wait 'talent pool'.
I was just wondering how long the whole process of interviews/medical is likely to take?

Last edited:

steviebuk

Well, I passed the tests held on Friday morning. Congrats ryantrain!
!
From what I gather the next stage involves a few more tests and an interview. Following that there would be another, local interview and then a medical. Hopefully if I pass then it's into the long wait 'talent pool'.
I was just wondering how long the whole process of interviews/medical is likely to take?

Thanks Hickstatic I'm just waiting on stage 2, I already passed first stages. I thought I read somewhere LM do a DM interview before stage2. Maybe I'm wrong I'm sure it was posted on this forum.

westbrom

The latest I've heard is from now on all trainee drivers jobs will be filled by the freight drivers that have been made redundant.

Economist

The latest I've heard is from now on all trainee drivers jobs will be filled by the freight drivers that have been made redundant.

May I ask if this is with London Midland only or if it's the case with a lot of other operators?

westbrom

If an ex freight driver applies for a trainee passenger driver job with any Toc then it's logical they would get picked over most other applicants due to their experience.

cobbler

If an ex freight driver applies for a trainee passenger driver job with any Toc then it's logical they would get picked over most other applicants due to their experience.

you would think that , but from what ive seen its far from the case - i think ive seen one ex freight in recent times
most courses are made up from purely external candidates with a small percentage of internals

it does seem they prefer externals and then from police , prison officer , military backgrounds

Belgarion

you would think that , but from what ive seen its far from the case - i think ive seen one ex freight in recent times
most courses are made up from purely external candidates with a small percentage of internals

it does seem they prefer externals and then from police , prison officer , military backgrounds

I should be alright then, an ex prison officer turned freight man :D

westbrom

There's probably not been many freight drivers applying in the past but now with all the redundancys that could change and they would still be classed as external candidates

WJS

I emailed LM a couple of weeks ago about when they might be having a stage 2 session (having completed stage 1 in July) and they replied saying nothing before Christmas, sometime in 2017, no dates planned.

Patience, as they say, is a virtue!

HLE

Established Member
All I'll say is that the old trouble is flaring up when it comes to LM's training resources.

I wouldn't expect any more intakes for a while.

bob hope

Any vacancies to be taken up with redundant DBS drivers apparently.
Highly doubtful if any more trainee courses in foreseeable.

Starman

Having passed the process including medical for trainee driver I have been waiting patiently for a while now. Im well aware of issues regarding training resources and the agreement to employ redundant drivers from DBS. In light of this I decided to speak to HR only a week ago and ask what my chances were of actually starting a course. The reply I was given was that it would not affect anything apart from my course allocation, i.e. I may have to wait longer to be placed on a course. Extremely frustrating for me to say the least as all these barriers seem to be popping up. However, I remain optimistic for now unless anybody has any solid information contrary to what I have been told.

WJS

Two new assessment dates on 18th and 19th May, all fully booked up before I got a chance to log on. HR says no new dates planned.. just have to wait...some more...

Game146

Two new assessment dates on 18th and 19th May, all fully booked up before I got a chance to log on. HR says no new dates planned.. just have to wait...some more...

Same had an email from LM to book on to Stage 2, just need to wait and see now

Last edited:

Hickstatic

17th May...all booked up at the OPC. The email mentioned that should I be successful the next step would be the medical. Does the DMI follow the medical?

Fingers crossed for Wednesday.

WJS

17th May...all booked up at the OPC. The email mentioned that should I be successful the next step would be the medical. Does the DMI follow the medical?

17th? I was only aware of two dates, 18th and 19th, both of which were all booked up. Was there another date made available? Just been on the website but all sheduled assessments are gone now. Frustrating this is! Good luck to all who have managed to get onto Stage Two.

12guard4

DMI will be before the medical.

Hickstatic

17th? I was only aware of two dates, 18th and 19th, both of which were all booked up. Was there another date made available? Just been on the website but all sheduled assessments are gone now. Frustrating this is! Good luck to all who have managed to get onto Stage Two.

Yeah, I saw your message and thought they'd missed me. I then got an email a few days later inviting me to book a date. I logged on and there was only one date and time available - 17th.

Status
Not open for further replies.