• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London Terminals - Streatham Hill.....via Streatham/Streatham Common?

Status
Not open for further replies.

handsomelife

Hi guys,
Hoping someone can help me out here, I currently have an annual season ticket between London Terminals and Streatham Hill, route 'Any Permitted'.

Usually I travel Waterloo-Clapham Junction-Streatham Hill but sometimes it would be ideal for me to travel from Waterloo-Clapham Junction-Streatham Common or Blackfriars-Streatham.

Would anybody that's clued up be able to advise me if either of these routes are valid? And if so what I should be telling barrier staff if they question me?

Many thanks!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

soil

Established Member
NRE says:

Using National Rail services you can travel to / from the following London stations: London Bridge [LBG], London Cannon Street [CST], London Charing Cross [CHX], Vauxhall [VXH], London Blackfriars [BFR], London Waterloo East [WAE], London Victoria [VIC], London Waterloo [WAT], City Thameslink [CTK]

There is one mapped route to Streatham Hill, and that is Victoria - Clapham Junction - Streatham Hill.

So that means from the other stations you must use the shortest route, or routes within 3 miles of it.

From Waterloo, Waterloo - CLJ - Streatham Common - Streatham Hill is going to be more than 3 miles longer than Waterloo - Streatham Hill direct, so that wouldn't be valid. I don't think there's a walking interchange here.

The shortest route from Blackfriars to Streatham Hill is either Blackfriars - Tulse Hill - Streatham Hill, or otherwise Blackfriars - Norwood Junction - Streatham Hill.

Either way, Streatham - Streatham Hill is around 3 miles and probably wouldn't be valid, since there is no walking interchange.

Perhaps you could switch your ticket to London - Crystal Palace, at the same price. It's valid from Victoria or Waterloo to Crystal Palace via any of the Streatham stations, and even from London Bridge via Croydon

zn1

why not just change at balham at get on the northern ??

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
why not just change at balham at get on the northern ??

He has a National Rail season ticket - not valid on London Underground except on interavailable routes.

soil

Established Member
I'm not sure how NRE comes up with the route via West Croydon.

handsomelife

Me neither, but if I was to print this to show to any dateline staff would they be more likely to just let me through at Streatham Common?

Haywain

Veteran Member
Me neither, but if I was to print this to show to any dateline staff would they be more likely to just let me through at Streatham Common?

I think if you show it to staff at the dateline you'll be more than 3 miles off the shortest route! :D

handsomelife

Haha very good ;)

It would be really convenient if I could travel to Streatham Common but I don't want to risk coming across a revenue inspector and end up paying a fine!

Status
Not open for further replies.