• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London Terminals to Taunton permitted routes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barn

Established Member
With an FGW super off-peak return from London Terminals to Taunton, can I change at Reading on the return leg and travel to Waterloo rather than Paddington? I'm looking to break that leg of the journey at Wokingham for a few hours.

Thanks!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Eagle

Established Member
What is the route given on the ticket? If it is Any Permitted, then this route via Wokingham is valid (by maps WX+WE if travelling via Cary, WX+WR if travelling via Bristol).

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
With an FGW super off-peak return from London Terminals to Taunton, can I change at Reading on the return leg and travel to Waterloo rather than Paddington? I'm looking to break that leg of the journey at Wokingham for a few hours.
Yes, London Waterloo to Reading to Taunton is a permitted route on a London Terminals to Taunton ticket.

Valid Routes from London Terminals to Taunton [TAU]:

1. Direct trains from London Terminals to Taunton
  2. Shortest Route: 143 miles (and routes no greater than 3 miles longer)
    • London Paddington
    • Slough
    • Reading
    • Theale
    • Thatcham
    • Newbury
    • Hungerford
    • Pewsey
    • Westbury (Wilts)
    • Castle Cary
    • Taunton
  3. Mapped Routes (both origin and destination are Routeing Points):
    LONDON GROUP - Taunton:

dzug2

FGW's journey planner allows a route of via Ascot for this ticket. In both directions if need be.

Barn

Established Member
Thanks all for your help. :)

--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
But is it a FGW only ticket?

It was any permitted. Sorry, I was a bit unclear in my first post. Meant 'bought from FGW' rather than 'route FGW'.

Eagle

Established Member
It was any permitted. Sorry, I was a bit unclear in my first post. Meant 'bought from FGW' rather than 'route FGW'.

Who you buy a ticket from makes no difference to its validity. It's the same ticket whether you get it from FGW, SWT, Northern or Raileasy. (The only difference is whether they decide to levy a booking fee...)

Status
Not open for further replies.