• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London Underground - CSA1 & CSA2 (2022 & 2023 applications)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Kreddy

Haha the wait is worth all the stress. Haven't got a training date booked yet need to sort out my documents.

My SBI wasnt too hard just had to make sure I read it properly and took notes what about you?

Good luck with your results.
My SBI was about 5 distinctive scenarios and had to explain how I’d deal with those situations. Wasn’t hard but it took me good time to explain them in detail. I am hoping for the best result too. I have given my final round on 26th February and waiting for the result.

I am unsure how some of them who gave the test prior to yours still haven’t gotten their results. Let’s hope everyone gets through this.

Life

My SBI was about 5 distinctive scenarios and had to explain how I’d deal with those situations. Wasn’t hard but it took me good time to explain them in detail. I am hoping for the best result too. I have given my final round on 26th February and waiting for the result.

I am unsure how some of them who gave the test prior to yours still haven’t gotten their results. Let’s hope everyone gets through this.
Can you let me know what type of questions they asked u in SBI.

San.

Well today I received my conditional offer. It's been about 9 days since I did my SBI

moonie95

Hi
Just an update, received an email earlier today stating I’ve passed the interview and I have to fill a few onboarding documents. Good luck to all

BellaJordan

Hello,
I have a written communication test and data interpretation test coming up. Can you tell me what to expect. I would really appreciate it.

loflake

Hello guys, I have my Role play and SBI scheduled for 12th March. Does anyone have the same date as me?

Hello,
I have a written communication test and data interpretation test coming up. Can you tell me what to expect. I would really appreciate it.
The first part of the test will be an English language proficiency exam where you will need to identify and correct grammatical mistakes. The second part will involve ticket validation, where you will be presented with multiple tickets, oyster cards, and credit cards and be required to determine whether they are valid or not. Finally, the third part will assess your comprehension of the tube map. You will be provided with a tube map, a timetable, and a set of questions based on the map and timetable that you must answer.

Last edited:

Wizimatic

Hi
Just an update, received an email earlier today stating I’ve passed the interview and I have to fill a few onboarding documents. Good luck to all
Congratulations. When was your SBI?

I've just received my conditional offer an HR ago. Did it on the 21st of February.
Wow congrats. Did mine same day but 2pm but no email yet

Last edited:

Kreddy

Haven’t you received your results yet? Does your job application show as ‘updated’ to a recent date yet on Tfl careers portal?

Kreddy

I am hoping you’d get the results this week sometime. Keep us updated and hope for the best.

moonie95

Going through Reed Screen pre-employment checks, anyone know how long this takes roughly?

loflake

Can you share the scenarios in brief?

San.

Can you share the scenarios in brief?

You probably won't be getting the same SBI as everyone else. Main thing you need to focus on is the problem solving. How you handle the situation.

For example mine was about a group of young teenagers getting helped by 1 other colleague and then 2 others from the friend group come inside the station with their e-bikes and block the gates. And then there is a man whose spilled his hot coffee.

It mainly comes down to you and how you handle this situation, obviously yours could be the same could be different. But what the assessor is looking for is how you will find the solution. Why you choose to do it the way you did. I suggest also giving personal experience on why you handled it.

Holdonwait

I Had my roleplay sometimes last week and i was not successful. I had a scenario of someone at the train station playing music and collecting money. He mentioned he was collecting money to get to pay for a valid ticket on the underground. I was friendly and empathetic as he is an old man. He also was vaping which i mentioned is prohibited on the underground.
However, at the end of the roleplay, i was told i was unsuccessful because buskers (people who play music for money at train stations) are illegal on the underground. Also if any buskers were to be allowed, they have to be licensed.
I never knew this LU policy nor have i ever heard about it. Before the role play, i was told i will not be assessed based on my knowledge of the policies of the TfL or the LU.
To my dismay, i was judged based on that.
It is really unfair.

Has anyone faced a similar experience please?
I'm pretty sure on the paper before the role play it did have some information explaining parts of the policy and licensing... I remember this

Unlucky, wishing for your success when you reapply

Arshil

First? As in the online assessment?
Hi,
I wanted to seek your assistance regarding the Written Communication Test and Data Interpretation Test that I am scheduled to take at the center.

As I prepare for these assessments, I am keen to understand the types of questions typically asked and to access any practice materials or websites that could aid in my preparation.

Your guidance and support in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time and assistance

loflake

Hi,
I wanted to seek your assistance regarding the Written Communication Test and Data Interpretation Test that I am scheduled to take at the center.

As I prepare for these assessments, I am keen to understand the types of questions typically asked and to access any practice materials or websites that could aid in my preparation.

Your guidance and support in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time and assistance
I posted a description of this assessment stage on this thread yesterday.

You probably won't be getting the same SBI as everyone else. Main thing you need to focus on is the problem solving. How you handle the situation.

For example mine was about a group of young teenagers getting helped by 1 other colleague and then 2 others from the friend group come inside the station with their e-bikes and block the gates. And then there is a man whose spilled his hot coffee.

It mainly comes down to you and how you handle this situation, obviously yours could be the same could be different. But what the assessor is looking for is how you will find the solution. Why you choose to do it the way you did. I suggest also giving personal experience on why you handled it.
Thanks for the info

Kreddy

Did anyone see the results today? Anyone who has got the results who gave their SBI on or After February 23? Or is anyone yet to receive results who gave their SBI before 23 Feb?

harykemi

hi everyone, please i have my roleplay soonest and I'm rather confused about what exactly they want. From your experience please, I'll like to know more about different scenarios they might bring. Most issues tends towards incorrect ticket like timing or zone or drunken customers. What exactly is the end goal? After explaining to the customer about Tfl regulations of not allowing travel with incorrect tickets and maybe drunk situations, and telling the customer about the suppose penalties, should i still allow the customer travel?

San.

Did anyone see the results today? Anyone who has got the results who gave their SBI on or After February 23? Or is anyone yet to receive results who gave their SBI before 23 Feb?
Yeah mine was like sat 24th and I got a conditional offer

hi everyone, please i have my roleplay soonest and I'm rather confused about what exactly they want. From your experience please, I'll like to know more about different scenarios they might bring. Most issues tends towards incorrect ticket like timing or zone or drunken customers. What exactly is the end goal? After explaining to the customer about Tfl regulations of not allowing travel with incorrect tickets and maybe drunk situations, and telling the customer about the suppose penalties, should i still allow the customer travel?

I think the main thing they look out for is duty of care. As a TFL employee you should always be looking out for your colleagues or people using the line. And from what I read in you should always let them leave the station. Not sure if you're allowed to let them travel.

I had like a drunk lady on the platform with her feet on the chairs. I asked her to remove her feet from the chairs politely, had some small talk. Found out she had been drinking after doing over time. So my next cause of action was to find out, if she's able to get home safely. Asked if someone is waiting for her at her end destination if not if someone is able to come pick her up. Asked her if she needed water or even medical help.

The actors might be a bit pushy but you have to stand your ground, they will provide additional information. It's all about being friendly and showing you care.

Last edited:

bawaji

Had My role play and SBI on 20th Feb, sadly got rejected today via email, not sure where I went wrong, Used Star method in SBI, according to tfl policy put safety, customer service and accessibility in order. Would they give feedback, I am just bit sad reached till last stage and got rejected not sure why. Here I was thinking I manage the interview well.

moonie95

Had My role play and SBI on 20th Feb, sadly got rejected today via email, not sure where I went wrong, Used Star method in SBI, according to tfl policy put safety, customer service and accessibility in order. Would they give feedback, I am just bit sad reached till last stage and got rejected not sure why. Here I was thinking I manage the interview well.
What was your SBI scenario?

What was your SBI scenario?
  • Communication & Influence
  • Customer Service Orientation
  • Responsiveness
  • Problem Solving & Decision Making
  • Safety Awareness
Those are the 5 main things they are looking for

BellaJordan

The person that interviewed me said 10-14 working days when I asked about feedback time…

Hello guys, I have my Role play and SBI scheduled for 12th March. Does anyone have the same date as me?

The first part of the test will be an English language proficiency exam where you will need to identify and correct grammatical mistakes. The second part will involve ticket validation, where you will be presented with multiple tickets, oyster cards, and credit cards and be required to determine whether they are valid or not. Finally, the third part will assess your comprehension of the tube map. You will be provided with a tube map, a timetable, and a set of questions based on the map and timetable that you must answer.
Thank you for this information. This is really in depth and helpful.

John jones

There are 4 stages

1 - Online assessment
2 - Class room based assessment
3 - Role play
4 - Interview Via Teams (8 questions, 4 warm up questions and 4 scenario based questions)

Anyone need help with the above I'll be more than happy to help

I have all the answers for all the stages.

Good luck

Ps. I have been successful and waiting for my training.
Hi Mabz,

Can you please advise me on what to expect on my Role play assessment?

Anothermarvel

All those asking for advice on role play and SBI. If you read back through the past pages you'll find lots and lots of information on them.

Good luck everyone!