• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London Underground - CSA1 & CSA2 (2022 & 2023 applications)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Anothermarvel

I had my role play and SBI on 28th (last Wednesday). I received my conditional offer today.

Some people seem to have received results days after and some a month later. Sounds like it's luck of the draw.

Kreddy

I had my role play and SBI on 28th (last Wednesday). I received my conditional offer today.

Some people seem to have received results days after and some a month later. Sounds like it's luck of the draw.
Congratulations!
Is it like the best performers are receiving the results first or something?

San.

Congratulations!
Is it like the best performers are receiving the results first or something?

It's more likely that with the amount of applicants, there just having a hard time getting to everyone and probably just going through it bit by bit.

Lookstart

Yeah, I am hopeful. Due to huge number of applications, I am sure it takes time and have to trust the process.
I received my conditional offer around 6 weeks after my SBI. I called recruitment around the 4th week and they confirmed I had passed and that they would email me in a few weeks. I'm currently undergoing screening.

Kreddy

It's more likely that with the amount of applicants, there just having a hard time getting to everyone and probably just going through it bit by bit.
I received my conditional offer around 6 weeks after my SBI. I called recruitment around the 4th week and they confirmed I had passed and that they would email me in a few weeks. I'm currently undergoing screening.
Wow! That’s really good to know. Congratulations and all the best on your onboarding. I’ll wait and I am sure the team could be having hard time getting through enormous number of applications.

Cheers!

San.

Wow! That’s really good to know. Congratulations and all the best on your onboarding. I’ll wait and I am sure the team could be having hard time getting through enormous number of applications.

Cheers!
Best of luck to you. TFL will let applicants know if they pass or failed. So just be looking out for the email

eastldn12

I Had my roleplay sometimes last week and i was not successful. I had a scenario of someone at the train station playing music and collecting money. He mentioned he was collecting money to get to pay for a valid ticket on the underground. I was friendly and empathetic as he is an old man. He also was vaping which i mentioned is prohibited on the underground.
However, at the end of the roleplay, i was told i was unsuccessful because buskers (people who play music for money at train stations) are illegal on the underground. Also if any buskers were to be allowed, they have to be licensed.
I never knew this LU policy nor have i ever heard about it. Before the role play, i was told i will not be assessed based on my knowledge of the policies of the TfL or the LU.
To my dismay, i was judged based on that.
It is really unfair.

Has anyone faced a similar experience please?
I had the same roleplay but yeah I knew already it was licensed, it’s not the most common knowledge but it does help to read up on rules and stuff beforehand

Shezu

I received my conditional offer today. My roleplay and SBI was on the 28th February.

Passed my occupational health assessment yesterday! Ready to start on the 4th

They’ll let you know straight away if you wasn’t successful
Hi eastlnd12, could you tells us more about training and how is it going for you? Does it start exactly at 9 am and finishes 5pm? Thank you

Kreddy

I received my conditional offer today. My roleplay and SBI was on the 28th February.

Hi eastlnd12, could you tells us more about training and how is it going for you? Does it start exactly at 9 am and finishes 5pm? Thank you
Congratulations! How was your SBI?

Letsgooooo

Has anyone here failed the SBI ?
Had My role play and SBI on 20th Feb, sadly got rejected today via email, not sure where I went wrong, Used Star method in SBI, according to tfl policy put safety, customer service and accessibility in order. Would they give feedback, I am just bit sad reached till last stage and got rejected not sure why. Here I was thinking I manage the interview well.
I’m sorry to hear. Do you know why you got rejected?

Last edited:

Mkdi24

I did it on 28th February.
Still waiting for email

harykemi

Yeah mine was like sat 24th and I got a conditional offer

I think the main thing they look out for is duty of care. As a TFL employee you should always be looking out for your colleagues or people using the line. And from what I read in you should always let them leave the station. Not sure if you're allowed to let them travel.

I had like a drunk lady on the platform with her feet on the chairs. I asked her to remove her feet from the chairs politely, had some small talk. Found out she had been drinking after doing over time. So my next cause of action was to find out, if she's able to get home safely. Asked if someone is waiting for her at her end destination if not if someone is able to come pick her up. Asked her if she needed water or even medical help.

The actors might be a bit pushy but you have to stand your ground, they will provide additional information. It's all about being friendly and showing you care.
thank you

Shezu

Congratulations! How was your SBI?
I thought I failed. I was given a scenario of youth causing disturbance in the platform and at the same time a customer is asking me about step free access. What actions I am taking and why. Why I took those actions and if there were any alternatives. My answers were all over the place, I didn't follow any structure, but the assessor was very friendly and I just focused on everyone's safety and security, teamwork and customer service.

I did it on 28th February.
Still waiting for email
Where abouts? My one was in West kensington, they have multiple locations but I am guessing people who gave their SBI in West kensington, generally get results quicker. It's just an speculation.

TFLtalk

I thought I failed. I was given a scenario of youth causing disturbance in the platform and at the same time a customer is asking me about step free access. What actions I am taking and why. Why I took those actions and if there were any alternatives. My answers were all over the place, I didn't follow any structure, but the assessor was very friendly and I just focused on everyone's safety and security, teamwork and customer service.

Where abouts? My one was in West kensington, they have multiple locations but I am guessing people who gave their SBI in West kensington, generally get results quicker. It's just an speculation.
Congratulations on your job offer. Even my SBI was on 28th, but in Stratford. It’s good to know West Kensington generally gives results faster. This is making me less pessimistic about the results.

Anyone else who gave SBI in Stratford and didn’t get the results yet ?

Mkdi24

my was sratford.
so yes maybe its true.
anyone who did sbi at Stratford?

Arshil

Hello guys, I have my Role play and SBI scheduled for 12th March. Does anyone have the same date as me?

The first part of the test will be an English language proficiency exam where you will need to identify and correct grammatical mistakes. The second part will involve ticket validation, where you will be presented with multiple tickets, oyster cards, and credit cards and be required to determine whether they are valid or not. Finally, the third part will assess your comprehension of the tube map. You will be provided with a tube map, a timetable, and a set of questions based on the map and timetable that you must answer.
Hi after your test, can you please share your experience and what questions they asked in the assessment?

moonie95

Haha the wait is worth all the stress. Haven't got a training date booked yet need to sort out my documents.

My SBI wasnt too hard just had to make sure I read it properly and took notes what about you?

Good luck with your results.
How’s the reference checks and background checks coming along? Do you have medical booked yet? Or do you have to attend for ID verification yet?

Well today I received my conditional offer. It's been about 9 days since I did my SBI
How’s your forms getting along? Is reference checks complete or any updates regarding medical or start date?

Shezu

How’s the reference checks and background checks coming along? Do you have medical booked yet? Or do you have to attend for ID verification yet?
They told me to book for ID verification, it's in Stratford. How about you?

thailah2

I've got my ID verification booked for the 12th. Think I need to have my screening done first before medicals.

moonie95

They told me to book for ID verification, it's in Stratford. How about you?
Yeah got mine 12th too, what about the screening and reference checks, and medical

I've got my ID verification booked for the 12th. Think I need to have my screening done first before medicals.
Ok same I got the 12th for verification, yeah waiting for medical too