• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London Underground - CSA1 & CSA2 (2022 & 2023 applications)

kinkywinpat

I think a lot of people need to learn the art of patience - trust me, it’s a key skill for a future career with any part of LU.

I get it’s frustrating not knowing but these things move as fast as they move. Every time you chase up you’re only taking someone away from their job of actually onboarding things. It isn’t unknown to wait a year to start railway jobs, although I would suggest that the person who is speaking of a two year wait is at the abnormal end due to waiting specifically for CSA1 Night Tube and/or part time roles - these will only get filled as and when those vacancies become available, and there are usually significant internal waiting lists for any PT role that isn’t Night Tube. Other internal changes and happenings won’t have helped any of the recruitment processes.

Sit tight, get your documents filled in as promptly as possible and TfL will get back to you.

FWIW I had to wait 6 months from getting offered a job to starting, and the referencing and medical aspects took the longest. Once they were done things started to move more quickly, although I also acknowledge I was in a position of not needing to give a notice period.

It is worth also noting that should you ever apply for any internal promotional opportunities such as Supervisor or Train Operator it isn’t unknown to wait in excess of a year…
Thanks for this , I was already getting scared that I have been forgotten

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Tobes1994

At what point of your application do you mentioned about pre-planned holidays? I have July/August and October which could limit on when I can start my training.

Still waiting from my confirmation of passing the Role Play/SBI. It has been 8 working days now

Nky

This waiting period is atrocious. I was given a conditional offer mid April, and now iv been told theres no oc health slots available

Can someone tell me if its hard to pass the assessments when on the training course?

kinkywinpat

At what point of your application do you mentioned about pre-planned holidays? I have July/August and October which could limit on when I can start my training.

Still waiting from my confirmation of passing the Role Play/SBI. It has been 8 working days now
I think you mention it at the point you get the offer, you will fill out some onboarding documents and then you write down your holidays. And regarding the offer they told me it can take up to 15 working days, got mine after 10 working days.

This waiting period is atrocious. I was given a conditional offer mid April, and now iv been told theres no oc health slots available

Can someone tell me if its hard to pass the assessments when on the training course?
It's a huge recruitment so the waiting period will definitely be long.

ademide

Im afraid that date does not count. I picked April 22nd and when I called closer to the date, they said they had to call to confirm the start date which they did and I started yesterday, May 20th.
Hi, please what was given to you on the first day. Did you receive any uniform?

bluegoblin7

Established Member

You're dealing with a high volume (thousands) recruiting campaign, and the team also deal with other high volume (thousands) internal campaigns such as train operator and supervisor. You really do need to be patient!

If you've got as far as a job offer you won't have any issues with the training course as long as you apply yourself, ask questions if you need to and take it seriously. You'll learn a lot, but don't expect to sail through - there will be tests, homework and studying outside of class. Put in the effort, and you've got a nice career for life.

---

I'll hopefully have some time later this week to do another wash-up of any queries that have been missed.

Nky

I think it's standard practice to book training date before reed checks but the training date you booked is not certain until you have been booked for your medicals. I chose 27th as my start date before the reed checks , but I have not gotten a call for medicals yet so not sure I would start on the 27th like I chose.
I picked 27th too, but i don't think it will be happening at that date. I reckon maybe around July we will get the invite to training

Veeky

Hi, please what was given to you on the first day. Did you receive any uniform?
Yes, we received Uniforms and ipad
We had a test today and its 6 tests across the next two weeks with 80% cut off. Tests are pretty easy, intended to make you pass

coffeetable

I have been trying to get hold of someone from the onboarding team at 02030051680 to discuss my medical screening. I can see a few forum members saying that they spoke with someone from the team, but my bad, no one is picking up the call. My assumption is that the call is picked up on certain days, such as Tuesdays. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I have been calling every hour for the past 3 weeks and emailed them twice, to no avail.

Nky

Yes, we received Uniforms and ipad
We had a test today and its 6 tests across the next two weeks with 80% cut off. Tests are pretty easy, intended to make you pass
What do these test focus on? Is it timed? Multiple questions?

Wakky

I have been trying to get hold of someone from the onboarding team at 02030051680 to discuss my medical screening. I can see a few forum members saying that they spoke with someone from the team, but my bad, no one is picking up the call. My assumption is that the call is picked up on certain days, such as Tuesdays. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I have been calling every hour for the past 3 weeks and emailed them twice, to no avail.
I normally ring early when they open the lines as luckily my break tends to be at 9am as I start work at 4am most days, they tend not to be as busy in my experience.

Also I'd recommend when the call says no one is available, to hang up and ring again, and again, and again. I've managed to get through by doing this, most times on my 5th or 6th attempt.

Also for those querying about medical, I called today and was told I would receive a call this week or early next week to book it but that it would definitely be done before I start (start date is 10th June)

Wakky

It’s nice to see you got the same training date. See you there!
hopefully see you there!
Still haven't got medical booked though, but did get my contract sent through yesterday afternoon! So hopefully will get the call soon.

coffeetable

I normally ring early when they open the lines as luckily my break tends to be at 9am as I start work at 4am most days, they tend not to be as busy in my experience.

Also I'd recommend when the call says no one is available, to hang up and ring again, and again, and again. I've managed to get through by doing this, most times on my 5th or 6th attempt.

Also for those querying about medical, I called today and was told I would receive a call this week or early next week to book it but that it would definitely be done before I start (start date is 10th June)
I will try that trick. Thanks for your advice.

CLAUBALMANT

hopefully see you there!
Still haven't got medical booked though, but did get my contract sent through yesterday afternoon! So hopefully will get the call soon.

Hey, How long did it take for your screening check with Reed to be completed? And how long after it was completed did you receive the email with the contract?

I was anxious about the slow progress and afraid that candidates currently going through the screen check in the onboarding process might already be on the waiting list, and that TfL might no longer be calling for training or have start dates available. However, based on the latest messages, it seems that things are still moving forward. We just need to be patient with this process. Thank you to those updating us that they are still receiving emails with contracts and training dates.

Wakky

Hey, How long did it take for your screening check with Reed to be completed? And how long after it was completed did you receive the email with the contract?

I was anxious about the slow progress and afraid that candidates currently going through the screen check in the onboarding process might already be on the waiting list, and that TfL might no longer be calling for training or have start dates available. However, based on the latest messages, it seems that things are still moving forward. We just need to be patient with this process. Thank you to those updating us that they are still receiving emails with contracts and training dates.
hey, my screening began in 04 April and took about 2-3weeks? I then had to also go in to do document verification. I got my contract yesterday, so maybe a month between screening completion to contract. I've been reading through the forum and noticed they normally send the contract 2 weeks before your start date.
I also got the call to book the medical today finally

gabsy

hey, my screening began in 04 April and took about 2-3weeks? I then had to also go in to do document verification. I got my contract yesterday, so maybe a month between screening completion to contract. I've been reading through the forum and noticed they normally send the contract 2 weeks before your start date.
I also got the call to book the medical today finally
Which day did you choose eventually for the medical, what are the available dates?

Wakky

Which day did you choose eventually for the medical, what are the available dates?
The next available date I was given was 03 June. I didn't ask about other avail dates but there were a few vacant times available for 03 June itself, and the lady did confirm they had just received a new batch of dates today.

kinkywinpat

Hello they will call you regarding medicals, I received a call

raenew

Hi I hope someone can help me

I started my onboarding in March and was called about booking a start date but was told I need to do document verification. I booked it then the next day was called by someone else saying I don’t need to do it as I have a British passport.

But then as I’ve called again was told I need to do some sort of passport verification. Is anyone else going through the same thing ?

I plan on calling just solely asking for my medical dates as I feel like I’m receiving confusing information.

Could anyone advise further ?

coffeetable

I started my onboarding in March and was called about booking a start date but was told I need to do document verification. I booked it then the next day was called by someone else saying I don’t need to do it as I have a British passport.

But then as I’ve called again was told I need to do some sort of passport verification. Is anyone else going through the same thing ?

I plan on calling just solely asking for my medical dates as I feel like I’m receiving confusing information.

I was sent a link to my phone and to record my face scan the Passport and the identification done.

Anothermarvel

The next available date I was given was 03 June. I didn't ask about other avail dates but there were a few vacant times available for 03 June itself, and the lady did confirm they had just received a new batch of dates today.
Mine is on 29th May. At the time there were no later dates - or earlier dates.

Seems they have opened up now.

Anyone starting 10th June? That's my start date.

For my document verification, I had to go to Stratford. A member of staff just checks your passport/drivers licence.

Medical booking comes later. Usually just before you officially start. You'll get a phone call from the recruitment team.

I wouldn't get nervous. The recruitment team are very busy. You just have to be patient.

raenew

Mine is on 29th May. At the time there were no later dates - or earlier dates.

Seems they have opened up now.

Anyone starting 10th June? That's my start date.

For my document verification, I had to go to Stratford. A member of staff just checks your passport/drivers licence.

Medical booking comes later. Usually just before you officially start. You'll get a phone call from the recruitment team.

I wouldn't get nervous. The recruitment team are very busy. You just have to be patient.
Thank you. I did that then I got a call saying I don’t need to do it because I have a British passport ??