• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Long marston open day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

I was really pleased that it was easy to take pictures without crowds of enthusiasts standing in front of locos. I agree pity we could not walk around the DVT and coach storage area still great value for a tenner,roll on next time:D

sprinterguy

Established Member
Strategic Reserve! Don't be fooled by the peeling paint, those beasts are ready to roll!! ;)

It's all part of the conspiracy!:lol: Why do you think they only let people look around part of the site: It's because they've got a horde of 8Fs and Britannias hidden away in case of nuclear conflict! ;)

Anyway, I thought Long Marston was owned by the Ministry of Defence?

BlythPower

It's all part of the conspiracy!:lol: Why do you think they only let people look around part of the site: It's because they've got a horde of 8Fs and Britannias hidden away in case of nuclear conflict! ;)

It looks suspiciously like they've been scrapping them on the sly and making shopping trollies out of them. :grin:

noddy1878

Established Member
The UID 37 is 37898. although you can not tell from your picture behind the 37 is 20197.

John

Ahhh. Thanks for that. I really couldn't face walking all that way down there. There was a bloke in an orange hi vis popping out every now and again looking at me as if I really shouldn't be heading this way! Shame I didn't make the effort if 20197 was behind it. I need that one.

The loco I really went for was 87018. That was my last one required for sight for the entire class.

Status
Not open for further replies.