• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LOROL / GA Trainee Drivers - Chingford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

junior_7178

Did you receive an email as well or were you contacted by phone? Have not had any emails but did have a missed call from an unknown number this afternoon but may be clutching at straws! Are both of your assessments on Wednesday as well?

Bloody hell, don't say things like that. I also had a missed call from an unknown number yesterday. I've stopped answering them as I'm sick of the automated voice telling me I'm due a PPi rebate or some crap.

387star

On Moderation
Bloody hell, don't say things like that. I also had a missed call from an unknown number yesterday. I've stopped answering them as I'm sick of the automated voice telling me I'm due a PPi rebate or some crap.

I did too bizarre

Zetecy

I did the assessments for GA itself, I think it refers to the Group Bourdon 'dots test' for concentration.

Thanks for that, I thought it might be, I have been using the software freely available to practise the GB test, but not in SCAAT mode don't know whether to try that out aswell or just focus on the GB dots.

Cheers for taking the time to write your blog its really helping and calming at the same time, since this is my first attempt.

Can you remember if there was any interview and/or the written communications test on the very first assessment day? or is it just purely psychometric testing?

Thanks.

387star

On Moderation
How did people fill in the employment section personally I used the CV attachment as the application version only had 'degree achieved' and 'school name' which seemed odd terminology with little space to write subjects grades etc

Last edited:

echodelta31

How did people fill in the employment section personally I used the CV attachment as the application version only had 'degree achieved' and 'school name' which seemed odd terminology with little space to write subjects grades etc

I pretty much did the same and mentioned it in the additional information section.

The biggest laugh was not that it was degree only, but that the location field only allowed you to select American states.....:lol:

387star

On Moderation
Yeah I do live far away which doesn't help
No feedback not sure if I failed the questionnaire or my application just b wasn't good enough
Some questions were tough such as do you prefer working alone or in a team I put the former being honest and knowing the job requirements but obviously you are still working aspart of a team
Was a blast to the past with cv and cover letter

Last edited:

Marc1986

Sorry to hear that ML. Did you have to make contact with them or did they get in touch with you? I still haven't heard anything at all. Thanks

Jim123

Morning All,

Has anyone on here got any more updates on these roles? I know that there have been some assessments taking place but has anything else happened?
I applied myself but have heard nothing! No emails, no missed phone calls.....i'm feeling left out!

Cheers

Jim

MBU82007

I have been informed by lorol HR that i have passed the medical........ they told me i have missed out on the november training session as it was allocated on first come first serve basis.
I have been told i can start in January 2015 and AGA will contact me soon.

It has been 1 week and i have not heard from AGA yet.
Is anyone else in a similar situation?

Last edited:

badassunicorn

From what I gather HR are very very busy at the moment with sorting various driver training courses so could be a while, but they'll get round to sorting you out soon no doubt =)

SPADTrap

Established Member
Is this with LOROL? From the recent vacancy?

No for an application I made last year, for Greater Anglia itself. I'll be Cambridge based from November 24th!

Anyone else at Stratford from then?

Last edited:

MBU82007

From what I gather HR are very very busy at the moment with sorting various driver training courses so could be a while, but they'll get round to sorting you out soon no doubt =)

Hi badassunicorn,
Thanks for your response.......i spoke to lorol HR today and they informed me that they are currently sorting the november starters and thereafter will draw up contracts towards the end of november for myself and the other january starters.

Mosschops1977

Hi badassunicorn,
Thanks for your response.......i spoke to lorol HR today and they informed me that they are currently sorting the november starters and thereafter will draw up contracts towards the end of november for myself and the other january starters.

Has anyone heard from HR who's starting in November?

Mosschops1977

You at Stratford from then? Do you have the OPC safety day on the Friday? I'll be at Stratford from Fri 21st Nov. Good luck!

Do you have a contact number for AGA admin as still not heard from them. All I was told from lorol is they will contact me soon
Thanks

SPADTrap

Established Member
Do you have a contact number for AGA admin as still not heard from them. All I was told from lorol is they will contact me soon
Thanks

I'm for Cambridge at Greater Anglia itself, not the LOROL/Chingford jobs which is a different recruitment drive so you may hear soon?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.