• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Lorol Trainee Driver Assessment

Status
Not open for further replies.

6ixfoot1

Eeesh! Gonna be some tough competition.

You think thats bad? My mate who is a driver for Lorol says that they previously assessed 3000 people to fill 10 vacancies!!!

By that calculation it does kind of look like they have one position to fill from the candidates of this week.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TDK

Established Member
You think thats bad? My mate who is a driver for Lorol says that they previously assessed 3000 people to fill 10 vacancies!!!

By that calculation it does kind of look like they have one position to fill from the candidates of this week.

You will find there were 3000 applicants and not 3000 assessed, probably only 120 - 180 were actually assessed
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Eeesh! Gonna be some tough competition.

I doubt there are 50 a day most likely a maximum of 30

Sirgerbil

See this is what I don't understand, I agree that the numbers suit that kind of vacancy. But is it really likely that LOROL are going to host classroom for one trainee? Doesn't seem financially viable.

TDK

Established Member
I doubt the 45 minute living to the depot thing is relevant, I have a friend who passed all the assessments with Southeastern and applied to LOROL after still waiting for DM interview. He lives within 5 minutes walking to New Cross Gate station however still hasn't heard anything from the current LOROL application.

The 45 minute thing is essential
See this is what I don't understand, I agree that the numbers suit that kind of vacancy. But is it really likely that LOROL are going to host classroom for one trainee? Doesn't seem financially viable.

It wouldn't be a classroom a DI would train an individual

dglondon

Deleted

Last edited:

Sirgerbil

There will be more than 1 person in the classroom. LOROL recruited extensively from internal candidates throughout the latter half of last year, so the majority of trainees in the classroom will be internal people. LOROL advertised in December externally to fill the classroom slot(s) that they weren't able to fill with internal candidates.

I don't know how many external candidates they are looking for, but if it's one, then the particular course they start on will be 1 external + around 7 internal trainees.

Ah, That makes more sense. Sounds like they are just trying to bump it up to a "Full" class with externals then?

6ixfoot1

Received email today informing me that I was unsuccessful. Failed the TEA OCc.
Thats the only test that I thought I might fail after sitting it.

This is what I remember about the other tests, I completed 10 rows on the first page of the GB test and a similar amount of rows on the following sheets.

Completed 12 of the 20 trains in the DFFT test. On the 12th I only marked the fault but ran out of time as soon as I knew what the code was.

Not 100% sure if I passed the GB and DFFT but when I asked they only said that I was unsuccessful on the TEA OCc and they would not be able to give me any further information.

Hope this helps someone.

Sirgerbil

Received email today informing me that I was unsuccessful. Failed the TEA OCc.
Thats the only test that I thought I might fail after sitting it.

This is what I remember about the other tests, I completed 10 rows on the first page of the GB test and a similar amount of rows on the following sheets.

Completed 12 of the 20 trains in the DFFT test. On the 12th I only marked the fault but ran out of time as soon as I knew what the code was.

Not 100% sure if I passed the GB and DFFT but when I asked they only said that I was unsuccessful on the TEA OCc and they would not be able to give me any further information.

Hope this helps someone.

Sorry to hear that mate, sounds like you passed the rest though?

What day was your assessment? Tuesday Morning/Afternoon?

Sirgerbil

Ah okay, had mine on Tues afternoon so will probably receive my doom and gloom tomorrow!

It's a bit odd they are willing to tell you that you failed the tea occ but not elaborate on GB pass...
Got a voicemail from LOROL asking me to ring them but in a meeting till this afternoon.

Will update when I know more.

W230

Established Member
I doubt there are 50 a day most likely a maximum of 30
My TOC assessed 50 people a day for two weeks back when I started, then did the same again about a month later. It's no wonder people are always complaining they're in a talent pool!

Sirgerbil

Well called them back, Passed first assessment back for 2nd on the 26th at Watford.

Anyone else joining me?

Status
Not open for further replies.