• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Lothian Buses and ECB Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

CN04NRJ

Established Member
would be like it is on the 8**geminis but LCs colours instead

From memory it looked like the lower front was cream, similar to 826/827 etc.

I didn't have much of an opportunity to look other than quickly in my rear view mirror as at first I thought they were just the ex London examples until I noticed the original style lower front ends.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Just a gentle reminder that this thread is for Lothian Buses and ECB discussion please :)

It is not to discuss any other topic, such as social distancing, mask wearing or anything else.

If anyone wishes to discuss any matters relating to the Covid19 pandemic please use the dedicated forum section for that purpose.

Threads that may be of interest include:

If you see any off topic post, please report it using the report button. If there are several off topic posts in a thread, please report the first off topic post and let us know the details. Please do not reply to off topic posts.

DunsBus

Established Member
Now through on VOSA. Lothian now operating the 20 and 63 up to and including 31st August.

CN04NRJ

Established Member
Saw a few buses being moved between garages today with 1002/1024 and the native 11 plate B9s going to Longstone with B5TLs coming back the other way.

RomeoCharlie71

Established Member
Does anyone know, approximately, what %age of normal (i.e. pre-COVID Mon-Fri) service is currently operating with the critical timetable?

Ta in advance

TheEastCoaster

Established Member
Does anyone know, approximately, what %age of normal (i.e. pre-COVID Mon-Fri) service is currently operating with the critical timetable?

Ta in advance

Are you meaning what services have been withdrawn?

10/12/X15/23/36/42/45/61/67/200/300/X17/X38/275/280/Ex2/X5/X7 and all the nightbuses/nighthawks

RomeoCharlie71

Established Member
No... I mean what percentage of normal service is currently operating (e.g. 20%, 25%), I can't put it into more simple terms than that. I only ask as there seems to be quite a hefty amount of buses out despite other operators only operating a limited service.

For example, Stagecoach East Scotland only have 90 vehicle diagrams at the moment compared to the normal 407 thus only approx 24% of normal service operating.

Lothian285

Ta in advance

I believe it is around 25%, but someone else can probably give a more accurate percentage.

CN04NRJ

Established Member
I believe it is around 25%, but someone else can probably give a more accurate percentage.

That sounds about right I think. Wouldn't be surprised to see it increasing again fairly soon with the lockdown continuing to ease.

RomeoCharlie71

Established Member
Thanks - just seemed to be quite a lot looking at the trackers!
That sounds about right I think. Wouldn't be surprised to see it increasing again fairly soon with the lockdown continuing to ease.
Depends how willing the Government are to give operators funding, as far as I'm lead to believe

Bus9120UK

Established Member
This does not count vehicles! It only counts routes.

LOTHIAN ONLY:

There are 65 Lothian Routes in total (INCLUDING: Airport Routes, Night Routes and Express Routes) (EXCLUDING: Special Services, Lothiancountry, Eastcoastbuses)
There are 32 Lothian Routes in service during Lockdown (Including, excluding the same things)
that is about 49% of routes in service.

LOTHIAN, LOTHIANCOUNTRY AND EASTCOASTBUSES:

There are 90 Lothian, Ecb and LCB routes (INCLUDING: Airport Routes, Night Routes and Express Routes) (EXCLUDING: School Services)
There are 40 Lothian, Ecb and LCB routes in service during Lockdown (Including, excluding the same things)
that is about 44% of routes in service.

I would've also thought 25% however after doing checks its much more.

scotrail158713

Established Member
true point. Don't know how much vehicles there is usually so I cannot do the maths for that.
Don’t know about other routes but the 113 would usually require 7 buses Mon-Sat however only needs 3 buses just now - just over a 50% reduction by my maths.

CN04NRJ

Established Member
Don’t know about other routes but the 113 would usually require 7 buses Mon-Sat however only needs 3 buses just now - just over a 50% reduction by my maths.

The 30 usually has 17 buses on it M-F and currently has 9 M-S (6 on Sunday) so over 50%.

Lothian_Bus

The 30 usually has 17 buses on it M-F and currently has 9 M-S (6 on Sunday) so over 50%.
A few more examples:

Service 4 using 2 vehicles instead of 10/11.
Service 5 using 2 instead of 10/11.
Service 26 using 7/8 vehicles instead of 30.
Service 31 using 6 instead of 19/20.
Service 44 using 3 vehicles instead of 22.

Edirim

Your question about %normal service is a bit vague and depending on how you look at it will yield different results.
Are you interested in
- The number of journeys on each route compared with Pre-COVID (M-F)
- The PVR on each route compared with Pre-COVID
- The frequency reduction compared with Pre-COVID?
- The reduced operating hours compared with Pre-COVID?

Given a bit of time and nod in the right direction though I could dig through the old/new timetables and do some quick maths for you using some excels I've been working on.

ScotRail158725

Established Member
A few more examples:

Service 4 using 2 vehicles instead of 10/11.
Service 5 using 2 instead of 10/11.
Service 26 using 7/8 vehicles instead of 30.
Service 31 using 6 instead of 19/20.
Service 44 using 3 vehicles instead of 22.
4 & 5 both uses 8 M-F
31 has 6 vehicles on a sunday so it’s basically a sunday service on that which is 1/3 of normal service

Lothian_Bus

4 & 5 both uses 8 M-F
31 has 6 vehicles on a sunday so it’s basically a sunday service on that which is 1/3 of normal service
OK I was pretty sure the 4 and 5 were around 10/11 but will go with what you say.

Either way it illustrates the significant reduction in services just now.

ScotRail158725

Established Member
OK I was pretty sure the 4 and 5 were around 10/11 but will go with what you say.

Either way it illustrates the significant reduction in services just now.
aye their 15 mins M-F and 30 on sunday and sunday they both have a pvr of 4, the 4 definately is 8 however i think the 5 could be 9? either way its 8 or 9 pvr for the 5

Graeme Duncan

This afternoon on my way home from work I observed 427 and 429 going with not in service displayed plus several other vehicles heading down Lothian Road
along the Caledonian Hotel. I am assuming that they were heading for Central and will be operating from there in due course.

I’ve noticed that Lothian have re-uploaded more Route familiarisation videos on YouTube.

looks like they want their drivers to re-familiarise some of the routes they might not have worked in months.

GusB

Established Member
Associate Staff
Buses & Coaches
I’ve noticed that Lothian have re-uploaded more Route familiarisation videos on YouTube.

looks like they want their drivers to re-familiarise some of the routes they might not have worked in months.
Could you post a link please? Some people may wish to watch them :)

Status
Not open for further replies.