• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Lothian Buses and ECB Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

kje7812

It may well be that it gets some of the ADL stuff which is due around Christmas/Early 2019. I believe the order is mostly Single Decks but there are a small number of Doubles in it. Don't forget the 31 will be getting new stuff by the end of the year as they've said all routes running along the Zoo corridor will be Euro VI by the end of the year from which it is the only one left to upgrade. Apparently another 20 B5LH Gemini3's are due at somepoint so I'd expect one of these two or the 25 to get them
The 25 really does need some new ones.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Lothian_Bus

It may well be that it gets some of the ADL stuff which is due around Christmas/Early 2019. I believe the order is mostly Single Decks but there are a small number of Doubles in it. Don't forget the 31 will be getting new stuff by the end of the year as they've said all routes running along the Zoo corridor will be Euro VI by the end of the year from which it is the only one left to upgrade. Apparently another 20 B5LH Gemini3's are due at somepoint so I'd expect one of these two or the 25 to get them

Anyone clued up as to what the full order of ADL stuff is and where it is going along with any other new orders from Wrightbus and others? I've only heard rumours recently
Agree about the 31. I am confused a little about the number of B5TL's coming. 12 have arrived but are we still expecting another 13 or are these the ones that Eastcoastbuses will receive I wonder. Time will tell.

OmniCity999

Established Member

Anyone clued up as to what the full order of ADL stuff is and where it is going along with any other new orders from Wrightbus and others? I've only heard rumours recently

Led to believe the whole ADL order is for an entirely new single deck product based on the B8RLE / Enviro 200 and the Enivro 400 angular front end, not the city one. Led to believe Wrightbus are to continue building the Double Deck products for Lothian. This will kill off alot of the early Eclipses with 160-190 staying in main fleet.

FlybeDash8Q400

Established Member
Just thought I'd share you some news on the 61. I'm sure you are all aware of SL selling a large part of the company to Phoenix. This means Phoenix will take over SL House. The sale is to be completed on 1st September. Atmo Phoenix are restructuring the part they are buying. As Phoenix's only site will be SL House they won't be needing the 61. SL will keep Dundas House, George Street and St Andrew Sq for the retained chunk of the company (Investments). The 61 may be altered to serve just these 3 sites but SL are also trying to cut costs, Therefore the future of the route is uncertain. I have family who work in the part that is to go to Phoenix hence why I am aware of this. It would probably suit Lothian anyway who are trying to rid themselves of the solos

route101

Established Member
Great stuff in Glasgow yesterday , a posse of Lothian Deckers i seen for the games . Glasgow punters must of been like whhhhhattt such a fancy bus and the lothian drivers must of been whhhhat seen the old tridents in Glasgow !

Darklord8899

Great stuff in Glasgow yesterday , a posse of Lothian Deckers i seen for the games . Glasgow punters must of been like whhhhhattt such a fancy bus and the lothian drivers must of been whhhhat seen the old tridents in Glasgow !

Ahh might be the reason why Skylink 576 (yesterday) and 581 (today) were out on the 33 (when I saw them both heading out to Gorebridge)

SpeedbirdA350

I wonder if they are leaving some buses in Glasgow as they will be there all week or driving them back at the end of each day. Seems a waste of fuel to drive them there and back but what depot would they use out there? Although I noticed 1052 was used yesterday in Glasgow but today is on the 8 route.

Lothian_Bus

I wonder if they are leaving some buses in Glasgow as they will be there all week or driving them back at the end of each day. Seems a waste of fuel to drive them there and back but what depot would they use out there? Although I noticed 1052 was used yesterday in Glasgow but today is on the 8 route.
Having looked at the Edinburgh Transport Visualisation website it doesn't appear that any are in Glasgow today (yet).

FlybeDash8Q400

Established Member
Having looked at the Edinburgh Transport Visualisation website it doesn't appear that any are in Glasgow today (yet).
571-574 look as if they are, They are at the glitchpoint for Grangemouth repaints, I doubt all 4 are getting repainted. Also a few 18 plate B5's are sitting dead in Central which is quite unusual so maybe not all the AVL's are activated today

SpeedbirdA350

I don't understand why they'd use Skylink buses as they have less seats plus LB don't have THAT many Skylink buses and surely need them all even more so now that the 400 is using them too? I see on tracker those 4 are still at Abercorn although 2 are sitting/swimming in the Forth... Can only assume those buses in Glasgow do have the AVL turned off...

OmniCity999

Established Member
Lothian have aquired 4 X Wright Gemini 2 B5LH's from Bullocks in exchange for 6 Scanias. These 4 are said to be going to LCB following a Wright overhaul.

Heard some of the skylink B5LH's are heading over to LCB and main fleet operation/colours.

Observer

There are some B5LHs at the paint shop in Grangemouth so it does seem to be true.

Darklord8899

A Riccarton bound 25 and a X23 First Decker had a coming together late this afternoon at the bus stop just past Sighthill Roundabout.

At the time I passed the 25 was right up at the front of the stop past the shelter, with the first bus half pulled into the stop, half in the inside lane.
The First Decker was minus it's nearside mirror (lying on the road at the stop, along with a piece of metal pole and a metal strip) and front wheel arch panel all buckled up. The doors were jammed open with first engineers trying to knock things back into place to close them.
The LB Decker had scrapes along the whole off side from drivers cab to rear offside wheel arch, which the panel to the back of the wheel arch was all buckled up. All the panels between decks and below lower deck windows were dented and scraped.

I didn't however catch either of fleet numbers.

FlybeDash8Q400

Established Member
Ok. It's been almost a year. Is anyone clued up as to what is happening with 942?

Very surprised that 571-574 are getting repainted so quickly but with lower PVR's they're not needed, However 431-434 would have been a better choice I think

OmniCity999

Established Member
Ok. It's been almost a year. Is anyone clued up as to what is happening with 942?

Very surprised that 571-574 are getting repainted so quickly but with lower PVR's they're not needed, However 431-434 would have been a better choice I think

Believe they are going white, like 551. They will then be used by every subsidury when they are low on buses.

overthewater

Established Member
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman....pedestrianise-key-edinburgh-streets-1-4778621

I bet Ryan bar junction will still be as bad as ever. Car Drivers will complain why? there is very little car parks within the city centre bar George street and heavens forbid people have to walk..

Edinburgh city centre could become a “largely traffic free zone” under a radical proposal to be put to the public. One of three options put forward by the city council says “key streets could be pedestrianised” while hubs could be built for buses to drop off passengers to use “less impactful transport”. It is not yet clear whether buses would be able to travel through the city centre. The document, called ‘Connecting our cities, transforming our places’, explains three approaches to potentially overhauling the future of transport in the Capital. The report says: “The city centre would become a largely traffic free zone with controls in place to allow for essential traffic and with pedestrian priority in the city, town, and local centres. “You would be able to go to, but not through the city centre. A series of hubs could be developed where buses would drop off and other forms of less impactful transport would take over. Pavements would be significantly widened and public spaces improved. Key streets would be pedestrianised.” It adds: “There would be strategic walking routes and segregated cycle routes across the city with a citywide wayfinding network to guide pedestrians around the city. “Public transport could be fully integrated with smart contactless payment for use across all public transport services. New park and ride interchanges could be provided at key points around the city with a series of new bus priority corridors linked to them.” Another ‘prospectus’ option to be put to the public includes a “business as usual approach” although the Scottish Government is requiring the council to establish a Low Emission Zone. The third option is a “strategic approach” which highlights possible “controls on the levels of general traffic with restrictions on through traffic within certain areas.” It adds: “Priority would be for people on foot and bicycle on specific streets including George Street and the Royal Mile. Gaps in the existing walking and cycling networks would be completed.”

The report points out that the three options are not mutually exclusive. Subject to approval of the council’s Transport and Environment Committee, the eight-week public engagement will start in September – with further public consultation on detailed proposals set to be held early in 2019. Transport Convener, Cllr Lesley Macinnes, said: “It’s very much about trying to find out how much of a vision people are willing to embrace and what we then need to do to deliver that. “We are very conscious that we have a city centre residential population in marked contrast to many other cities. We need to take care of their needs and expectations of where they live. It’s also about those who visit and those who come into the city centre. “Health is a key aspect of this and it’s about air quality, it’s about providing more opportunities to walk and cycle and better use of public transport.” She added: “We are going forward with consultation with the public on three projects which are being brought together quite unusually to form a single consultation around the Low Emission Zone, the next city mobility plan and the city centre transformation. “What is really exciting about the prospectus is the vision that it represents. The status quo is not enough for this city. We have to make change and this is about the nature of that change. How much of a vision are we willing to embrace, what do we need to do to put that vision in place?”

MrHopefull

New ECB buses finally at Seafield waiting roll out.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1534003935450.jpg
    FB_IMG_1534003935450.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 113

Driver362

Thanks, I have just recently joined the ranks of Lothian and have enjoyed the content so far

ANWP Tom

Seems to have been some surplus in the skylinks since the change with one regularly dropping on 33s midweek, seen it happen in the peak earlier.

The route mentioned earlier that must run as single decks is the 30 due to the bridge at newcraighall station

TheEastCoaster

Established Member
Nice one. Look forward to travelling on them.

East Coast said on Facebook they are already out. I’ve noticed paticarly yesterday night that it was all double deckers on the 124, i get that it’s the festival but if they are planning to launch them soon they are remaining very quiet about it.

sam120

East Coast said on Facebook they are already out. I’ve noticed paticarly yesterday night that it was all double deckers on the 124, i get that it’s the festival but if they are planning to launch them soon they are remaining very quiet about it.

Out where? I can’t see any on lvf.io

FlybeDash8Q400

Established Member
Can anyone confirm fleet numbers with regards to this batch. I imagine plates should follow 1051-1062 as nothing has been registered after them

Status
Not open for further replies.