• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Lothian Buses and ECB Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott mac

East Coast said on Facebook they are already out. I’ve noticed paticarly yesterday night that it was all double deckers on the 124, i get that it’s the festival but if they are planning to launch them soon they are remaining very quiet about it.
thought they would wait untill September for the new reg

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

FlybeDash8Q400

Established Member
Went to Seafield today. Seen a few things:

ECB Gemini3 (Body number AQ434) was seen with fleet number 20002

Also seen was 115 with most of its front missing, LMC 843, All white 571, 1 Scania and ex Bullocks Volvo B5LH Gemini2 LP11 YBA

Last edited:

Lothian_Bus

I notice 1062 has been at Seafield for a few days. Also Marine 469 (26 branded) is operating on Central's service 31 today.

Auld reekie

Saw a Lothian Country Bus not in service with Irish registration number plates.
Is this unusual?

smtglasgow

How many buses does the X99 require? Was in Edinburgh yesterday and there seemed to be a line of them in St Andrews Square – all carrying full loads and with a queue at the stop. Just wondering how Lothian manage to resource this in the middle of the festival season.

Lothian_Bus

How many buses does the X99 require? Was in Edinburgh yesterday and there seemed to be a line of them in St Andrews Square – all carrying full loads and with a queue at the stop. Just wondering how Lothian manage to resource this in the middle of the festival season.
Tends to be at least six at a time. The buses operating on that are usually taken from all three depots. Usually 2 each from Longstone and Marine with Central making up the rest.

Darklord8899

Aye, the X99 was definitely a good idea!! Raking in the dosh..... probably paying for the new LCB routes :lol::p

Darklord8899

Saw a Lothian Country Bus not in service with Irish registration number plates.
Is this unusual?

..... as far as I am aware of the 1000 series fleet numbers the following have (Northern) Irish plates....
1001 - LXZ 5383
1002 - LXZ 5384
1003 - LXZ 5385
1004 - LXZ 5386
1005 - LXZ 5387
1006 - LXZ 5388

1028 - LXZ 5413

..... I am sure someone with more knowledge can confirm/add to/correct this list.

1028 is in LCB colours for new West Lothian services, not sure how many of the ex London stock are for LCB

Have also seen 1022 (in LB colours) on the 29's today.

Last edited:

CM

They are Irish plates. Coach companies for years have been using Northern Irish plates to hide the age of vehicles.

Darklord8899

Sorry, my reply was directed at "overthewater", not you. Sorry for the confusion.

No worries, but it did make me re-check my post and i had mistakenly said they were private (instead of NI) plates (brain fart after long day at work)

Kilmux

..... as far as I am aware of the 1000 series fleet numbers the following have (Northern) Irish plates....
1001 - LXZ 5383
1002 - LXZ 5384
1003 - LXZ 5385
1004 - LXZ 5386
1005 - LXZ 5387
1006 - LXZ 5388

1028 - LXZ 5413

..... I am sure someone with more knowledge can confirm/add to/correct this list.

1028 is in LCB colours for new West Lothian services, not sure how many of the ex London stock are for LCB

Have also seen 1022 (in LB colours) on the 29's today.
The 41s seem to be particularly blessed(?) with a number of the ex Londons with the Armagh plates. Speaking to a driver on a sardine-packed service his comments were: 'Not good at all. Short and slow'. How many seats are they short of the standard BT9Ls?

alexf380

Established Member
They're 10.4m, compared to our native 11.3m buses. That's at least one row of seats from the upper and lower decks, 8 seats total plus the associated standing space. They also have a different gearbox which means they are a lot slower off the mark. Time shall tell how they fare in Edinburgh.

Lothian_Bus

The 41s seem to be particularly blessed(?) with a number of the ex Londons with the Armagh plates. Speaking to a driver on a sardine-packed service his comments were: 'Not good at all. Short and slow'. How many seats are they short of the standard BT9Ls?
Yes the 29 is run almost exclusively with these buses as well.

overthewater

Established Member
They're 10.4m, compared to our native 11.3m buses. That's at least one row of seats from the upper and lower decks, 8 seats total plus the associated standing space. They also have a different gearbox which means they are a lot slower off the mark. Time shall tell how they fare in Edinburgh.

They should do fine pottering around Edinburgh. But a few have gone to lcb... Will they be able to deal with fast country roads etc?

Steamysandy

My son said he quite liked it.To me it has a family resemblance to the single deckers previously delivered.
I haven't been on a bus for years due to mobility problems

sam120

My son said he quite liked it.To me it has a family resemblance to the single deckers previously delivered.
I haven't been on a bus for years due to mobility problems

Well 10051-10065 give EastCoast something to be proud of. I think those buses are absolutely brilliant and I’m really looking forward to when they eventually come onto my local route (the 140)

GaryMcEwan

Established Member

Would have thought they've got the ZF gearboxes instead of Voith which Lothian usually go for. The ZF in my opinion are ludicrously jerky when travelling at low speeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.