• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Lothian Buses and ECB Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darklord8899

Yeah or April, when the 10p price rise usually comes in to play. I think however given phase 3 at LCB plus the new depot, it will be interesting to see if there are bigger changes within our local services, ie will the 44 and 20 change (the end zone is after the lcb arc after all - although LB would be shooting themself in the foot with that) or if there will be any cuts/increases. Will the new depot be exclusive for the coaches and LCB or will some LB services be based from there too such as 20, 63 and 109? It will be interesting to say the least.

I saw in this week's N&P that there was depot allocations for Newbridge for pretty much everyone (and their dog (or bus :p))....... I'm guessing this is to keep the options open.....

Section 2.4 – Variation Applications Granted

PM0002883 SN
LOTHIAN COUNTRY BUSES LIMITED
Director(s): RICHARD JOHN HALL 55 ANNANDALE STREET, EDINBURGH, EH7 4AZ
New operating centre: UNIT 3 EDINBURGH DISTRIBUTION CENTRE, NEWBRIDGE, EDINBURGH, EH28 8PJ New authorisation at this operating centre will be: 50 vehicle(s)

PM0000002 SI
LOTHIAN BUSES LIMITED
Director(s): STEVEN CASSIDY, JAMES MCFARLANE, IAN BIENIOWSKI, MARK YEXLEY, ANTHONY ROSE, SUSAN DEACON, Sarah Boyd, Nigel Serafini 55 ANNANDALE STREET, EDINBURGH, EH7 4AZ
New operating centre: UNIT 3, EDINBURGH DISTRIBUTION PARK, NEWBRIDGE, EDINBURGH, EH28 8PJ New authorisation at this operating centre will be: 75 vehicle(s)

PM2009898 SN
LOTHIAN COACHES LIMITED Director(s): RICHARD JOHN HALL 55 ANNANDALE STREET, EDINBURGH, EH7 4AZ
New operating centre: UNIT 3 EDINBURGH DISTRIBUTION CENTRE, NEWBRIDGE, EDINBURGH, EH28 8PJ New authorisation at this operating centre will be: 45 vehicle(s)

PM1007722 SN
EDINBURGH BUS TOURS LTD Director(s): RICHARD JOHN HALL, Sarah Boyd, Nigel Serafini 55 ANNANDALE ST, EDINBURGH, EH7 4AZ
New operating centre: UNIT 3 EDINBURGH DISTRIBUTION PARK, NEWBRIDGE, EDINBURGH, EH28 8PJ New authorisation at this operating centre will be: 62 vehicle(s)

PM1050765 SN
EAST COAST BUSES LIMITED Director(s): RICHARD JOHN STONEHAM HALL, Sarah Boyd, Nigel Serafini 55 ANNANDALE ST, EDINBURGH, EH7 4AZ
New operating centre: UNIT 3 EDINBURGH DISTRIBUTION PARK, NEWBRIDGE, EDINBURGH, EH28 8PJ New authorisation at this operating centre will be: 75 vehicle(s)

PM0002884 SN
LOTHIAN REGION TRANSPORT LTD Director(s): RICHARD JOHN STONEHAM HALL 55 ANNANDALE STREET, EDINBURGH, EH7 4AZ
New operating centre: UNIT 3 EDINBURGH DISTRIBUTION PARK, NEWBRIDGE, EDINBURGH, EH28 8PJ New authorisation at this operating centre will be: 1 vehicle(s) <-- is this for Mr. Hall's own bus?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

FlybeDash8Q400

Established Member
I think I've come across a lie but I wanna double check, reading flickr descriptions and apparently all new buses will have ADL bodies as apposed to Wright ones, considering that there's still another 200 Wright ones on order I think this may be false, it was my understanding that ADL were doing singles with Wright doing the deckers

Mr Hall's silly bus is the LRT registered one yes

TheEastCoaster

Established Member
So the 69 situ is up now, Prentice are to run it 'in partnership' with Lothian, All the Lothian fares/tickets plus ridacards will still be valid. Clever move from Lothian

Very clever, unexpected though giving that most passangers are oap anyway, but I suppose it’ll benefit the youths in Willowbrae who have a bus outside their house, I wonder if they’ll do something similar to the 13?

Yeah or April, when the 10p price rise usually comes in to play. I think however given phase 3 at LCB plus the new depot, it will be interesting to see if there are bigger changes within our local services, ie will the 44 and 20 change (the end zone is after the lcb arc after all - although LB would be shooting themself in the foot with that) or if there will be any cuts/increases. Will the new depot be exclusive for the coaches and LCB or will some LB services be based from there too such as 20, 63 and 109? It will be interesting to say the least.

I think the next LCB phases will be introduced sooner than the next service change, with the new single deckers out it might be even sooner than we think. I think the 20/63 would most likely change in fares giving that LCB runs via part of that route for 2.70 plus if they went to LCB it would be a good excuse to vamp up the service for West Edinburgh, the 44 would be an uproar if they charged 2.70 for balerno so I doubt that’ll happen. Giving that Lothian and even ECB might be using this depot too i’m reckoning the Skylinks might transfer to Newbridge also possibly sharing the 20 and 63 with Longstone (if it dosent tamper with the part routes in both services) 109 I doubt since it’s purpose is to transfer Longstone drivers from Livingston, speaking of which has the 109 been out in LCB lively since August or still in LB? you’d think they’d perhaps do something with the service giving the expansion.

Darklord8899

They must really not want to incorporate that bus with the LCB network,

It's like a dirty little secret....the 109 doesn't appear in the timetable section of the website, it doesn't appear on any route map, it's never talked about ....
It does appear on the bus trackers, and I often see the last one returning to Longstone on my way to work (only reason I know it still actually exists!)
I don't think it is even on the radar of management (I wonder if all the management even knows of the 109's existence lol)

ANWP Tom

I think the reason the X31 is Marine is due to the interworking with the X12 which has been Marine, Central and back to Marine
When I worked at Gogarburn some X12's continued from Haymarket as X31's (think the same was true for morning inbound X31's continuing to RBS as X12's)

Think this could have something to do with it being easier to ETD them to Marine than Central with a simple run down the Bypass/A1 basically straight to Marine. Maybe but seems logical to me

Darklord8899

Think this could have something to do with it being easier to ETD them to Marine than Central with a simple run down the Bypass/A1 basically straight to Marine. Maybe but seems logical to me

Aye, Marine to Bonnyrigg for morning X31 and Marine to Gogarburn for afternoon X12 would be easier than running to/from Central

RomeoCharlie71

Established Member
There are also 2 morning X12s which come in as X44s, and one as an X26.

In addition to that, there are also two X12s which then go dead to East Craigs to do 31s all day.

Darklord8899

There are also 2 morning X12s which come in as X44s, and one as an X26.

In addition to that, there are also two X12s which then go dead to East Craigs to do 31s all day.

I always wondered if the morning buses ran dead to Marine or went else where...
I do remember at one point 2 of the inbound X26's used to run from city centre to Gyle as 22's (they then returned on service to Foot o the Walk)

It's been a while since I needed to use the X12 as my latter years at Gogarburn I was travelling from Sighthill on the 35. I changed jobs when it became the 300 (which I now use to get to my work :lol:)

Lothian_Bus

Looking at the tridents operating this evening.

696 and 700 on the X37.
699 on the X44E.
695 and 697 on the C134
684 on the 21.

All of these operate out of Marine so it does indeed now appear (as someone suggested last week) that Longstone is no longer operating any tridents.

Darklord8899

Looking at the tridents operating this evening.

696 and 700 on the X37.
699 on the X44E.
695 and 697 on the C134
684 on the 21.

All of these operate out of Marine so it does indeed now appear (as someone suggested last week) that Longstone is no longer operating any tridents.

I *think* Longstone's Tridents have gone... the last fleetlist I saw (dated 8th October) shows all Longstone's Tridents as 'reserve' or 'withdrawn' with the exception of 664, 673, 677 and 680 (664 I believe was at Newbridge, as it was the only one of 4 that were there that still had an active GPS. Are 673, 677 and 680 the other 3?)

Only Trident I saw yesterday was a Marine Trident on the C134 (wasn't able to see which one it was)

Lothian_Bus

I *think* Longstone's Tridents have gone... the last fleetlist I saw (dated 8th October) shows all Longstone's Tridents as 'reserve' or 'withdrawn' with the exception of 664, 673, 677 and 680 (664 I believe was at Newbridge, as it was the only one of 4 that were there that still had an active GPS. Are 673, 677 and 680 the other 3?)

Only Trident I saw yesterday was a Marine Trident on the C134 (wasn't able to see which one it was)

I wonder if they will do anything special for the last Trident day.

Darklord8899

I wonder if they will do anything special for the last Trident day.

No idea, but would be nice, I never had any issues with the Tridents, seemed like solid vehicles, think they deserve a good send off (especially after the hammering they must have got on the 26 or 44)

route101

Established Member
No idea, but would be nice, I never had any issues with the Tridents, seemed like solid vehicles, think they deserve a good send off (especially after the hammering they must have got on the 26 or 44)

Coming from Glasgow they are great nick compared to First Glasgows , which are older .

Gingerbus1991

Coming from Glasgow they are great nick compared to First Glasgows , which are older .
Agreed, drove lothians 667 I think, it was temporarily used on the 36, couldnt believe how decent it was, certainly didnt feel like a 14 year old vehilce at the time anyway, and certainly better than any FiG trident!

TheEastCoaster

Established Member
I was thinking that since the last service changes (for east coast buses) it’s hard to think what they can do next? the X7 is every 30 minutes and the 124 is now finally a double decker service. what else is there for them? I can’t imagine a new service coming along anytime soon, or a frequency increase on any of these services as it’s hard to tell what’s the busiest service.

What lies next for East Lothian..

overthewater

Established Member
I dare there want the council tenders.... Im not sure if that next spring or the year after.

TheEastCoaster

Established Member
I dare there want the council tenders.... Im not sure if that next spring or the year after.

It would be good if they got the eve coaches services. (I.E the 120/121) and the 129. I used the 129 when I worked at seafield till it was unfortunately withdrawn. can’t comment on the other two services though, though the fares from North Berwick to Dunbar are shocking.

Darklord8899

I was thinking that since the last service changes (for east coast buses) it’s hard to think what they can do next? the X7 is every 30 minutes and the 124 is now finally a double decker service. what else is there for them? I can’t imagine a new service coming along anytime soon, or a frequency increase on any of these services as it’s hard to tell what’s the busiest service.

What lies next for East Lothian..

I would think that they would make bids for the council tenders, when they come up. As to anything else, not sure if there is anything else worth trying commercially in EL

Observer

Bus and Coach Buyer (free registration required, this week's issue but the advert has been in for many weeks now) shows that there's quite a lot of Tridents to shift.

The prices aren't that bad either. Obviously would have to cost more for a repaint and anything extra but still.
Capture.PNG

oldman

With ECB they might want to start making a profit from the existing network before extending it. Making a success of contactless and considering whether m-ticket bundles should be the only way of providing for regular travellers would be important as well.

Darklord8899

With ECB they might want to start making a profit from the existing network before extending it. Making a success of contactless and considering whether m-ticket bundles should be the only way of providing for regular travellers would be important as well.

Agreed, I think contactless and ridacard options should be the next thing before any other EL expansion, think WL needs the same after Phase 3 as well

Status
Not open for further replies.