• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Lothian Buses and ECB Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lothian_Bus

The 25 should have stayed Longstone. Better at Longstone than Marine
I agree.

I think it's more to do with the fact that Longstone has more services than it used to (Skylink ,LCB etc) so they needed the space. Having said that Longstone did take on the 23 when the 25 moved away.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

route101

Established Member
Always find it interesting seeing depots operating services that they normally wouldn't.

E.G. Today the only two Marine services operating are the 25 and 26.

The 25 is at Longstone today and the 26 Central.

I wondered if Marine Drivers go to the other depots to drive these buses or not.

The 25 is no stranger to Longstone and Central do the N26 so does this mean that Marine drivers get the day off?

Yeah , i wonder if the drivers have to learn the routes , or experienced drivers know anyway etc , Are the Edinburgh depots closer in a sense when compared to First Glasgows?

SpeedbirdA350

I suspect Sunday 24th Feb prices will go up by 10p on singles and maybe 20p on day tickets.In 2018, it was the final Sunday in Feb.

I know the depot at Newbridge is off but am I mistaken or does Lothian still actually own it? Could they still use that depot for Airlink/Skylink services (given proximity to airport) and free up space in Longstone and Central? Could they even appeal the rejection on the planning refusal? I wonder why it was refused given it would not hurt anyone or such to allow them to have it heightened.

SpeedbirdA350

Does anyone know what is going on with 20942 (SN10DKO) as it has been in repair (or it seems like it has) since the accident in Sept 2017 (16 months so far). I know the damage was quite severe but it looked either repairable or to convert to open top.

VioletEclipse

Does anyone know what is going on with 20942 (SN10DKO) as it has been in repair (or it seems like it has) since the accident in Sept 2017 (16 months so far). I know the damage was quite severe but it looked either repairable or to convert to open top.
No news whatsoever since Sept 2017, I presume it's either going through very lengthy and secretive repair works or they've just scrapped it.

IMO they should just have left it how it was and used it for East Coast Tours ;)

Jordan Adam

Established Member
I suspect Sunday 24th Feb prices will go up by 10p on singles and maybe 20p on day tickets.In 2018, it was the final Sunday in Feb.

I know the depot at Newbridge is off but am I mistaken or does Lothian still actually own it? Could they still use that depot for Airlink/Skylink services (given proximity to airport) and free up space in Longstone and Central? Could they even appeal the rejection on the planning refusal? I wonder why it was refused given it would not hurt anyone or such to allow them to have it heightened.

Wasn't the reasoning for not moving to Newbridge due to a height issue. In that case they wouldn't be able to move the Airlink/Skylink services there as they use deckers.

Trident638

Always find it interesting seeing depots operating services that they normally wouldn't.

E.G. Today the only two Marine services operating are the 25 and 26.

The 25 is at Longstone today and the 26 Central.

I wondered if Marine Drivers go to the other depots to drive these buses or not.

The 25 is no stranger to Longstone and Central do the N26 so does this mean that Marine drivers get the day off?
No, if Marine drivers are working they would go to central and they try and give them routes they know

SpeedbirdA350

Wasn't the reasoning for not moving to Newbridge due to a height issue. In that case they wouldn't be able to move the Airlink/Skylink services there as they use deckers.
If that were the case, then why did they buy the depot there and how did they get one of the tridents parked there? I thought it might be the low bridge but they got a decker there and out again so I can't see that being the issue. And if it were, why did they even pick that as the location in the first place? I think they wanted planning permission to raise the roof of the depot but the depot looks tall enough to fit a decker in?

Darklord8899

:lol: nah, Lothian need to keep all the buses for the next round of ventures.....
Lothian in Central buses
Lothian in Glasgow buses
Lothian takes over Scotland buses

:p

Jordan Adam

Established Member
:lol: nah, Lothian need to keep all the buses for the next round of ventures.....
Lothian in Central buses
Lothian in Glasgow buses

I wonder if Geminis can be fitted on top of Freight wagons?... They done it with the Leyland National.

"How hard can it be".

VioletEclipse

Lothian in Central buses
Lothian in Glasgow buses

No let's hope they don't go any further than they've already gone, but Glasgow could do with their main operator being a bit better than First, people taking the car because the buses are too expensive doesn't really show a great operator IMO.

alangla

Lothian in Central buses
Lothian in Glasgow buses

Don’t joke. After the rubbish about CalMac taking on ScotRail, this may well appear to be a good way to achieve renationalisation to a future Scottish Government, especially if the government and the largest party on Edinburgh and Glasgow council are the same colour politically.

ScotRail158725

Established Member
I seen a picture of it on facebook taken in june, it had the base livery it crashed in without gold branding, lettering an numbering, it had no upper deck seats and there was no roof on it. Dont know where it was taken but 1010 was next to it. I suspect a rebuild but not sure. Ive also seen post saying there was a Trident in Airlink livery at Seafield Works a few weeks ago

VioletEclipse

Don’t joke. After the rubbish about CalMac taking on ScotRail, this may well appear to be a good way to achieve renationalisation to a future Scottish Government, especially if the government and the largest party on Edinburgh and Glasgow council are the same colour politically.
I though that CalMac would stick to boats, but maybe they'd do better that Abellio
I seen a picture of it on facebook taken in june, it had the base livery it crashed in without gold branding, lettering an numbering, it had no upper deck seats and there was no roof on it. Dont know where it was taken but 1010 was next to it. I suspect a rebuild but not sure. Ive also seen post saying there was a Trident in Airlink livery at Seafield Works a few weeks ago
That's good news, it could well make a comeback within the next year, by which time it will be nine years old, and that batch still seem pretty new.

ScotRail158725

Established Member
I though that CalMac would stick to boats, but maybe they'd do better that Abellio

That's good news, it could well make a comeback within the next year, by which time it will be nine years old, and that batch still seem pretty new.
Id think they would have repaired it quicker than they have. I reckon it might be upgraded to the new ECB specs which could be why ut was taking so long

tbtc

Veteran Member
Lothian has done nothing to stop the use of car drivers going to the retail parks.

Eh?

How are they meant to stop car drivers driving to such places?

Ocean Terminal has the 11/22/34/35/36/200 (with the 10/16 passing near by)

Fort Kinnaird has the 30/49/106/400

Straiton has the 37/47/63

Hermiston Gate has the 2/20/36/63

The Gyle has the 2/12/20/21/22/36/63/275/300/400

Craigleith has the 38/42 (with the 41/43 passing near by)

That's a pretty good spread of services/ destinations, compared to most cities, where bus operators have given up on competing for out-of-town destinations.

As I may have said before on this thread (I've certainly thought it), if people think Edinburgh's bus network isn't perfect, they should try seeing what other towns and cities have to put up with!

Lothian_Bus

I wonder if Trident operation is now finished , on Friday there were just the usual two on the UNi shuttle , which finished yesterday till the new term
Anyone confirm ?
Trident 699 operated on the 21 today. Another couple were on duty this morning.

e.g. 684 did the X37.

Status
Not open for further replies.