• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Lothian Buses and ECB Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

kje7812

It helps that uni isn't on the go at the moment so they can safely chop most of the 25/34/35/45 and perhaps focus on the 3/44. I'd hope they'd have prepared for this but I imagine there might be some very frantic planning happening right now...
There's been language schools on at both Heriot-Watt and Napier so not all quiet...
Also it is not just undergrads who need to get to the unis either.

Still, I suppose I could get the X27/28 and walk a bit at the other end.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Auld reekie

Don’t know it this true or not but according to another forum Hall has been summoned to the council offices on Monday.
No surprise there.

overthewater

Established Member
Don’t know it this true or not but according to another forum Hall has been summoned to the council offices on Monday.
No surprise there.

That probably is true, the council as the main shareholder will be wanting to know the hell is going on.

DunsBus

Established Member
I'll be very surprised if the centenary cavalcade is rescheduled. The reason it was due to take place today is because this weekend is the one closest to the actual centenary date, 1st August. Having the cavalcade later in the year just wouldn't be right as its purpose will have long passed by then.

Granted the likelihood of strike action was a key factor in the cancellation, but for Lothian to promote the cavalcade for so long only for the plug to be pulled at the last minute, and then remove all references to it from social media is a massive PR blunder and one from which it may never recover.

SpeedbirdA350

I'll be very surprised if the centenary cavalcade is rescheduled. The reason it was due to take place today is because this weekend is the one closest to the actual centenary date, 1st August. Having the cavalcade later in the year just wouldn't be right as its purpose will have long passed by then.

Granted the likelihood of strike action was a key factor in the cancellation, but for Lothian to promote the cavalcade for so long only for the plug to be pulled at the last minute, and then remove all references to it from social media is a massive PR blunder and one from which it may never recover.
I'm sure there will be something arranged for open doors day in September. Lothian will recover from this without a problem. It just needs to get this issue dealt with first and foremost.

As for Lothian pulling all references from social media, this is incorrect. https://twitter.com/on_lothianbuses/status/1155136085464408064

CM

CM

It was not said that it had been pulled from facebook, but social media. Twitter, is part of social media.

It was said that they pulled it from Facebook on here, I know because I said it! The words "social media" were not mentioned by me at all.

ScotRail158725

Established Member
Did you see it on the street or online? I ask as I seen online yesterday a B8L which was on route 1 but actually was on 98 and there is some sort of bug in the system.
tracker sais it was on 35 for less than an hour so he obviously saw it online

RomeoCharlie71

Established Member
Did you see it on the street or online? I ask as I seen online yesterday a B8L which was on route 1 but actually was on 98 and there is some sort of bug in the system.
upload_2019-7-28_20-55-58.png
Here is a screenshot of the route that 1068 took when it was on the tracker as route 35 this afternoon.

Andyh82

Established Member
The online fleet list lists open top presidents 217-219. Are these in the tours fleet or used for some other purpose?

Also what’s the current status of the two open top scania omnicities?

SpeedbirdA350

overthewater

Established Member
I do not think MR Hall is going anywhere, I do think what is more likley is the pther management that were never kicked out last time may will be sacked instead.

SpeedbirdA350

I do not think MR Hall is going anywhere, I do think what is more likley is the pther management that were never kicked out last time may will be sacked instead.
This was my original question over the bullying situation though and what the drivers who want strike action actually want from this action as no demands have been issued so is it the upper management as a whole ie those around Hall or is it Hall himself? those who want action have not said what it is they want.

Andyh82

Established Member
Am I right in thinking you can travel to Queensferry on the 63 with a £4 day ticket, but not on the 43 as it’s classed as the CityWest zone on that service?

Ricky Kane

Am I right in thinking you can travel to Queensferry on the 63 with a £4 day ticket, but not on the 43 as it’s classed as the CityWest zone on that service?
yea you can use the 43 not classed as part of the zone

Status
Not open for further replies.