• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Lothian Buses and ECB Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ALADOU47

All services running out of Central as of Monday. This means Longstone and Marine shut for the foreseeable however don’t know how many services will run o assume it will be the ones that serve both the western and the royal.
Also East Coast and Lothian Country out of Central as well

ScotRail158725

Established Member
All services running out of Central as of Monday. This means Longstone and Marine shut for the foreseeable however don’t know how many services will run o assume it will be the ones that serve both the western and the royal.
Also East Coast and Lothian Country out of Central as well
will ECB/LCB fleet move to Central during this time?

SpeedbirdA350

With central having only 15 ish singles, and the 30 route needing more than that in peak (normal timetable), can we assume either a more drastic cut to the 30 (which tbh, it's running empty according to folk) or for some singles to come from Longstone? Would mean buses that usually have singles on, will be deckers.

OmniCity999

Established Member
With central having only 15 ish singles, and the 30 route needing more than that in peak (normal timetable), can we assume either a more drastic cut to the 30 (which tbh, it's running empty according to folk) or for some singles to come from Longstone? Would mean buses that usually have singles on, will be deckers.

Singles on the 30, other services running with deckers.

OmniCity999

Established Member
In times like this, all drivers will be getting the same rate of pay and the service level is so low that it doesnt matter what type of vehicle runs on what route.

CN04NRJ

Established Member
Good that drivers are still getting paid.

80% of wages if not in work/not required as per the government scheme. It'll be volunteer based, I've volunteered as I don't have any dependents but don't know if I'll be required.

Either way I'm very grateful they're not laying staff off as other companies are.

Auld reekie

80% of wages if not in work/not required as per the government scheme. It'll be volunteer based, I've volunteered as I don't have any dependents but don't know if I'll be required.

Either way I'm very grateful they're not laying staff off as other companies are.
Fair play to them and to you for volunteering.

Jordan Adam

Established Member
For distancing purposes they should use double deck throughout.

Agree, doubles should be getting used as extensively as possible, regardless of if the route actually requires the capacity.

While off topic i'm disappointed to see Stagecoach here are still using coaches (with no bandit screens) all the while loads of bandit screen fitted deckers (including 7 19 plate E400MMCs) have been taken off fleet. Back on topic, I wonder if they surplus Lothian vehicles could be reallocated to LCB and ECB to allow as many routes as possible to be operated by bandit fitted buses.

buslad1988

Don't think they're new screens, just the same Mobitec ones with the writing in a different font. A couple of the ADL ex-hybrids look similar.
That’s right; these are not new screens. They have simply re-programmed the mobitec screens (so that’s hybrids, enviro 400’s and a number of Longstone B5’s). IMO they look much smarter and clearer than the squashed up font they used to have.

I think the font they’ve used is what they use in the timetable leaflets (and is that the actual Lothian logo font too?) Obvisouly going for more consistency. Wonder if the hanovers have the capability to receive a matching font?

SpeedbirdA350

For distancing purposes they should use double deck throughout.
Makes me wonder why they parked up a couple of the B8Ls at Newbridge given they have more room... But yes, except on route 30 for obvious reasons although they COULD use 30 with decekrs until Fort and then singles but not sure if practical.

ScotRail158725

Established Member
That’s right; these are not new screens. They have simply re-programmed the mobitec screens (so that’s hybrids, enviro 400’s and a number of Longstone B5’s). IMO they look much smarter and clearer than the squashed up font they used to have.

I think the font they’ve used is what they use in the timetable leaflets (and is that the actual Lothian logo font too?) Obvisouly going for more consistency. Wonder if the hanovers have the capability to receive a matching font?
401-403 have gained new screens and they look a lot better than the updates the other ones are getting

Bus9120UK

Established Member

No. The Lothian font is Lato, and it is not the font used on the screens. To me the font is squished a bit and looks like a font used in schools. I defo perfer the screens that 401 - 403 like ScotRail158725 said. To me it also looks a bit basic compared to the other dests, don't know why, but its the case. Also really annoys me how the number and destination are both the same size.

ScotRail158725

Established Member
No. The Lothian font is Lato, and it is not the font used on the screens. To me the font is squished a bit and looks like a font used in schools. I defo perfer the screens that 401 - 403 like ScotRail158725 said. To me it also looks a bit basic compared to the other dests, don't know why, but its the case. Also really annoys me how the number and destination are both the same size.
the new fonts on the Enviros and 405 look like the very first font when 701 got its screens back in 2016

buslad1988

Ah wasn’t sure, looks similar. Tbh it’s personal opinion if you like the change or not. The average punter won’t care. When you see a hybrid on a 30 it’s certainly much clearer now anyway! Anything which is brighter and larger than what those mobitec’s had before is an improvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.