• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Lothian Group discussion (Lothian City, Lothian Country Bus and East Coast Buses)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ScotRail158725

Established Member
Do you know if anymore be coming to Longstone or is that the lot? Also do wonder if any Marine buses will move to Central / Longstone.
Don’t see why they would. The SN09s could potentially all be withdrawn. Still seems to be a good few SN08s out today at Longstone so I wonder if all those 6xx will replace them all. If not then there could be some depot changes

CN04NRJ

Established Member
Do you know if anymore be coming to Longstone or is that the lot? Also do wonder if any Marine buses will move to Central / Longstone.

Hope there'll be more, would be strange if it was a split batch (e.g 601-630 and 670-690 for example) as they do seem to like keeping groups of buses together. Have to wait and see what happens at the next service change with bus movements I guess. Probably won't be much if vehicle requirement is increased by alot given the new buses and withdrawals?

Edirim

Marine is getting its batch of the buses for the 19 and 21.

Last edited by a moderator:

FlybeDash8Q400

Established Member
No doubt? I'm doubtful.
Especially seeing as the 26 is traditionally the Zoo route as opposed to the 31. Could happen but I agree, doubtful.

New buses on the 19 and 21 would be welcomed additions, last new buses for 19 were in 2011 - although following increase in services 4 and 5 in 2012/13 was revised to run with tridents again, and the last new ones for the 21 were in 2013 (when it was still single decks).

If 656 (or whatever it may be) upwards end up mostly for Central will be interesting to see how they’re allocated, might very well be just in the mix of the existing Gemini3 B5TL’s across a variety of routes. Would help with locator issue as well. I’d happily see the back of 1051-1062 on the 8 too.

Obviously it’s been stated that the Gemini2’s are close to going, but I had a thought, I wonder what will replace 928-936 at LC (if anything)?

It would appear that the new B5TL's are now tracking (maybe not all of them yet).

This photo below is showing the buses tacking on bustimes.org.
Screenshot_20210604-091413_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Lothian Buses Airlink service 100 is to resume night time services from Sunday 13th June 2021.

Also daytime frequency is increased to operate every 20 minutes rather than every 30 minutes.

The article reads;
"From Sunday 13 June, Lothian’s Airlink 100 timetable will be revised to reintroduce night time journeys between the city centre and Edinburgh Airport, with increased frequency on day time services.

Night time services will operate as follows:

From Edinburgh Airport at 01:00, 01:30, 02:00, 02:30, 03:00, 03:30 and 04:00.
From city centre at 00:30, 01:00, 01:30, 02:00, 02:30, 03:00 and 03:30.
Day time services will see frequency increased with Airlink 100 operating every 20 minutes instead of every 30 minutes. View the revised timetable here for full details."

Link to Lothian Buses website's article below.

Link to timetable pdf below.

Last edited:

scosutsut

If I remember correctly the buses allocated to the 26 have most recently been the 17 plate B5TL/Gemini 3s, prior to that 09 plate B9TL/Gemini 2s and before that 04 plate Tridents.

I presume the last changeover was to get Euro 6 vehicles on the route as St Johns always sits high on the pollution high score table.

I can't see it being a priority this time around as there is no gain to the route (Enthusiasts general distain for Gemini 3 build quality aside!)

CN04NRJ

Established Member
My eyes might be deceiving me but it looked like 927 (and some of the late 301-350s) have the Euro 6 exhausts? Can anyone confirm... they were sticking straight out and looked new/fairly new (shiny).

OmniCity999

Established Member
My eyes might be deceiving me but it looked like 927 (and some of the late 301-350s) have the Euro 6 exhausts? Can anyone confirm... they were sticking straight out and looked new/fairly new (shiny).
Yeah a good number of the native B9's have had Euro 6 mods done.

Some will continue as testbeds within the fleet, before being withdrawn as the fleet replacement program accelerates.

A small scale internal audit into converting the entire B9 fleet to Euro 6 was conducted - the thought was that they would sell easier. But I believe the cost outweighed the positives.

Since the B9's have been for sale, the option of a Euro 6 conversion has been available at cost, though. As far as I know, nobody has taken up the offer - as most B9 sales have been through Ensign and they are also offering that at point of sale.