• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Lothian Group discussion (Lothian City, Lothian Country Bus and East Coast Buses)

CN04NRJ

Established Member
450 covering for 627
452 covering for 16

Looks like 450 ran as an extra 44 out to wallyford initially though.

Not many 7900s out today, 16 swapped for 450 and 19 swapped for 70.

Absolutely hectic day though, the busiest I've had on the 30 since before covid.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

FlybeDash8Q400

Established Member
Not many 7900s out today, 16 swapped for 450 and 19 swapped for 70.

Absolutely hectic day though, the busiest I've had on the 30 since before covid.
Yes, had many people in the station looking for ScotRail services. Most for North Berwick, ECB could’ve made a fortune today if X5 was running but alas probably not worth running it on Sundays only. 124 did look really busy. 29 and 30’s were another busy alternative.

cnjb8

Established Member
Volvo B9TL SN57GNJ has been reported as sold to Transdev Blazefield, for use at their Rosso division in Rochdale

Edirim

26s packed and at capacity as usual along with the 124s.
We ended up getting a 104 to Wallyford and walking down the road for a 26 where the driver was confused as to how we beat him there.
I'm surprised that Lothian didn't put any extras on like they have before and even in the other lock downs. It's great to see folk back using the bus though regardless.

Last edited by a moderator:

ScotRail158725

Established Member
338 has had its front window smashed after a fight on the upper deck this evening. Picture below.

Attachments

• 146096F8-67BA-4DB1-80E2-BAF57004E551.jpeg
    146096F8-67BA-4DB1-80E2-BAF57004E551.jpeg
    379.3 KB · Views: 130

ScotRail158725

Established Member
Vandalism?
As said in my first statement there was a fight on the bus where someone was thrown into the front window

Ensign in May:

From Lothian Buses : Volvo B9TL’s SN57GNO / GNP SN08BWJ / BWK / BWL / BWM / BWO / BWP / BWU / BWV / BWW / BWX / BWY / BWZ / BXA / BXB / BXC / BXD / BXE / BXF / BXG / BXH / BXJ / BXK / BXL / BXM.

Out:
SN57GNJ, Transdev

SN57GNF / GMV / GMY / GMZ : Wheelers Travel, Southampton.

SN08BWJ / BWK / BWL : Als Coaches, Liverpool.

SK07CBF / CBY / CCD / SN57DFC : Fords Coaches, Althorne

SN08BWO / BWP / BWU / BXE / BXF / BXK : Brylaine Travel, Boston, Lincs.

SN08BWM / BWV / BWW / BWX / BWZ / BXA / BXB : Stotts Travel, Oldham.

Volvo B7RLE’s SN57DCX / DDF : Ipswich Buses.

Last edited:

CN04NRJ

Established Member
Might be of interest to some (certainly to me!) that ex Lothian 524 V524ESC will be on hire to Cardiff Bus (from Reading) for the summer to operate a special open top service.

Graeme Duncan

This afternoon around 3pm I was travelling on a Lothian 11 on of the double axle buses 1113 heading for Ocean Terminal . When
going down Annandale Street at the corner of East London Street I stumbled across a massive green Alexander Bodied vehicle
with Lothian buses logo heading into Central Depot. The fleet number was 291.

OmniCity999

Established Member
This afternoon around 3pm I was travelling on a Lothian 11 on of the double axle buses 1113 heading for Ocean Terminal . When
going down Annandale Street at the corner of East London Street I stumbled across a massive green Alexander Bodied vehicle
Let me guess, you were buzzing with excitement?!

:oops:

Lothianbus703

new bus or just a green bus?

Bus9120UK

Established Member
Now these could be the E400 City Electrics, and if so Im looking forward to them!

RomeoCharlie71

Established Member
Was it one of the BYD Enviro400 City's that Lothian are expecting, perhaps?

Last edited by a moderator:

GusB

Established Member
Associate Staff
Buses & Coaches
Could we all please bear in mind that posts need to be readable by everyone and that not everyone understands internet shorthand? This isn't an instant messaging platform, nor does it have a 140 character limit as Twitter does; you are permitted to use proper sentences and forum rules require that:
  • All contributions should be readable and understandable. You should use the forum's default font and formatting, unless appropriate to aid clarity. Additionally you should make reasonable efforts to use correct spelling, punctuation and grammar in all your contributions.

I can be forgiving of the occasional typing error and I'm very conscious of the fact that some people have issues with the written word, but please let's not be lazy. The forum is open to the whole world and while your posts may make sense to people in your own local area, they may not make any sense to someone from further afield.

Diversions in Bathgate for the X18 clearly causing one driver confusion this morning as they ended up heading out on the A800/Balmuir Road instead of taking a left along Easton Road. Driver corrected by reversing into Jardine Place before heading back towards town and picking up the diversionary route!

Blindtraveler

Established Member
I wonder how long it will be until they get the new buses tracking properly on whatever system they are going to introduce? Certainly a bit disconcerting when Google maps says is that a bus is due in x minutes according to the timetable and then doesn't rock up for another quarter of an hour because they're all running hopelessly late

Edirim

I wonder how long it will be until they get the new buses tracking properly on whatever system they are going to introduce? Certainly a bit disconcerting when Google maps says is that a bus is due in x minutes according to the timetable and then doesn't rock up for another quarter of an hour because they're all running hopelessly late
They are tracking now on both the Lothian buses app and google maps.

Blindtraveler

Established Member
Oh that's good it wasn't last time I was out that way although I must admit I did notice several 25 tracking correctly yesterday but wasn't paying attention to what was operating them and just assumed it was older stock

What are they now using to do this? Sorry if it's either been mentioned before or not been mentioned because it's still not in the public domain

OmniCity999

Established Member
Oh that's good it wasn't last time I was out that way although I must admit I did notice several 25 tracking correctly yesterday but wasn't paying attention to what was operating them and just assumed it was older stock

What are they now using to do this? Sorry if it's either been mentioned before or not been mentioned because it's still not in the public domain
It's commercially sensitive I understand.

Im not here to discuss that, that is what I've been told.