• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Lots of EMT vacancies!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dynamonic

Just doing my daily browse of East Midlands Trains' careers page and saw this huge list.

Now, I have a funny feeling that this might be an error, as there are no job descriptions or links for any of them, and it doesn't follow their normal format. I'm very interested though in trying again for Depot Train Driver.

Here is the list:

Qualified Depot Driver - Derby and Nottingham

Trainee Depot Driver - Derby and Nottingham

15 x Fleet Engineer - Derby and Nottingham

A Grade Controller - Derby

Customer Information Systems Controller - Derby

Independent Support Controller - Derby

Soft Skills Trainer - Derby

Driver Manager - Nottingham

Customer Host - London St Pancras

Customer Service officer - Sheffield

Train Driver - Boston

Train Driver - Lincoln

Train Service Manager - Various

Senior Conductor - Various

What do you think?

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

anthony263

Established Member
Brilliant in fact I am going to be applying for a few of them.

Well I would if I could add text to the application form which I downloaded. Guess its a trip to my local library tommorow to print off a copy.

Last edited:

MuttleyBOT

Brilliant in fact I am going to be applying for a few of them.

Well I would if I could add text to the application form which I downloaded. Guess its a trip to my local library tommorow to print off a copy.

Someone had added the "internal vacancy list" last week and these were the jobs featured. It was promptly removed and now the list is back on but not in the normal format so my guess would be someone in HR or IT doesn't know what they should be doing and keeps making mistakes - but will be interesting to see how this pans out :)

Dynamonic

Someone had added the "internal vacancy list" last week and these were the jobs featured. It was promptly removed and now the list is back on but not in the normal format so my guess would be someone in HR or IT doesn't know what they should be doing and keeps making mistakes - but will be interesting to see how this pans out :)

Yeah, I remember seeing that internal list.

I'm going to keep an eye on the list for now and hold off applying just in case it's a mistake.

Last edited:
Yeah, I remember seeing that internal list.

I'm going to keep an eye on the list for now and hold off applying just in case it's a mistake.

My experiences of EMTs HR Dept haven't been great to say the least so it wouldn't surprise me if this was a mistake. You can not really advertise a position without a Job Description, how would you tailor your application to it?

I will also keep an eye on it.

Out of interest, has anyone applied for any of these community volunteer positions at some of EMTs local stations?

High Dyke

Established Member

Dynamonic

Woohoo! The job descriptions are up! That's me applying for Trainee Depot Driver and Senior Conductor then! :D

Last edited:

Johncleesefan

I'm guessing the train driver in lincoln and boston are qualified only? looks that way to me! :)

kdhurst380

Has anybody heard back about any of the advertised positions? I applied for CSO Sheffield a couple of weeks ago but haven't heard anything. A friend of mine applied for both Senior Conductor & CSO a few days before me and has heard about the Senior Conductor position and not the CSO. Thanks.

Urban Gateline

Established Member
Has anybody heard back about any of the advertised positions? I applied for CSO Sheffield a couple of weeks ago but haven't heard anything. A friend of mine applied for both Senior Conductor & CSO a few days before me and has heard about the Senior Conductor position and not the CSO. Thanks.

I applied for the Senior Conduction and Train Manager positions around that time too but not heard a thing...it did say on the site that if you don't get a reply within 14 days your application has been unsuccessful. :|

High Dyke

Established Member
I applied for the Senior Conduction and Train Manager positions around that time too but not heard a thing...it did say on the site that if you don't get a reply within 14 days your application has been unsuccessful. :|
I wouldn't necessarily read too much into that - though my apologies if you are unsuccesful....

I contacted them on Customer Relations matter...it took them nearly a month to acknowledge the e-mail...let alone actually take any note of the content.

Dynamonic

I had a telephone interview (well, more like an informal chat) on Monday regarding the Senior Conductor position, and was then told that I will be invited to an assessment centre that takes place either next Thursday or Friday, but am still waiting for the details via email or post confirming everything.

The lady I spoke to said that they had been overwhelmed by applicants, and were ringing up for people to expand on what was put on the application forms.

There was a lot of background noise in the phone call too, which sounded like some other telephone interviews were taking place. (Loud enough to distract me from the conversation I was having too, scarily enough. They must have a tiny office, lol)

I'm very excited as this is the first time I have got past any application form in the rail industry and would love to have the chance to shine in an industry I love!

I have not heard anything regarding my Depot Driver application with EMT, so I'm assuming I am unsuccessful on that application. (Or maybe they haven't had the time to look into them yet)

Because of the huge amount of applications they have had for a lot of advertised jobs, they are probably working through the vacancies one at a time. I would say it's possible some people might still yet hear something.

Good luck to everyone, I hope you hear something great real soon... and if not, just knock again! You will get there!

Last edited:

kdhurst380

Well there's some reassurance I suppose! I was in two minds whether to chase it or not, but it's catch 22. I didn't want to seem like I'd ignored the 'if you haven't heard within 14 days' bit on the recruitment site, but I also really want the role!

I'll sit tight for now.

Good luck everyone :)

BHXDMT

I had a telephone interview (well, more like an informal chat) on Monday regarding the Senior Conductor position, and was then told that I will be invited to an assessment centre that takes place either next Thursday or Friday, but am still waiting for the details via email or post confirming everything.

Ditto on the telephone 'interview' for Senior Conductor.

Had a call back today asking me to confirm a date for the Assessment Day next week, and I'm in for Thursday 24th as it's the only day I could get off from my current role.

Quite excited, and nervous, because it's group activities in the morning then interview (should you pass the morning) in the afternoon. I'd much rather psychometric testing to be honest! I think the last time I did group activities was for CrossCountry back in 2011.

Out of interest, is anyone familiar with the group activities EMT carry out for roles like this?

Good luck everyone.

Last edited:

Dynamonic

I've had the call back today too! Assessment on the 24th as well. :D Like you, picked that for work reasons, and I suppose it won't be looming over us for as long, lol.

I'd imagine there'll be more info about the exercises in the email/letter pack that we should receive very shortly (I hope it's soon, lol)

I'm nervously looking forward to the assessment day, as I've never done a railway one before! :)

Where are you hoping to be based if successful? I've chosen Nottingham. :)

Last edited:

BHXDMT

I've had the call back today too! Assessment on the 24th as well. :D

I'd imagine there'll be more info about the exercises in the email/letter pack that we should receive very shortly (I hope it's soon, lol)

I'm nervously looking forward to the assessment day, as I've never done a railway one before! :)

Where are you hoping to be based if successful? I've chosen Nottingham. :)

Ah, cool! I guess I shall be seeing you next Thursday then lol.

I'm hoping the email comes through quickly as well!

I put Derby and Nottingham as my preferences, purely as I can continue living where I am if I get Derby. Realistically though I said any of them, as I'm also not averse to relocating! (Although perhaps not Norwich, bit far that!)

:D

Last edited:

Dynamonic

Has anyone heard back about the Senior Conductor positions yet?

I've not heard anything at all since sitting the assessment on the 24th October.

Last edited:

BHXDMT

Has anyone heard back about the Senior Conductor positions yet?

I've not heard anything at all since sitting the assessment on the 24th October.

Ditto (hello again, by the way!).

One thing I've learnt is Railway HR takes time, so I'm not concerned yet, but I am tempted to chase them up!

Dynamonic

Hello again mate! :D

It's a relief to hear I'm not the only one who's not heard anything.

I've been holding off contacting them too, just waiting patiently now.

How did you feel your interview went? I walked in feeling quite confident, but left feeling like I'd been battered in the end! (Apprentice style)

Certainly the hardest interview I've ever attended in my life! I know I'll be well impressed with myself if I'm successful. lol

Last edited:

BHXDMT

Hello again mate! :D

It's a relief to hear I'm not the only one who's not heard anything.

I've been holding off contacting them too, just waiting patiently now.

How did you feel your interview went? I walked in feeling quite confident, but left feeling like I'd been battered in the end! (Apprentice style)

Certainly the hardest interview I've ever attended in my life! I know I'll be well impressed with myself if I'm successful. lol

I thought it went pretty well, but to be fair I have had plenty of practice at doing railway interviews now! Sometimes the ones you think weren't the best often turn out to be the ones you pass... ha!

We shall see what happens. Hoping it's soon.

LowLevel

Established Member
Were any of you guys successful for conductor out of interest?

BHXDMT

Were any of you guys successful for conductor out of interest?

I have no idea. I've called (no answer, left a message, no call back, left a message with a human being, no call back) and emailed those responsible and nothing, they're very hard to get in touch with!

After the interview they said expect to hear back ASAP... that was 6 weeks ago this week! :D

Last edited:

Dynamonic

Same here. I've heard nothing at all either. I have no idea whether I was successful or unsuccessful.
I'm in the process for Trainee Depot Driver too, waiting for my Stage 1 results, which are now a week overdue.
It seems as if they could be waiting until the new year now, so hopefully we'll still get some good news soon.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.