• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LU Night Tube Train Operator - Part Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Webby

I told them ii had a trip to florida planned for august and they said it shouldnt clash with training. Probably because i wont be training ha ha.

R9mmel

On ac2 does everyone get asked about booked holidays or is this a good sign ?

I think they ask everyone about booked holidays and notice period at the end of interview. They made a joke of it said it was admin duties

R9mmel

So now that the dust has settled for a few of us and we know the result of our interviews. My big question is simply this, Would you ever try T/op with TfL again?
(my answer would be no .. not unless I was an internal candidate)

choochoochoo

Established Member
So now that the dust has settled for a few of us and we know the result of our interviews. My big question is simply this, Would you ever try T/op with TfL again?
(my answer would be no .. not unless I was an internal candidate)

Why not ?

R9mmel

Why not ?

Just too much time spent practice then the long day at the assessment centre then having to go again for the interview then after all of that if you're unsuccessful an email. Yeah and i understand high volumes is the reason which is understandable plus I figure not only do TfL staff get feedback but they must be preferred over external candidates, not to mention their competencies would be way easier as they work in the environment already. Don't get me wrong I believe it's based on benchmarks but I still think it's tilted in favour of them.

Webby

Do you feel you struggled with the competency questions, i found a couple quite difficult as they were worded differently and had to think quickly,did you come out feeling you had done well?

Sg101

I done mine yesterday and definitely didn't come out feeling like I done well tbh .... the competency interview was ALOT harder than I thought it would be

Webby

Yeah me to the questions around my answers were very probing ,i think if u made up answers u could get caught out.

choochoochoo

Established Member
Just too much time spent practice then the long day at the assessment centre then having to go again for the interview then after all of that if you're unsuccessful an email. Yeah and i understand high volumes is the reason which is understandable plus I figure not only do TfL staff get feedback but they must be preferred over external candidates, not to mention their competencies would be way easier as they work in the environment already. Don't get me wrong I believe it's based on benchmarks but I still think it's tilted in favour of them.

Sounds about par for any train driver position.

Trust me you're better off having to come back for the interview on another day rather than having it on the same day as the tests.

Done both processes. When I did the interview on the same day I was unsuccessful. When I did it on a different day I passed.

Internals are always going to have an edge on the competencies, but still need to give evidence of them in their interview.

slidingdoors

There seems to be literally no rhyme or reason to the way they are going through applications. But if you get 5000+, where do you even start?

There must be some logic to it. As if anyone who's done AC2 is about to get an offer then that's one place gone, and one place less for anyone who hasn't even been offered AC1 yet to fight for.

You have to assume the people seen already have more appropriate CVs, work history etc. Agreed it must be a nightmare to go through them, presumably they use some kind of software algorithm etc.

Jetlagged

I would feel totally gutted to receive one of those rejection emails, but still sitting waiting all this time after my SJT, I guess I'll never know for sure how it feels now!

On a totally selfish note, whilst I feel sorry for all those receiving their rejections, at least it opens up another possibility of a position opening up for someone else. Me... me... me!!!

Tron81

I would feel totally gutted to receive one of those rejection emails, but still sitting waiting all this time after my SJT, I guess I'll never know for sure how it feels now!

On a totally selfish note, whilst I feel sorry for all those receiving their rejections, at least it opens up another possibility of a position opening up for someone else. Me... me... me!!!

Lol... no comment.. wishing everyone luck regardless

Cadeby

Hey guys, when doing the Ac1 tests do you get the use of a calculator during the tests?

I have not done AC1, but can't see any reason why you would need a calculator to look for shapes, read passages, or find faults.

Tron81

There seems to be literally no rhyme or reason to the way they are going through applications. But if you get 5000+, where do you even start?

You start from the beginning. .. been waiting from the 25th of march for the outcome of the SJT.

Toastmondays

Let us know if u hear anything. How do you think it went?

I honestly am not sure. Once again, like AC1, there were no surprises so preparation went well and helped me out a lot.

I have had tougher face to face interviews but that one was by no means easy.

Fingers crossed for everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.