• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LU Night Tube Train Operator - Part Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

R9mmel

just wondering what all you guys experience is in?
(Me personally I'm 20 with just over 6 months work experience in my life)

iParkerP

Hi I've been a long time silent observer of this forum.
First time I've actually posted.

I know it's all about patience, but seeing people awaiting results from their AC1s and AC2s whilst you haven't even received feedback from your SJT feels more disheartening than a straight no.

I was beginning to think my application fell through the cracks until I read there are a few people in the same boat as me. Here's hoping everyone recieves the news they are looking for.

Webby

For all the people rejected after ac2, do you thonk u can identify a reason or do you all think you did pretty well?

PudseyBearHST

Hi I've been a long time silent observer of this forum.
First time I've actually posted.

I know it's all about patience, but seeing people awaiting results from their AC1s and AC2s whilst you haven't even received feedback from your SJT feels more disheartening than a straight no.

I was beginning to think my application fell through the cracks until I read there are a few people in the same boat as me. Here's hoping everyone recieves the news they are looking for.

Yes same! I'm worried though by the time they even reach our applications, they would have already found enough suitable applicants :( Sorry if its already been mentioned, but do you think it has anything to do with the SJT result?

Cadeby

Yes same! I'm worried though by the time they even reach our applications, they would have already found enough suitable applicants :( Sorry if its already been mentioned, but do you think it has anything to do with the SJT result?

I think it must be the SJT. A computer can sift through those without any human interaction.

slidingdoors

I'm not so sure. It was very straight forward the SJT. Plus any 'fails' on that surely it would better for them to formerly rule those people out rather than keep all these applications going (and associated chasing calls and emails etc)

For all the people rejected after ac2, do you thonk u can identify a reason or do you all think you did pretty well?

I didn't think I did very well but interviews have always been my weak point. I did a lot of preparation and I had good answers to various possible questions. I also failed at the same point last year and it's very difficult to improve when feedback is not given. I felt I did a lot better the second time around, but obviously it still wasn't good enough. The only thing I can do for next time is improve everything I suppose lol :lol:

Webby

I didn't think I did very well but interviews have always been my weak point. I did a lot of preparation and I had good answers to various possible questions. I also failed at the same point last year and it's very difficult to improve when feedback is not given. I felt I did a lot better the second time around, but obviously it still wasn't good enough. The only thing I can do for next time is improve everything I suppose lol :lol:
If you dont mind me asking , what is your background?

choochoochoo

Established Member
I think it must be the SJT. A computer can sift through those without any human interaction.

i do wonder about the selection procedure.

maybe it was the fact my CV didn't upload and I only noticed that after submission.

Or maybe the lack of a cover letter.

I can't imagine i did that badly in SJT seeing as I passed similar with another TOC. If it was that, then I do wonder how reliable SJTs are ? Is driving a tube THAT different to a metro train above the ground (even taking into account the automation) ?

Judging by how many assessment days they've had, surely they've now tested enough to fill the quota needed ?

Cadeby

It's all guessing at the moment. I may be completely off the mark here but I am thinking us guys who haven't heard anything will get an email at the end of the campaign all at the same time to say we were unsuccessful. The reason I have come to this conclusion so far is that on this forum we represent a small proportion that have applied but we are representative, yet I have not seen any messages saying on this campaign I have waited 3 weeks and just got a message to say I'm through to AC1, and I have not seen a single message saying I've got my rejection email that I was unsuccessful at application stage. If anyone has yet been rejected surely there should be at least one message saying they have had it confirmed their application has not met the benchmark.

Webby

It's all guessing at the moment. I may be completely off the mark here but I am thinking us guys who haven't heard anything will get an email at the end of the campaign all at the same time to say we were unsuccessful. The reason I have come to this conclusion so far is that on this forum we represent a small proportion that have applied but we are representative, yet I have not seen any messages saying on this campaign I have waited 3 weeks and just got a message to say I'm through to AC1, and I have not seen a single message saying I've got my rejection email that I was unsuccessful at application stage. If anyone has yet been rejected surely there should be at least one message saying they have had it confirmed their application has not met the benchmark.

Im wondering how representative we are as there have been no successful Ac2 results posted on here yet.

InspectorSands

maybe it was the fact my CV didn't upload and I only noticed that after submission.

I can't imagine i did that badly in SJT seeing as I passed similar with another TOC . . .

Judging by how many assessment days they've had, surely they've now tested enough to fill the quota needed ?

I took the SJT on the day before the closing date; I've received no response other than automatic confirmation by e-mail that the test results had been recorded and that HR would be "in touch".

The Candidate Charter provided after the initial application states: "We will email you to let you know the outcome of your application within 2 weeks of each stage you successfully complete. If you have not heard from us please contact us on the details below . . .

TfL – High Volume Recruitment Team
Tel: 0333 00 629 39
Email: [email protected]"

Concerning documents applicants supply at the time of application, time was short and I selected that I did not wish to upload a CV preferring instead to populate the fields of the application myself. Having selected this option the following page appeared to require me to upload either a CV or another document at least. I phoned HR for guidance and was told that I could fulfill the document requirement and proceed to the next stage by uploading a blank document since CVs were not considered for the vacancy - the psychometrics were the first requirement. In case anyone did read it, the document I uploaded included an account of what I had be told by HR.

Normally corporations seek to interview three times the number of applicants for the number of posts available.

Sg101

Who did you have in your AC2?

Me and one other person was booked in for 10:30 ,
We had to do the competency interview 1st , which was just me in a room being asked questions by two different people ,
We then had a short break and had to do our RCVE test.

Webby

Me and one other person was booked in for 10:30 ,
We had to do the competency interview 1st , which was just me in a room being asked questions by two different people ,
We then had a short break and had to do our RCVE test.

How do you think it went?

chooochoooo

I can't imagine i did that badly in SJT seeing as I passed similar with another TOC. If it was that, then I do wonder how reliable SJTs are ? Is driving a tube THAT different to a metro train above the ground (even taking into account the automation) ?

U didnt upload a cv nor a cover letter? I think that might why u havent heard a response. What have they got to by when looking thorugh your application? I hope im wrong though..thats bad luck your cv didnt upload

choochoochoo

Established Member
U didnt upload a cv nor a cover letter? I think that might why u havent heard a response. What have they got to by when looking thorugh your application? I hope im wrong though..thats bad luck your cv didnt upload

The advert didn't specify to apply with a cover letter, just compete the appropriate application form. My thinking was that as a driver you're supposed to follow instructions. Maybe I should have been thinking with my customer services hat on, and given more than they expected !

Also there's nothing in my CV that wasn't also provided in the application.

If failure to attach satisfactory documents was a criteria for rejection, then why not notify me at that point rather than send me a SJT to do.

slidingdoors

The advert didn't specify to apply with a cover letter, just compete the appropriate application form. My thinking was that as a driver you're supposed to follow instructions. Maybe I should have been thinking with my customer services hat on, and given more than they expected !

Also there's nothing in my CV that wasn't also provided in the application.

If failure to attach satisfactory documents was a criteria for rejection, then why not notify me at that point rather than send me a SJT to do.

I uploaded CV, completed application and also a medium length cover letter. Have heard nothing since SJT on 2nd April. So I don't think you did anything wrong to be fair or that's a reason for the lack of response.

Webby

Not very well tbh ... then again I didn't think I done well on my AC1 either.
What about u ??

Dont think it went too bad, but the fault finding question was worded differently to what i expected so i had to think of an example there and then .

Status
Not open for further replies.