• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LU Night Tube Train Operator - Part Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

beast

Medical passed today!!

Well done! My medical is next week. Quick question, do they send an email with the details for medical? As I'm yet to receive something or anything. All I have is a date but no further details.

Webby

Well done! My medical is next week. Quick question, do they send an email with the details for medical? As I'm yet to receive something or anything. All I have is a date but no further details.
yes mate i got an email about a week before along with an email confirming start date.

Hi, at the ac2 what general questions do they ask?, do they ask why u want the job?, hobbies, what u know about tfl? etc. I know u don't get marked on these but don't wanna be stuck not knowing what to say. Thanks for any advice.

tubespark

Be ready to give a potted work history, explain why you want the job and what you think the job entails. Then it's straight into the competency questions. The whole interview only lasts about 15 minutes and the interviewers do their best to put you at ease.

This is just my personal experience and I'm not sure whether there is a pool of ice breaker questions that can be chosen from...

beast

Be ready to give a potted work history, explain why you want the job and what you think the job entails. Then it's straight into the competency questions. The whole interview only lasts about 15 minutes and the interviewers do their best to put you at ease.

This is just my personal experience and I'm not sure whether there is a pool of ice breaker questions that can be chosen from...

Spot on! That's exactly my experience too. And yes... they sure do make u feel comfortable. I really can't wait to start working for them. Bunch of nice and kind people!

philthetube

Established Member
The reason for the differing training lengths is that longer is needed for the Piccadilly line as it is manually driver. Also training may de delayed at any stage because of a shortage of trainers or because a candidate needs extra time at some stage.

GBBoy

The reason for the differing training lengths is that longer is needed for the Piccadilly line as it is manually driver. Also training may de delayed at any stage because of a shortage of trainers or because a candidate needs extra time at some stage.

So when do you find out what line you've got, and can you swap with others on the course?

GBBoy

In the first week and you can swap yes.

Thanks for your help! If you don't mind one more question.... :)

What do you think the likelihood is of NT drivers being able to go Full Time at some point (just ever, not necessarily in a specific time frame).

Many thanks!

beast

Thanks for your help! If you don't mind one more question.... :)

What do you think the likelihood is of NT drivers being able to go Full Time at some point (just ever, not necessarily in a specific time frame).

Many thanks!

Of course there's opportunities. Why else do you think TFL have gone on a mad one recruiting NT drivers? Because all the existing NT drivers have either moved on to full time or other posts within TFL.

As for a time frame? Patience

GBBoy

Of course there's opportunities. Why else do you think TFL have gone on a mad one recruiting NT drivers? Because all the existing NT drivers have either moved on to full time or other posts within TFL.

As for a time frame? Patience

Well yeah, that's what I assume, but would be nice to get the opinion of someone 'in the know' :P

MrT

Sat my AC1 on Saturday, there were also AC2 assessments happening the same day. Fingers crossed.

Walsh87

Did my AC2 on Friday 12th May and not heard anything as yet. Anyone who sat on same day heard anything?

Aivilo

Friend recieved a confirmation call on Monday staying they had passed the application and online assessment. They've received an email today inviting them for an interview.
I've been through the thread and assessments seem to come first.
Anyone else experience this?

tubespark

It is slightly misleading in the way that TfL writes the subject of emails.

The invitation to AC1 has the subject "Action Required - Invite to Interview for Train Operator", even though there is no face-to-face interview at this stage.

It's only once you've booked a slot that the exact format of the "interview" is explained, and you are provided with some relevant practice material.

Last edited:

Aivilo

Excellent. That's was my thinking but being on the railway didn't want to assume. I'll let him know

Matta

Hi all first time poster here. I did the AC2 on the 18/05 and have not heard a peep since. I'm not expecting to hear anything until Tuesday earliest now due to the bank holiday. Is there anybody on this thread that sat the same day that has heard yet? I'm getting more anxious by the day now I really want this job!

Walsh87

Spoke to TFL recruitment today and they explained there's been a delay with results so to wait a few more days. I had my AC2 on 12/05/17

ibrahim9140

I think they might have only got few vacancy left now so they will choose the top scorer.. my thoughts..

What do you guys think?

I had my Ac1 on the 12th May, rang them today they said had been a delay, then received a email couple hrs later saying unsuccessful. I wondered if all post have been filled, I thought I'd passed the test all examples were right and found it easy, but there's no way of knowing. Good luck to those still waiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.