• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LU Night Tube Train Operator - Part Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

SheikG

Hello all,

I've just recieved an email asking me to 'book an interview' slot. However, this is the first correspondence I've had from TfL after completing the initial SJT after the aplication.

I was expecting to have to sit some tests before interview, however I have passed all psychometric tests for a mainline driver position recently. I'm wondering if I go straight into interview with TfL as an operator in the same way I would with a mainline operator? I'm just a bit unsure as the email clearly says interview but I was expecting some tests.

If anyone could clarify I'd be much obliged.

Thank you

Lrd

Established Member
Hello all,

I've just recieved an email asking me to 'book an interview' slot. However, this is the first correspondence I've had from TfL after completing the initial SJT after the aplication.

I was expecting to have to sit some tests before interview, however I have passed all psychometric tests for a mainline driver position recently. I'm wondering if I go straight into interview with TfL as an operator in the same way I would with a mainline operator? I'm just a bit unsure as the email clearly says interview but I was expecting some tests.

If anyone could clarify I'd be much obliged.

Thank you
It will be an assessment centre (AC1) where you will do a few tests and if successful go on to interview at a later date. You will still need to sit these tests as LU don't recognise test scores from other operators.

SheikG

It will be an assessment centre (AC1) where you will do a few tests and if successful go on to interview at a later date. You will still need to sit these tests as LU don't recognise test scores from other operators.

Thank you for confirming before I got all excited! I did expect as much tbh, just thrown off with the invite 'to book interview'.

Walsh87

Got the call today to offer me the role! I'm so happy I can't even put it into words! Thank you so much to everyone for all the advice and guidance it really does help! Any questions please don't hesitate to ask either on here or privately :D

ibrahim9140

Got the call today to offer me the role! I'm so happy I can't even put it into words! Thank you so much to everyone for all the advice and guidance it really does help! Any questions please don't hesitate to ask either on here or privately :D

Congrats mate..
When did you have your Ac2?

chris11256

Just had an email inviting my to the AC1. Had the choice of three venues although the only date available is the 16th June, when I'm on holiday!

Elias

Anyone who has gone through the AC2 or successfully passed it have any tips or insight into the interview itself? Did the interviews provide any extra feedback. How many candidates attended on the day of AC2? Thanks

beast

As mentioned before I've been offered the job.

Another update.. Passed my medical and drugs & alcohol. I also passed screening and CRB checks. My next step is contract signing which is a week before I start in August :)

Super super excited!!

Good luck to those who are still waiting. Don't give up hope!!

Jetlagged

Well done. Very happy for you.

Tron81

Congrats to all those still getting good news, I'm still here waiting since the 25th* of march to see if I made it past SJT...seeing as the invites are going out, the pool of the unknown might soon be the pool of the condemned ����

coffee man

Congratulations beast!

Can I just ask you, with regards to references check, how far back do they look into your employment - is it true it is last 5-10years?

Thanks

Jimbo12345

Received the call earlier offering me the role...I'm in shock tbh but can't take the grin off my face! Good luck to everyone still waiting and hopefully see some of you on a training course soon!

Newp

Sat AC2 on 24/5 received email today I was unsuccessful... Best of luck to the rest
Any point of applying for similar role at Tfl if I've already been unsuccessful at this stage?

And well done jimbo and the rest who passed :)

beast

Congratulations beast!

Can I just ask you, with regards to references check, how far back do they look into your employment - is it true it is last 5-10years?

Thanks

Thanks!

And its only 3yrs references buddy!

beast

Sat AC2 on 24/5 received email today I was unsuccessful... Best of luck to the rest
Any point of applying for similar role at Tfl if I've already been unsuccessful at this stage?

And well done jimbo and the rest who passed :)

There's a trainee train operator vacancy open at MTR Crossrail with salary starting at 25k first 12months and after completing 1yr it shoots up to... 57k!!
I know its not TfL but hey it's still getting into railway right?
Their training won't commence until 2018 however.

Lrd

Established Member
There's a trainee train operator vacancy open at MTR Crossrail with salary starting at 25k first 12months and after completing 1yr it shoots up to... 57k!!
I know its not TfL but hey it's still getting into railway right?
Their training won't commence until 2018 however.
But Crossrail is part of TfL...

Status
Not open for further replies.