• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LU Night Tube Train Operator - Part Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adamski

None of the tests are meant to be completed. They are designed so that only the exceptional finish. They are looking for competent not exceptional.

That's good news as my brain is struggling with the reading part of it. I'll concentrate on getting what I answer correct then and hopefully that will be enough.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Jambo86

Quick FYI, there's now 27 training on the Picc. I'm gonna make an assumption and say that these people passed their AC2 a month or 2 ago and have been waiting patiently for a course date which has now finally rolled around. For you guys doing AC1/AC2 at the moment I wouldn't be surprised to see your training start in early 2018 by the time all's said and done.

Jetlagged

Quick FYI, there's now 27 training on the Picc. I'm gonna make an assumption and say that these people passed their AC2 a month or 2 ago and have been waiting patiently for a course date which has now finally rolled around. For you guys doing AC1/AC2 at the moment I wouldn't be surprised to see your training start in early 2018 by the time all's said and done.

Thanks Jambo. That's great news. Things seemed to be moving more slowly than that, so I booked my holiday for the end of February to get it out of the way and leave the rest of the year clear! I hope I haven't mucked it up for myself. AC1 on Nov 8th.

Elias

Been lurking on this forum for a while now, maybe helpful or not but whilst I was having my references and background checks back in august, I was told there weren't any slots for training/medicals and I was looking at the new year possibly for slots. However, I rang back every week or so to check on my progress with regards to checks and kept enquiring about dates, eventually a date was given for November. (Some TFL employees had told me some people cancel/drop out or can't make certain dates, so spaces I guess can become available.) It's worth a try every now and again chasing it up.

Halfway Boy

Not quite... there was 5 months between my AC2 date and my training start date, and pretty much every other external on my course is a similar time frame for the whole process - it wasn't quick, but then no one on my course was in any sort of pool either so I suppose it could've been a lot longer for us if there are people are still waiting for their AC1/AC2's!

M Naveed

Dear members,
I have recently been invited to attend AC1 on 23rd of October, (due in a week time). I have been practising the material sent by TFL via email, but in this forum I have seen members who are discussing about the software for the practise. May I request you to kindly post the link for that software, since I have clicked on the links already posted on forum but when I click on them it comes up as ''404 Not Found''. Is there any updated link or tool for this?
Thanks in advance.

Jetlagged

Dear members,
I have recently been invited to attend AC1 on 23rd of October, (due in a week time). I have been practising the material sent by TFL via email, but in this forum I have seen members who are discussing about the software for the practise. May I request you to kindly post the link for that software, since I have clicked on the links already posted on forum but when I click on them it comes up as ''404 Not Found''. Is there any updated link or tool for this?
Thanks in advance.

Hi and welcome to the forum. Try this link which should give you the download for Windows.

Best of luck!

cjunited

Been lurking on this forum for a while now, maybe helpful or not but whilst I was having my references and background checks back in august, I was told there weren't any slots for training/medicals and I was looking at the new year possibly for slots. However, I rang back every week or so to check on my progress with regards to checks and kept enquiring about dates, eventually a date was given for November. (Some TFL employees had told me some people cancel/drop out or can't make certain dates, so spaces I guess can become available.) It's worth a try every now and again chasing it up.

Hi Elias, yeah I've been waiting since since end of July when i was told me background check and references had all been completed, i have rang back a couple of times since to see whats the time frame, all i get is they are planning training dates for the start of 2018 and once they know the dates they will let me know, by the sounds of it its probably best i ring them up more frequent and hope for people dropping out. Cheers

DARK CHOC

Hi Guys...i had my AC2 last week...how long till you find out the results...i have not slept all weekend.....Hope it AC1s go well.....talk about spped and time pressure

M Naveed

Hi Guys...i had my AC2 last week...how long till you find out the results...i have not slept all weekend.....Hope it AC1s go well.....talk about spped and time pressure
Hi DARK CHOC wish you good luck for your AC2. I need some answers if you could please:
1. My AC1 is on coming Monday 23rd of October, Can you please tell if the concentration tests are held on papers or computers?
2. What particular tips are for the concentration tests?
3. After one has passed AC1 then what exactly happens in AC2, what sort of competency questions can be asked e.g.? and what else happens from competency questions and interview?
I understand my questions may have already been raised and discussed in forum but its kind of hard to get some straight forward advice based on one's personal experience, so I am sure your reply could be really helpful for me and many more like me who have yet got to go throug all this process.
Many thanks in advance for help DARK CHOC. Again wish you best of luck for your remaining process

DARK CHOC

1. Papers
2. Don't overload your head just go in an do what it asks..not complicated..b quick and accurate..so jus go as quick as ur brain can handle
3.just listen to a message..tame notes and reread ur notes into a dictaphone..the interview where the questions can b random but questions like..give a scenario you helped with a customer's needs
Not complicated questions..simple and clear..i have not passed so i dont know how valid my advice is

DARK CHOC

You will b ok M Naveed ...dont over think it...jus go in an they will explain wat 2 do .u will get examples and u do the test..nothing u can revise 4 really...

M Naveed

Thanks a lot DARK CHOC. I appreciate your quick reply. The encouragement would certainly help.
Till now I was thinking that test is going to be on computer & there won’t be double checking if I tick wrong symbol.
Thanks for your advice regarding AC2.
Sorry to know that you couldn’t get through though I am sure you tried well.
Thanks

Jambo86

I had my AC2 on a Friday and then received the good news on the Tuesday a few days later. They tend to call from a private number so stay tuned.

DARK CHOC

I had my AC2 on a Friday and then received the good news on the Tuesday a few days later. They tend to call from a private number so stay tuned.
So if you did not hear by like Thursday is that a sign of bad news then, But they did say up to 10 days...but would it be an issue if i ring up or do i jus wait 4 the 10 day expiry?

Lrd

Established Member
So if you did not hear by like Thursday is that a sign of bad news then, But they did say up to 10 days...but would it be an issue if i ring up or do i jus wait 4 the 10 day expiry?
Just wait 10 working days (so sat and sun don't count) like they told you to.

DARK CHOC

Was actually being genuine, the reference to 'Sir ' was appreciation of u beung a member since 2010.so I'm going to listen to any advice u may have 2 give

beast

Had my ac1 in May on a Friday. Found out result 3 days later on a Monday.
Attended ac2 two weeks later. Got results 10 days later.
Got a training date for August. Reason being I delayed it due to personal commitment.
Currently close to my road test. Yikes!!

For all those who are waiting, FYI they're in need of NT drivers. As mentioned by some members on here, current NT driver are going full time due to full timers either leaving (retirement etc) or promoted and so on and so forth.

I know a lot have been waiting such a long time compared to me but always count yourself lucky as there are thousands out there who would do anything to be in hour shoes right now.

Jetlagged

Thanks for the update Beast. That's very reassuring for those of us still waiting. I'm 20 days away from my AC1.

Don't forget to let us know how the road test goes. Good luck!

DARK CHOC

Had my ac1 in May on a Friday. Found out result 3 days later on a Monday.
Attended ac2 two weeks later. Got results 10 days later.
Got a training date for August. Reason being I delayed it due to personal commitment.
Currently close to my road test. Yikes!!

For all those who are waiting, FYI they're in need of NT drivers. As mentioned by some members on here, current NT driver are going full time due to full timers either leaving (retirement etc) or promoted and so on and so forth.

I know a lot have been waiting such a long time compared to me but always count yourself lucky as there are thousands out there who would do anything to be in hour shoes right now.
For the AC2 test...did they call you or email you results?

Adamski

Hi all.

My AC1 is fast approaching, do you get to practice examples before the actual tests? And do they tell you if you've passed or failed on the day?

Many thanks.

Adam

DARK CHOC

Hi all.

My AC1 is fast approaching, do you get to practice examples before the actual tests? And do they tell you if you've passed or failed on the day?

Many thanks.

Adam
They don't tell u on the day ..you will get an email inviting you to book your AC2..maybe a few days later

Status
Not open for further replies.