• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LU Night Tube Train Operator - Part Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forest01

Any advice? I've got mine in a few hours. Really nervous! lol

Results focus / Fault finding parts I'm finding tricky
Use ur notes for help but do not read of them. Have atleast two answers to each question ready as it makes it easier to choose the appropriate answer to the question asked.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

peculiarfish0

Did they ask questions like,
whats your greatest weakness?
tell me a time you were unsuccessful?
any of those sorts of awkward ones lol

peanloma

It's been a long wait, but I've also had the good news of a training start date for 1st December (a Friday, which seems unusual). Just the medical to pass now (I can feel my blood pressure rising with the thought ;)
I hope to see some of you there, and meet those still waiting in the near future.
Good Luck all...

choochoochoo

Established Member
I'll always say do your tests in something you're comfortable wearing. After all you won't be driving in smart attire.

For interviews, then dress up smart.

If tests and interviews are both on the same day, then you're stuffed !! Smart it is !!

peculiarfish0

Oooo so glad that's over!
For anyone else doing their AC2 soon my opinion is as follows:

The interview wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. quite straightforward.
Standard tell us about yourself question.
Competency ones, definitely have two answer options for each of the four subjects.
Pick the one that fits their question the best. (mould it to the specifics of the question if you can)

Practise the rVce if possible, it is a little tricky to get all the relevant info down in the time you have, it's a fair bit of information.
Also when converting your notes into what you're going to say, use shorthand or bullet points as the 5 mins goes really quick!
(I didn't quite finish and had to wing it at the end from my notes)
Speak kinda slowly, (and clearly) so you don't mess up lol

Now the dreaded wait begins!! argh!

Edit - DARK CHOC
Thanks for asking, I think it went quite well, couple of bits could have been smoother but overall I'd be happy with it if it was a normal interview, Obviously though for this one the competition is really tough! so we will see!

Last edited:

Jetlagged

It's been a long wait, but I've also had the good news of a training start date for 1st December (a Friday, which seems unusual). Just the medical to pass now (I can feel my blood pressure rising with the thought ;)
I hope to see some of you there, and meet those still waiting in the near future.
Good Luck all...

Congratulations. Have fun with the training.

Jetlagged

Oooo so glad that's over!
For anyone else doing their AC2 soon my opinion is as follows:

The interview wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. quite straightforward.
Standard tell us about yourself question.
Competency ones, definitely have two answer options for each of the four subjects.
Pick the one that fits their question the best. (mould it to the specifics of the question if you can)

Practise the rVce if possible, it is a little tricky to get all the relevant info down in the time you have, it's a fair bit of information.
Also when converting your notes into what you're going to say, use shorthand or bullet points as the 5 mins goes really quick!
(I didn't quite finish and had to wing it at the end from my notes)
Speak kinda slowly, (and clearly) so you don't mess up lol

Now the dreaded wait begins!! argh!

Edit - DARK CHOC
Thanks for asking, I think it went quite well, couple of bits could have been smoother but overall I'd be happy with it if it was a normal interview, Obviously though for this one the competition is really tough! so we will see!

Thanks for the heads up. Now for the longest 10 days of your life! :smile:

DARK CHOC

O I thought it was a call either way...i have seen emails in my spam but did not read...let me check..thanks...as i thought they wouldn't go past the 10 days

Jetlagged

O I thought it was a call either way...i have seen emails in my spam but did not read...let me check..thanks...as i thought they wouldn't go past the 10 days

I understood that if you missed the call then they dropped an email. Could be wrong though.

M Naveed

How did it go
Hi, AC1 I cant say it was superb but it did go well. Concentration tests were relatively easy as compared to understanding information and error identification tests. Well its all about speed and accuracey I would say.
What surprised me was that everybody in hall did around 21 to 25 in understanding information tests out of 39 question, but one fella sitting on my right well left his pencil 5 minute before the test finish time and shut his book. Robotic I would say

DARK CHOC

Hi, AC1 I cant say it was superb but it did go well. Concentration tests were relatively easy as compared to understanding information and error identification tests. Well its all about speed and accuracey I would say.
What surprised me was that everybody in hall did around 21 to 25 in understanding information tests out of 39 question, but one fella sitting on my right well left his pencil 5 minute before the test finish time and shut his book. Robotic I would say
Lol did he complete it or he couldn't hack it anymore...2 finish it u have to b really technical

M Naveed

Lol did he complete it or he couldn't hack it anymore...2 finish it u have to b really technical
I am sure he completed it, because even the exmples for that test he hardly took 10 seconds for all 4 of them. I hope his book wasnt left marked with correct answers. lol

DARK CHOC

I am sure he completed it, because even the exmples for that test he hardly took 10 seconds for all 4 of them. I hope his book wasnt left marked with correct answers. lol
Lol some people jus got it like that....well it's not a about who finishes it all....there is a benchmark so as long u felt comfortable and understood the concept of speed nd accuracy then u should b good....1 guy in my test done the same thing and i was like how is he doing that ..but i aint seen him again...( not 2 say he my have another date for his ac2).. but hope all goes well

M Naveed

Dear all, after doing the AC1, how long do they roughly take to send results? Is it two weeks or could be like 2/3 days? because some of the forum members said they got it quite quickly

DARK CHOC

Dear all, after doing the AC1, how long do they roughly take to send results? Is it two weeks or could be like 2/3 days? because some of the forum members said they got it quite quickly
I done mine a few weeks ago and they got bk 2 me 2days later

M Naveed

Lol some people jus got it like that....well it's not a about who finishes it all....there is a benchmark so as long u felt comfortable and understood the concept of speed nd accuracy then u should b good....1 guy in my test done the same thing and i was like how is he doing that ..but i aint seen him again...( not 2 say he my have another date for his ac2).. but hope all goes well
Yeah its right, he may have been either super good or a complete faiure. Well lets hope he was good.

DARK CHOC

They don't even send results..just got an email asking to book my AC2

Status
Not open for further replies.