• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LU Night Tube Train Operator - Part Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

philthetube

Established Member
I'd rather go for GTR or chiltern. But no harm in LU application. Much nicer being above ground. Less damage to my lungs.

Don't think you have to worry about your lungs mate, from experience have not noticed drivers suffering breathing difficulties.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bluegoblin7

Established Member
Don't be so sure. An increasing number of drivers are wearing heavy duty facemasks due to both the general increasing pollution levels in London and the *filthy* conditions that some tunnels are in. I wouldn't want to be breathing all that tunnel dust etc. in all day every day if I can avoid it...

Tron81

Hello all - First post. Great forum! I too have applied for this and not heard anything back since the online situational judgment test. I take heart from the earlier poster that said last time around people were receiving assessment invites despite applying after he did etc. That said, if some people have already completed AC2 it can't be a good sign for those of us that have heard nothing at all..? The advert closes this Monday right? so I imagine we'll hear either way in the next few weeks maybe..

My background is pretty much all IT with a bit of retail ages ago. So this may be counting against me / not what they're looking for. I did my best to write what I believe was a convincing cover letter highlighting customer service in my positions etc. And also tried to leverage other things I thought would help. The situational judgement test I found to be just common sense and as long as you had a bias towards safety (or customer service if not a safety related question) I think it would be hard to fail and the correct answer was clear. But I could be wrong of course!

I was just curious if anyone else who has heard back (and those who haven't heard too actually) wanted to share their backgrounds? I was thinking maybe people who had worked in emergency services or perhaps bus drivers etc would get approached first. Particularly if as has been suggested there are 1000s of applications. I guess they need to discard a high number somehow.

Anyway good luck to all those still waiting to hear, as well as those who have already done the assessments waiting for news. One thing I've learned from reading the many threads on here is that it can be a slow process in this industry!

Ive heard nothing and I did the SJT on the 25th. I'm an ex bus driver now a bus engineer and dabbled in bus CCTV. But yes the test did seem straight forward.

Well let's see how it goes. Best of luck to everyone.

currently a bus driver, i have done the online test and been asked about how much notice i would need to give, but no invite to any test yet .unless they have told you otherwise, your still in the game.

choochoochoo

Established Member
Don't be so sure. An increasing number of drivers are wearing heavy duty facemasks due to both the general increasing pollution levels in London and the *filthy* conditions that some tunnels are in. I wouldn't want to be breathing all that tunnel dust etc. in all day every day if I can avoid it...

I certainly would be taking similar precautions if I were down those tunnels. Even as a passenger I am shocked at the contents of my tissue after I blow my nose following a ride on the tube !!

Bromley boy

Established Member

Given how poor air quality is at street level these days from diesel fumes, I wonder if tube drivers are actually better off than bus drivers, from a lung health perspective.

Last edited:

bluegoblin7

Established Member
I certainly would be taking similar precautions if I were down those tunnels. Even as a passenger I am shocked at the contents of my tissue after I blow my nose following a ride on the tube !!

The same is true even just with stations. The amount of grime that used to come out of my hair on a daily basis...! :?

Jack1

Any advice for the interview. ? What will be expected of me ? I.e. Tasks. And what do I need to bring ?

chris11256

Hey have you heard anything back ? Had my AC 2 on Tuesday last week funny enough

Generally speaking you'll get a phone call from an unknown or withheld number if successful, and a rather generic email if unsuccessful.

From my last attempt, it took them two weeks to send my unsuccessful email. However successful people were contacted within a day or two.

Lrd

Established Member
Don't forget today is still Easter and they would have been off on Friday as well. You won't hear anything until at least tomorrow.

R9mmel

Heard nothing yet, I don't think I did very well in the interview. Have you had any response?

I haven't heard anything yet but it would suck to get so far and not get it. Anyway good luck. Never know we have a pleasant surprise coming

chooochoooo

I couldn't sort it online so I phoned them. The guy on the phone was really helpful and booked me in at Ashfield House on Saturday 29th April instead.

I just spoke to recruitment, they have rescheduled me to for 29th apr 0830am.see u there!

R9mmel

Did mine monday 10th heard nothing back yet. How did u do on youre Ac2?

Couldn't say. I always feel like written test are easier for me than interviews but it's been more than 2 working days since my AC2 so I'm not expecting anything. Good luck to you guys when you get your AC2 I'm sure it will come through just sometimes they take longer

Webby

Dont be too negative. No one on here has said theyve had results from last week either way

Sg101

Nope nothing here either from the 10th, not looking good seeing others getting invite same day.

I also done my AC1 on the 10th , I called today and was told it should take 10 working days from the date of your assessment to hear back from them (Keep in mind Easter ect) , So whoever done their AC1 on the 10th should be expecting a email by this time next week.

AJirde

Looks like a nice job opportunity but I won't be applying, because I enjoy driving rail replacement buses too much on weekends to sign them away on a permanent basis! Good luck to those who go for it!
Hello there,

Was going through the the night tube part role thread and saw your comment in re to rail replacement jobs. I've previously driven full time for First bus and was interested in that.

Can you please direct me which agencies I could approach for such opportunities?

Many thanks

A

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

RJ

Established Member
Hello there,

Was going through the the night tube part role thread and saw your comment in re to rail replacement jobs. I've previously driven full time for First bus and was interested in that.

Can you please direct me which agencies I could approach for such opportunities?

Many thanks

A

If you can get your post count up to 5, I'll be able to send you a private message with all the information you need. Can only help if it's London area stuff you're interested in though!

Last edited:

Tron81

If you can get your post count up to 5, I'll be able to send you a private message with all the information you need. Can only help if it's London area stuff you're interested in though!

Feel free to send me info on this as well please... I'm only aware of sulli*

RJ

Established Member
Feel free to send me info on this as well please... I'm only aware of sulli*

I drove for them once, Seven Sisters to Enfield Town. Good fun but a little hard to do regularly as a South Londoner with no access to a car!

Peps123

Dont be too negative. No one on here has said theyve had results from last week either way

Hey guys, i just got invited to interview, dates given were 26/27th April, need to see if I can get time off work before i book, but a step forward.

martin2345uk

Established Member
I think I might safely be able to abandon hope now, not having heard anything since the online test!

Tron81

I think I might safely be able to abandon hope now, not having heard anything since the online test!

Same here.... watching the threads and seeing candidates getting through to different stages and we haven't heard nada. Let just wait till Monday and see what happens. Those who have gotten through/past the online bit, what is your working background?

AJirde

Submitted application 15 mins before deadline then had 10 mins to complete sjt!

Status
Not open for further replies.