• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

M&S Food at stations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
Are station M&S Foods generally open at the moment, particularly Euston and Marylebone (as these are the two I will pass through tomorrow), and are they open by about 9am or are they keeping short hours?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bald Rick

Veteran Member
Are station M&S Foods generally open at the moment, particularly Euston and Marylebone (as these are the two I will pass through tomorrow), and are they open by about 9am or are they keeping short hours?

Euston is open, normal times. One way system in place.

Horizon22

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers

Paddington is open.

Chriso

Marylebone is shut but Paddington reopened a couple of weeks ago. Victoria, St Pancras & Waterloo are open but unsure on Liverpool St. Kings X Waitrose is also open

387star

On Moderation
Cardiff's is still closed much to my annoyance

CyrusWuff

Established Member
The M&S website suggests that Marylebone has now reopened, albeit with reduced hours (0800 to 2100 Monday to Saturday and 1000 to 2000 on Sundays). The M&S "Food to Go" unit at Baker Street station remains closed, however.

t_star2001uk

Marylebone is now open, only the store in the circle at St Pancras is open the one near Eurostar remains closed....

route101

Established Member
Glasgow/Edinburgh/Haymarket still shut. They were only open for few months from late summer.

Horizon22

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers
Frankly most M&S could have stayed open throughout (essential food sales) but they've clearly taken the commercial decision at most places it wasn't worth it except for the larger footfall stations starting to reopen.

Butts

Veteran Member
Glasgow/Edinburgh/Haymarket still shut. They were only open for few months from late summer.

I think in the case of Haymarket make that weeks...

For the brief period it reopened it didn't even sell Newspapers much to my annoyance.

LowLevel

Established Member
Frankly most M&S could have stayed open throughout (essential food sales) but they've clearly taken the commercial decision at most places it wasn't worth it except for the larger footfall stations starting to reopen.
They are mostly if not entirely SSP franchises, that company went straight into hibernation with most outlets and got rid of the staff in the process, if only they'd gone bust but alas it seems not.

Horizon22

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers
They are mostly if not entirely SSP franchises, that company went straight into hibernation with most outlets and got rid of the staff in the process, if only they'd gone bust but alas it seems not.

Indeed, the managed SSP stores have been decimated due to the various lockdowns and I find it likely that some may never come back. Shame as there's some nice franchises, but all very badly run through SSP.

Status
Not open for further replies.