• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Manchester Stations to St Erth Off - Peak return

Status
Not open for further replies.

elarchibaldo

Hi all, just a quick one.
I'm planning on buying an off-peak return from Manchester to St Erth, with my 16-25 railcard. It's priced at £116.95 and is any permitted.
Now I know it says it's any permitted, but is said ticket valid for travel via London?
Thanks for any information folks, it's greatly appreciated :)

I've found this online, on brfares.com, what's the chances of booking this?
http://www.brfares.com/#faredetail?orig=MAN&dest=SER&grpo=0438&rlc=YNG&rte=490&tkt=MES

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Rail Ranger

I put the journey into the National Rail website Journey Planner and specified via London Euston and it said "No return fares available".

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
This fare is not valid via London. Are you wanting to travel via London both ways or just one way?

The chance of booking an MES tier Advance on a CrossCountry service is virtually nil in my experience.

Polarbear

Established Member
That ticket is priced by Cross Country & as such, is not valid via London & is subject to a bar prior to 09:30.

Via London may necessitate two tickets but I'm sure others with more expertise will come up with a decent solution.

With a railcard, you can of course use peak Virgin services which may help?

elarchibaldo

This fare is not valid via London. Are you wanting to travel via London both ways or just one way?

The chance of booking an MES tier Advance on a CrossCountry service is virtually nil in my experience.

No I wasn't looking particularly to go that way, just seemed like another way if I fancied it. I know about XC and their advances, hence why I want to avoid them!
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Thanks for that. Wasn't a necessary route via London, just in case I fancied it. Luckily the 0943 direct return journey is just about off-peak and one train only!

John @ home

Established Member
I'm planning on buying an off-peak return from Manchester to St Erth, with my 16-25 railcard. It's priced at £116.95 and is any permitted.
To save money while retaining flexibility over the time at which you travel, trainsplit recommends:Total £93.50.

If using a combination of tickets such as this, you must travel on train(s) which stop at each station where you finish using one ticket and start using the next, in this case Birmingham, Cheltenham and Totnes.

elarchibaldo

Thanks for your help there john@home! Does a Stoke split not add any saving on the first leg or is that just day returns?

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Thanks for your help there john@home! Does a Stoke split not add any saving on the first leg or is that just day returns?

It saves a few more pounds, but will restrict you to travelling via Stoke.

Status
Not open for further replies.