May 2021 Timetable Change

bunnahabhain

Established Member

EMR 1st Supplemental Agreement May 21 Timetable has now been approved by ORR apparently. Schedule 5 Table 2.2 seems to have additional passenger train slots York to London and London to York on Saturday and Sunday (in addition to the normal London to York, York to London on Saturday and Leicester to York, York to London on Sunday) so it seems there will be 2 each way to York if I am reading it correctly. It definitely says via Doncaster.

Can only hope that Covid doesn't ruin things.
Don't expect a Sunday train to York. Also, Pontefract Baghill is a location listed on some documentation that I have seen, but then so is Doncaster, so maybe its both!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

g22

Don't expect a Sunday train to York. Also, Pontefract Baghill is a location listed on some documentation that I have seen, but then so is Doncaster, so maybe its both!
Thanks for your input. Pontefract Baghill was also mentioned in Modern Railways last Autumn as well even though track access document has Doncaster. Also as far as the York trains are concerned I was just mentioning what the track access document says and also EMR mention Sunday trains to York in their just released May 21 Consultation Results Document. Doesn't mean they will actually happen though as you say, especially in current circumstances.

Last edited:

Kite159

Veteran Member

Maybe someone within the DFT decided that running via Doncaster might be more beneficial than via Pontefract in not being fresh air carriers

Galaxy

The Doncaster to Scunthorpe service really has slumped to useless in recent years, especially now with the one towards Lincolnshire departing just minutes after the TPE.

It's a token effort and as much as I would love to see the Northern service extend to Cleethorpes or Grimsby, it wouldn't be beneficial in its current timings.

Whichever way you do it, there's a long layover at one end or the other. I wouldn't be surprised if this service ends up cutting out stops at Crowle and Althorpe in the future if and when it goes back to hourly.

HST43257

The Doncaster to Scunthorpe service really has slumped to useless in recent years, especially now with the one towards Lincolnshire departing just minutes after the TPE.
It does seem quite silly that it doesn’t connect with the TPE at Scunthorpe, unless they do have along term plan to extend it towards Barton/Grimsby/Cleethorpes.

mervyn72

Not sure if its already been asked, but has a date been put forward for when the new timetable will be released to RTT

Baxenden Bank

Established Member
Not sure if its already been asked, but has a date been put forward for when the new timetable will be released to RTT

(Apologies for the unhelpful notification but) I can’t wait for the May times to come out. So many trips to plan!

any changes coming on southeastern and/or thameslink? cheers

I can't help but think that the May timetable, whenever it comes out, will essentially be a starting point from which to make amendments, on a week by week basis, until we are certain where we are going with COVID restrictions. A new timetable, being on RTT or wherever, will mean not a lot in practice.

Bald Rick

Veteran Member

End of next week, I’ve been told.

I can't help but think that the May timetable, whenever it comes out, will essentially be a starting point from which to make amendments, on a week by week basis, until we are certain where we are going with COVID restrictions. A new timetable, being on RTT or wherever, will mean not a lot in practice.

I’d expect the May timetable to be relatively stable, assuming that the virus continues its downward trend.