• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

May 2021 Timetable Change

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bishopstone

Established Member
Also on weekdays the 17:30 and 18:30 down Norwich’s are shown as pick up only at Colchester, that won’t go down well as that means that there will only be 3 trains from London in those hours two of them slow. Until more services are added to the timetable I can’t ee this only being a bone of contention and a nightmare for staff to try and enforce.

I see that Greater Anglia’s automated tweet, Minimise Travel! , which was being run two-hourly, is now being broadcast hourly. Are this TOC very worried about capacity, hence the PU only Colchester calls in these key Down peak trains from May, also?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Goldfish62

Established Member
I see that Greater Anglia’s automated tweet, Minimise Travel! , which was being run two-hourly, is now being broadcast hourly. Are this TOC very worried about capacity, hence the PU only Colchester calls in these key Down peak trains from May, also?
"Minimise travel" really is completely meaningless now self-catering holiday accommodation and other leisure/hospitality facilities are open, but given that the TOCs are being kept afloat by the DfT and Treasury I don't suppose they have much option other than to regurgitate government messaging.

peters

On Moderation
Crewe to Derby has never run to Matlock? What has happened is Matlock-Newark Castle has become Matlock-Nottingham and Crewe-Derby has become Crewe-Newark Castle, meaning Derby-Nottingham becomes 4tph, up from 3 pre-covid. I believe this was always the plan.

I'm sure I've seen Matlock as a destination at Crewe but I don't go there often so it might have been temporary during engineering works or something.

northernchris

Established Member
Northern have now released the updated timetables for May. I haven't had a full look at them all, but both the Calder Valley and Liverpool - Manchester have temporary timetables running from the 16th - 30th May. I can't see anything major missing from the Calder Valley, but looks like the Liverpool - Manchester Airport service is temporarily withdrawn

js1000

Northern have now released the updated timetables for May. I haven't had a full look at them all, but both the Calder Valley and Liverpool - Manchester have temporary timetables running from the 16th - 30th May. I can't see anything major missing from the Calder Valley, but looks like the Liverpool - Manchester Airport service is temporarily withdrawn
That's unfortunate. The hourly Liverpool to Manchester Airport services are really picking up passengers now people are returning to offices.

They're really not going to cut in terms of capacity and social distancing by end of May. Hopefully they can rectify the 195s out of action and get the service up and running again by end of June.

Goldfish62

Established Member
Just seems to be SWR, LNER and TfW which are yet to publish the May timetables.

REVUpminster

Barnstaple -St James Park have been cut back to Exeter Central then empty to Pinhoe to reverse. There must be something going on at Exmouth Junction sidings or the fact that St James is unstaffed. If you want St James it's a 20 minute wait.

Wilts Wanderer

Established Member
Barnstaple -St James Park have been cut back to Exeter Central then empty to Pinhoe to reverse. There must be something going on at Exmouth Junction sidings or the fact that St James is unstaffed. If you want St James it's a 20 minute wait.

I think they’re empty to Exmouth Jcn, not to Pinhoe.

jfollows

Established Member
There's an EMU service Liverpool-Crewe via Manchester Airport but indeed I see that the DMU service over the CLC via Warrington isn't running.

berneyarms

Established Member
Just seems to be SWR, LNER and TfW which are yet to publish the May timetables.
Transpennine Express, Scotrail, Great Northern, Thameslink, Southern, London Overground & Merseyrail have also still to publish timetable pdfs.

dk1

Veteran Member
The new GA timetables are on their site https://www.greateranglia.co.uk/timetables bizarrely the recent uplift to the Norwich services (the 05:30 and 06:48 from Norwich and 08:00 and 09:00 back on weekdays aren’t shown but are in journey planners!).
Also odd is that the 06:48 ex-Norwich gains a Colchester call but no longer stops at Manningtree!! It has always been fast from there to Liverpool St. Also the return of the 05:30 leaves London at 08:00 whereas it’s been 07:55 for many years (SX). Still confusing as to why neither appear in printed timetables.

Jamesrob637

Established Member
There's an EMU service Liverpool-Crewe via Manchester Airport but indeed I see that the DMU service over the CLC via Warrington isn't running.

Liverpool to Manchester Airport via Warrington runs but only in the peaks.

Established Member
Also odd is that the 06:48 ex-Norwich gains a Colchester call but no longer stops at Manningtree!! It has always been fast from there to Liverpool St. Also the return of the 05:30 leaves London at 08:00 whereas it’s been 07:55 for many years (SX). Still confusing as to why neither appear in printed timetables.

The 08.00 from Liverpool St used to depart at 07.55 to allow time to get through platform 10A at Stratford (9 and 10 both being used in the up direction at that time) and allow the following Southend train to find a gap through Shenfield, before Shenfield was remodelled. With a modified Saturday service this presumably isn’t necessary.

The 06.48 from Norwich was (in class 90 days) the most popular morning commuter train from Manningtree, with the train regularly full so no point in stopping at Colchester, but looking at the huge empty car park extension at Manningtree most are still working at home.

dk1

Veteran Member
The 08.00 from Liverpool St used to depart at 07.55 to allow time to get through platform 10A at Stratford (9 and 10 both being used in the up direction at that time) and allow the following Southend train to find a gap through Shenfield, before Shenfield was remodelled. With a modified Saturday service this presumably isn’t necessary.

The 06.48 from Norwich was (in class 90 days) the most popular morning commuter train from Manningtree, with the train regularly full so no point in stopping at Colchester, but looking at the huge empty car park extension at Manningtree most are still working at home.
Yes, the 06:48/09:00 is own of my regular jobs. Always a busy train up road with a tighter turn round time. Coffee was often a rushed affair.

adrock1976

Established Member
What's it called? It's called Cumbernauld
I have checked the RTT website and the 11:24 Filey - Scarborough (09:21 ex Hull, 07:57 ex Sheffield?! I have never seen that before - only to and from Hull) for Friday 7 May is still missing.

Does anybody know when this train will appear? This is the train I am booked on for my journey back to Croy (changing Seamer, York, and Edinburgh Waverley).

Last edited:

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
I have checked the RTT website and the 10:24 Filey - Scarborough (09:21 ex Hull, 07:57 ex Sheffield?! I have never seen that before - only to and from Hull) for Friday 7 May is still missing.

Does anybody know when this train will appear? This is the train I am booked on for my journey back to Croy (changing Seamer, York, and Edinburgh Waverley).
It's showing up on RTT for me? This isn't related to the May TT however.

just been looking at York on rtt after t/t change ans seen some E.C.S moves with T.O.C code LD is this east coast railways thanks

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
They did but Realtime trains have them going to Pinhoe to reverse.
The class 5Qxx moves via Pinhoe showing on RTT are all Q paths, they only run as required. So they may not run at all, most are paired with a 5Bxx move reversing at Exmouth Junction. The 5B and 5Q codes are significant here, the former will be the preferred move.

Revilo

How come in the May timetable some of the Newquay branch trains don’t stop at the halts? They do again in September. Pity no through trains to
London or the north.

Status
Not open for further replies.