• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

More ECML woes 12/11

Status
Not open for further replies.

elementalpat

Another bad day on this line due to 'safety checks', but these checks seemed to have lasted for a long time.

Worst delay seems to be 12:00 KGX to Inverness at a whopping 222 minutes late!!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

GNERman

Established Member
Another bad day on this line due to 'safety checks', but these checks seemed to have lasted for a long time.

Broken rail between Retford and Newark. Cleared before 1500 (not sure of exact time). The Inverness also stopped at Doncaster (a bit different I suppose).

Crossover

Established Member
I'm sure it was a broken rail in about the same place that utterly screwed the ECML when I travelled back in March time :(

LNW-GW Joint

Veteran Member

The WCML also had power supply problems at Bushey this morning, with significant disruption and cancellations.
NRE initially said Virgin passengers for Scotland should use King's Cross - until the ECML problems began.
I think the WCML problems were cleared by early afternoon, but to have both main lines out was bad news.
"If I were you I wouldn't start from here."

Lrd

Established Member
The Chiltern line also had delays of around 30 minutes due to a broken down train at Banbury.

DaveNewcastle

Established Member
The Chiltern line . . . .
returning to the ECML today, my southbound went slowly wrong road through Birtley junction SLW to pass NR's NMT on the up as all other traffic used the down. Then we were in a queue waiting for a failed electric set to be hauled away from the crossovers at Chester le Street. Then got held in the signalling problems at Newark. Then delayed at Peterborough with a passenger taken taken ill near Essendine who required an ambulance.

My return journey was merely slowed by other traffic, though crews (and of course, passengers) were in the wrong place, and has got me home as it always does, whatever the challenges faced by the ECML.

Last edited:

calc7

Established Member
returning to the ECML today, my southbound went slowly wrong road through Birtlez junction SLW to pass NR's NMT on the down. Then waited for a failed electric set to be hauled away from the crossovers at Chester le Street. Then got held in the signalling problems at Newark. Then delayed at Peterborough with a pass taken ill

How many down were you at KGX?

DaveNewcastle

Established Member
How many down were you at KGX?
Quite remarkably, less than some of my colleagues travelling to London on a later service from Edinburgh on the Lincolnshire diversion; I was not much more than an hour late. Hey Ho, I guess some more RTVs will be dropping through the letter box soon.

glenbogle

2 people died on the train, one from a heart attack the other a stroke.Thus the addt stop at Doncaster for emergency services and the extra delay.

Train was packed to the rafters as well. Was so busy i was fortunate at the end to decide to wait on another train.

scotsman

Established Member
2 people died on the train, one from a heart attack the other a stroke.Thus the addt stop at Doncaster for emergency services and the extra delay.

Train was packed to the rafters as well. Was so busy i was fortunate at the end to decide to wait on another train.

Died? Can you confirm this? Another site has said that ambulances were called at these stations.

cjohnson

This didn't deserve it's own thread, but I was delayed yesterday (13th) on the 0800 KGX-EDB due to a train ahead breaking a window (?). Can anyone with the relevant information let me know how late it was arriving into EDB?

Status
Not open for further replies.