• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Most surprising place you've bumped into forum members?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fishquinn

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Today I saw theblackwatch on the platforms at Leeds (OK not that unexpected, as he was awaiting a railtour, but I didn't know that, so it still counts!) and fishquinn on the platforms at Manchester Piccadilly. Admittedly I don't know 100% sure it was him, but there can't be many people of his description who went to Manchester today and would have been platform-ending/vegging. And 96tommy at a football game. None of them saw me though!

It was definitely me!
What train were you on?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Deerfold

Veteran Member
Today I saw theblackwatch on the platforms at Leeds (OK not that unexpected, as he was awaiting a railtour, but I didn't know that, so it still counts!) and fishquinn on the platforms at Manchester Piccadilly. Admittedly I don't know 100% sure it was him, but there can't be many people of his description who went to Manchester today and would have been platform-ending/vegging. And 96tommy at a football game. None of them saw me though!

Are you stalking us all now? That's a very zealous moderator :lol:

Crossover

Established Member
This morning, I was waiting at Deighton with starmill for the train to Huddersfield, the train rolled in and we found yorksrob unexpectedly looking out of the window. Many rants were aired about the timetable change as a result in our short hop across to Huddersfield :D

yorksrob

Veteran Member
This morning, I was waiting at Deighton with starmill for the train to Huddersfield, the train rolled in and we found yorksrob unexpectedly looking out of the window. Many rants were aired about the timetable change as a result in our short hop across to Huddersfield :D

Indeed, Though does it count as surprising to see me on a train in W Yorks ;):D

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
He has a message for you :lol:

I was feeling a little low in spirits until I accessed this link to a name from the past.....and I really felt better having a good laugh at this....:D
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Another name from the past that was awoken by this link was the former website member called striker but his name evokes memories not so pleasant to recall...<(

Crossover

Established Member
Me and starmill were leaving the train at Teesside Airport this morning, much to the surprise of the guard. We pulled into the station to find that not only were people waiting, it included members 323235 and 158757!

Qwerty133

Established Member
Me and starmill were leaving the train at Teesside Airport this morning, much to the surprise of the guard. We pulled into the station to find that not only were people waiting, it included members 323235 and 158757!

Looks like its usage will be higher this year... that's 50% of last years from forum members in 1 day ;)

Starmill

Veteran Member
Looks like its usage will be higher this year... that's 50% of last years from forum members in 1 day ;)

Thornaby ticket office: "I haven't seen a ticket to Teesside Airport in four years...".

Attachments

• 10410286_772379666135733_7796053539911609045_n.jpg
    10410286_772379666135733_7796053539911609045_n.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 74

Starmill

Veteran Member
I was stood at Carlisle waiting for a train to depart this afternoon and managed to catch Searle on the Glasgow - London Pendo waving at me :D

ATW Alex 101

Established Member
He is in the sixth-form, who generally don't tend to be mingling with lower school! And without giving too much info away, he does other stuff which means he is often in a hurry so it's only a quick nod if you get what I mean.

Deerfold

Veteran Member
He is in the sixth-form, who generally don't tend to be mingling with lower school! And without giving too much info away, he does other stuff which means he is often in a hurry so it's only a quick nod if you get what I mean.

Sounds very underhand. :lol:

ATW Alex 101

Established Member
I am not going to reveal too much on a public forum (which anybody can read) about what an individual does on their school day.

Deerfold

Veteran Member
I am not going to reveal too much on a public forum (which anybody can read) about what an individual does on their school day.

I don't expect you to. Your phrasing does make it sound like he's a spy or master criminal though.

ralphchadkirk

Established Member
I don't expect you to. Your phrasing does make it sound like he's a spy or master criminal though.

Don't you know how secret school days are? I went to a primary school today, wasn't allowed to look at any of the wall displays at all in case I learnt something.

GatwickDepress

Established Member
I hear its something to do with steam locos and box tunnel.
TBssvRy.png

Tell me more... ;)

ATW Alex 101

Established Member

Ah right, I see now mate. Basically to put it short he is involved with a group of other 6th formers who act as mentors to lower school students aside to also sorting out a lot of IT stuff and Audio Visual stuff so he is often very busy.

When I bump into him in the corridor he is no doubt walking fast and usually carrying something like a laptop or wheeling along some stage equipment. That is amongst other things, and as I say there are only certain times where it is possible for 6th form to mingle with lower school.
^^^^
You would really have to be there to understand what I mean.

Anyway, today, I boarded a DLR train at Poplar and sat in a set of seats right next to MattE2010. I recognized him from our brief meeting in Manchester after the challenge in September last year, and the fact he had an 'eagles' t-shirt on. I was going to ask him but he walked off pretty briskly at SRA, so I asked him on here and confirmed it was indeed him.

hassaanhc

Established Member
Ah right, I see now mate. Basically to put it short he is involved with a group of other 6th formers who act as mentors to lower school students aside to also sorting out a lot of IT stuff and Audio Visual stuff so he is often very busy.

When I bump into him in the corridor he is no doubt walking fast and usually carrying something like a laptop or wheeling along some stage equipment. That is amongst other things, and as I say there are only certain times where it is possible for 6th form to mingle with lower school.
^^^^
You would really have to be there to understand what I mean.

Anyway, today, I boarded a DLR train at Poplar and sat in a set of seats right next to MattE2010. I recognized him from our brief meeting in Manchester after the challenge in September last year, and the fact he had an 'eagles' t-shirt on. I was going to ask him but he walked off pretty briskly at SRA, so I asked him on here and confirmed it was indeed him.

Uh oh I did Poplar to Stratford too, I had a 2-car consist of B92 for the journey, arriving at Stratford around 1605 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.