• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

MTR Crossrail - Now recruiting for Trainee & Qualified Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

ultra4

From what I hear it is a pretty large recruitment drive and the website says 04/08/15 so makes sense! The qualified positions are sooner though.

They need 400 drivers. Great opportunity to get in.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
They need 400 drivers. Great opportunity to get in.

Except of course they don't need them all at once, and already have something like a quarter of that total from the drivers transferring from Gidea Park and Ilford. Crossrail expands in stages over the next four years, so if at first you don't succeed etc.....

Sikes 88

Just got told I passed stage 2. Just received my email with my practice materials. I am in a unique position as I was previously on a trainee train driver course with FGW but had to pull out half way through. The lady at mtr crossrail recruitment told me after stage 3 I only have to complete the interview with a line manager. So fingers crossed for everyone applying

Hi. Any advice on stage 2. Just got email saying that I need to complete it. What type of questions do they ask? Any help or advice would be welcomed. Thanks

theking

Just got told I passed stage 2. Just received my email with my practice materials. I am in a unique position as I was previously on a trainee train driver course with FGW but had to pull out half way through. The lady at mtr crossrail recruitment told me after stage 3 I only have to complete the interview with a line manager. So fingers crossed for everyone applying

congratulations, so you've already had the telephone interview?
And I thought they said there was two online assessments comprising stage 3 online and stage 4 telephone interview.

Again well done.

Sikes 88

6447858 Hi. Any advice on stage 2. Just got email saying that I need to complete it. What type of questions do they ask? Any help or advice would be welcomed. Thanks

It's basic questions on how you like to work. Nothing to hard. Just remember everything revolves around safety
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
congratulations, so you've already had the telephone interview?
And I thought they said there was two online assessments comprising stage 3 online and stage 4 telephone interview.

Again well done.

Telephone interview is next stage. I might be exempt because of my previous passes

theking

6447858 Hi. Any advice on stage 2. Just got email saying that I need to complete it. What type of questions do they ask? Any help or advice would be welcomed. Thanks

It's basic questions on how you like to work. Nothing to hard. Just remember everything revolves around safety

Telephone interview is next stage. I might be exempt because of my previous passes

Thanks for that.

Really surprised they're progressing this quickly what with the closing date 6 months away they're going to have tens of thousands of applications once it get out.

Sikes 88

The second questionnaire looks a bit challenging. A revised version of the dots test.
I expect that want some trainees to start relatively soon because training takes a year at least
I have just read over the email again. I have a deadline of February 23rd to complete the next stage. So clearly they want people in asap. Also they don't want people practicing the material for too long

Sikes 88

So its a group bourdon type test?

Yes basically. But there are 3 parts. 1 is a questionnaire were you put the answers in order from 1-4. Second is a row of boxes with dots in the corner that go in a particular sequence and you have to cross the box that doesn't fit the sequence. Then there's letter in two columns and you have to pick whether they have the same letters in both. Again crossing out the ones that are incorrect then they make you do both the boxes and letters at the same time.

Yes that's what I ment. The first online assessment. From the time you get the email do you have to complete it by a certain time. Just like spike said he has to do the next test by the 23rd.

theking

My email mentions nothing of a use by date.

It just says once the test is started you must complete it in one go.

iWantIn

Does anyone know when the Trainee Driver courses actually start? Aslo how positions are they looking to fill?

MickyB89

I just finished stage 3 tests. The situational questions and the visual tests. Any of you guys recently done them. How do you feel they went?

MickyB89

Hi MickyB89... I am going to do my stage 3 tonight. Would you mind telling me if the visual test is anything like the practice material? How did you find it and good luck with the outcome mate.

It was vaguely similar. I did some practice with them and if anything it helps you speed up your decision making. Apart from that though the tests are a different challenge. The situational questions are straight forward enough. You get what you expect.

The last stage of the visual is tricky though. multitasking. so if you're going to try 'revise' do some multitasking test.

edit: if you can use a mouse! I lost a few points just down to misclicks using a laptop pad. frustrating!

Last edited:

jellybabyj

I
Still waiting to hear back if I got to stage 3 done my questionsair etc few weeks ago but not heard bk
Yet I understand they got a lot to go through etc just would like a yes or a sorry your not able
To etc
With the people
Who already done stage 3 how long was the wait till
They contated
You ?

MickyB89

Thanks for the insight. Already got a mouse today as encountered that before. How did you feel it went?

n the first stage i think i made one error out of 150ish movements. the second stage maybe 2 mistakes because of the mouse pad an the 3rd one maybe i made about 4? so over 3 stages maybe less that 10. No idea what % that would end up.

I can't really remember.

I can never tell how the situational test went because that's subjective to each individual.

johndaniel007

Anyone considering doing the test should be very well prepared for the last visual multitasking part as its the hardest of all, test material only prepares you to make fast and correct decision, i have done my bit fingers cross i did well lol. Goodluck to who else is doing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.