• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

MTR Crossrail Trainee Driver (Multiple Locations)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Colin01

Hey all first time poster and first time applying for a trainee train driver role

congrats to those who have passed unfortunately I'm not one of them as just got an email for failing the sjt hard to know how I did as no pass mark is given and no feed back will be either so no idea if i failed by small or large margin or where I need to improve on :s

Does this failure count as part of your 2strikes rules and does it carry over to other toc's records? Also it says I can't apply again for 6months is this just for Mtr crossrail or all.
I will find out on Monday and let you know mate.

Cyclist

Had an email saying I failed the first SJT, which I’ve passed with Virgin before. I either answered it differently or they filtered me out for saying I lived more than 40 mins away but they only had one standard failure reply. Who knows!

OneLowban

Just got my rejection from this today at the same time as I got told I was through to the assessment centre with Freightliner, I guess you win some you lose some... good luck to you all though!!!
So you finally heard back, I’m still waiting it says submitted still.

Sorry to hear about MTR mate but best of luck with Freightliner!

And well done and best of luck to everyone through to the assessment days.

sharpiejas

Done my assesment SJT/VSE on Friday and have not heard back yet. Good luck to those who got through.

Dean90

Finally! Got the email to say I was successful. Couldn't be happier, I was starting to think the worst to be honest. Lots and lots of revision by looks of it now

DaveB

So how long did people wait from doing the SJT / VSE tests before finding out whether they’d been successful?

Tomo1062

Can you change the date of assessment days ? Anyone know ?
I have tried and unfortunately they are saying “No” but they will hold you in on a file dor the next opportunity
I’ve been given 31st August which is the day I fly out on my summer holiday with the family.
Its such a shame if for example two of us wanted to swap, I don’t know if they would consider that as an option

Ffcsteve14

I have tried and unfortunately they are saying “No” but they will hold you in on a file dor the next opportunity
I’ve been given 31st August which is the day I fly out on my summer holiday with the family.
Its such a shame if for example two of us wanted to swap, I don’t know if they would consider that as an option

I have really got to hope my AL request gets accepted then.

Ffcsteve14

So Frustraing !
Don’t know what to do now.... I only have to do one test as well as I’ve previously done the assessment centre.

Me 2. Completed them all with another TOC and passed. Is t a given that we only have to complete 1 assessment? I’m assuming it’s crossrails own separate assessment?

Tomo1062

Me 2. Completed them all with another TOC and passed. Is t a given that we only have to complete 1 assessment? I’m assuming it’s crossrails own separate assessment?
No it’s the same tests but there will be at least one of them we didn’t score high enough on and they require a higher pass.

Ffcsteve14

No it’s the same tests but there will be at least one of them we didn’t score high enough on and they require a higher pass.

I passed them all to enhanced but the jobs got pulled after a looooong time waiting for offers. Interested to see what happens

Malala

I've been given 29th which I don't know how I'll go to . 22nd, 23rd ,24th ,27th and 28th all would have been ideal for me

Ebee

Yes. Waiting for my results now. Bricking it. Fingers and toes are crossed

Status
Not open for further replies.