• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

MTR Crossrail Trainee Driver (Multiple Locations)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mo ali

Might
No it’s the same tests but there will be at least one of them we didn’t score high enough on and they require a higher pass.

Might be the DFFT as they don't accept it if it's 2 years old or it might jus be the scores

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Lem

Did anyone on this recruitment drive previously apply to them on the very first recruitment drive (February 2015)? I’m pretty sure they said the scores for the OPC tests would be valid for 5 years with them even though most TOCs are 2...anyone confirm?

Joliver

I've got through too. Got an assessment date on the 31st. Good luck to everyone.

adx

I completed my SJT/VSE on 4 August, is anyone else still waiting to hear back from this far? Applied for OOC.

Thanks, and good luck to those of you moving forward.

Apex

I completed my SJT/VSE on 4 August, is anyone else still waiting to hear back from this far? Applied for OOC.

Yeah, currently in the same boat, mate. Completed my joint SJT+VSE on the 3rd of August, today is the 10th day and still not heard anything back. Might drop them an email tomorrow. Anyone in the same situation? :|

Nelly74

Same here. Applied for OOC and completed the joint SJT+VSE on the 3rd. So far nothing back either.

Joliver

I done mine on the 4th and got my reply on the 11th. It went to my spam folder though so might be an idea to check yours.

Nelly74

Same here. Applied for OOC and completed the joint SJT+VSE on
I done mine on the 4th and got my reply on the 11th. It went to my spam folder though so might be an idea to check yours.
I’ve checked my spam folder daily and nothing rail related. I feel I should contact them but it is less than the 10 working days advised.

WDTBantam

Done mine on the 9th but I think it could be up to two weeks (I'd imagine they would have a load to get through). Some have got their result 7-10 days after completing the SJT/VSE

Nelly74

Got a response from my enquiry and I’ve been advised that I should hear in the next week or so.

SAM2389

Hi guys i'm new to this. Any one know what to expect in the assessment centre or is there another thread for it.

P.S good luck to everyone that made it. :)

jm000

Hello guys,

I took the Stage 3 VSE. Wow. The third part, I got a few mistakes. Did anyone else get any mistakes on Part 1, Part 2 or Part 3? If so, how many mistakes did you get roughly?

Does anybody know the overal pass mark or roundabout, too?

I will be upset if I’ve let myself down on Part 3.

Jack Duerden

Hello guys,

I took the Stage 3 VSE. Wow. The third part, I got a few mistakes. Did anyone else get any mistakes on Part 1, Part 2 or Part 3? If so, how many mistakes did you get roughly?

I got a few errors. I think I got a couple on part 2 with shapes only and maybe 3 or 4 on part 3 and I got through :) Just passed day 1 assessment, next stop day 2! Good luck :)

WDTBantam

Hello guys,

Think a few people done OK on the first two stages and then the third was tricky. I think I got a lot of errors on the last one; as soon as I made one, the rest started to follow. Still yet to hear back about whether I made it.

jm000

Thank you for getting back to me!

I definitely made more than a few mistakes on the last one. My partner only made a few all in all as well so here’s hoping at least he gets through to the next stage!

Colin01

Hello guys,

I didn't finish the SJT I did not pay attention to the time limit.

On the VSE I got none wrong in the first stage. The second stage I got around 4 wrong maybe more. I kept hitting the wrong answer even though I sometimes knew the right one. Last stage maybe 2 or 3.

I have been shortlisted

Colin01

Hi guys anyone on here a shunter/depot driver, been to a assessment centre and already completed it with a different toc to get that role?

If yes did you still need to complete any assessments?

ThatGuy

You guys should say hello when you pop into St Mary’s Axe lol. I may or may not be working for MTR

jm000

I didn't finish the SJT I did not pay attention to the time limit.

On the VSE I got none wrong in the first stage. The second stage I got around 4 wrong maybe more. I kept hitting the wrong answer even though I sometimes knew the right one. Last stage maybe 2 or 3.

I have been shortlisted

Thank you for that, Colin01. I’m feeling hopeful but we will see! :)

jm000

Just an update guys, I’m through to the assembler centre!! :D

Unfortunately, the centre is quite busy so I still need to wait for a definite date. :)

Techno77

Everyone makes mistakes on the 3rd part of VSE (it's just too much happening at the same time). The most important thing is to not get flustered and start again fresh instead of dwelling on what's happened. It's in fact very related to actual train driving - things happen, but you can't let them get worse by panicking. You must stop > think > act rationally. Good luck!

sharpiejas

Passed the SJT/VSE but have been told there is no space in the assesment centres. Any one else had a reply?

Teddyward

Just got email from opc saying they emailed asking if I wanted to continue with MTR or freightliner. I never received such an email but was asked the question again so I chose MTR.
I’ve already done the assessments but this job was for courses March onwards wasn’t it?
Been offered a job with Anglia starting October in the interim.

Rich83

Just got an email, I’ve been short listed for a DMI, they will come back with a date in 4 weeks

loulou1

Just received an email saying that I have passed the online SJT and VSE, however I will now be waiting for available dates in the assessment centre.

Status
Not open for further replies.