• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

MTR Crossrail Trainee Train Driver Old Oak Common

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haider

Congrats potato. I passed the second day last Friday and have just been given an interview date of two weeks time.

edit: the interview date is not given with the link to the questionnaire - mine was given about a week after.

Well done sfxdude, and wish you best of luck in the LMI, did they give you a date for LMI when u finished day 2? or did you wait till they email it to you?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

sfxdude

Well done sfxdude, and wish you best of luck in the LMI, did they give you a date for LMI when u finished day 2? or did you wait till they email it to you?

See my edit! :D Was about a week after day 2.

potato

Well done potato, did they give you a date for line manager interview??

I haven't been given a date for the manager interview, just a slip with login details for an online questionnaire. I'm going to complete the questionnaire and then await further instructions :)

scabek

Hi Guys, congrats on everyone who made it through to the DMI.
I was also successful at getting to the DMI and now waiting for my interview date. I was wondering if anyone could help out with the exact trainee train drive job description from MTR's website advert. It thought I saved it but cannot find it. Many thanks in advance

http://postimg.org/image/erpi0sudv/

Last edited:

potato

Congrats potato. I passed the second day last Friday and have just been given an interview date of two weeks time.

edit: the interview date is not given with the link to the questionnaire - mine was given about a week after.

Waiting for my interview date - do they phone or email to let you know the date?

1986deano

Hi all first time on here!!!
Got my email today confirming my dmi date for 25/4 excited much :)
This forum has been a great help through my process so thankyou all!!!!

Picsa

Hi guys:)
I've passed my Second Day assessment on 4th April, filled out online questionnaire, but I'm still waiting for DMI date, which I think is way longer than anyone here. I'm starting to get a little worried that maybe my papers has been omitted or weren't send somewhere by accident, and was wondering, if I should contact someone, and if yes, who should I speak to?

p.s. Thank you all for all the invaluable information in this thread, it has really helped me with preparations:D

Simply_h

Hello everyone
I had my managers interview yesterday and am awaiting my results. It is quite relaxed, they ask you about the company and parent company, why you want to be a train driver, what skills do they need, why you want to join the company etc (don't want to list them all) they also ask you a lot about your experiences and ask for specific examples. They also ask why you want to leave your current job. I feel like I prepared really well and answered the questions the best I could. Only thing that I think may let me down is that I didn't know much about the parent company but let's wait and see.

Congrats to all the guys who passed this stage what an achievement, and good luck everyone still doing their assessments. Wish I looked at this forum earlier as there is a lot of useful info on here

Last edited:

Kells21

Hi guys having difficulty getting through to HR department at MTR via email does anyone have a contact number for the HR department ?

Figgi44

Hi all, anyone heard from HR recently? My start date is meant to be June but I haven't heard from them for a while, getting no response from HR dept. Surely with only 6 weeks until start date I would have expected a contract etc? Anyone started their training course recently can tell me how far in advance they got written contract? My whole life is on hold at the moment as can't plan anything social as don't know what shifts/times the training will be etc. Any up to date info would be great. Thanks

PKJ

Hi Figgi44,

I'm also starting with MTR in June. I had to chase them a little recently as I needed to hand in my notice at my current job. They said the contracts are currently being updated but are still with their lawyers. The lady I spoke with mentioned that even individuals starting in May haven't received their contracts yet. I said I needed some kind of confirmation in writing so that I could hand in my notice so she agreed to send me a letter confirming my start date which I received two weeks ago. Have you tried to call them?

potato

Had my DMI, it was quite relaxed but I was nervous and forgot a lot of info, so not sure of the outcome. Good luck to everyone still going through the process.

Simply_h

Had my DMI, it was quite relaxed but I was nervous and forgot a lot of info, so not sure of the outcome. Good luck to everyone still going through the process.

All the best!! I didn't do much research about the parent company. Not sure how they make a decision as I've read on here people failing who knew everything there is to know, and also people passing who didn't answer all the questions. Been checking my emails constantly and eagerly waiting that phone call.. Such a terrible feeling but hopefully worth it in the end

Figgi44

Hi Figgi44,

I'm also starting with MTR in June. I had to chase them a little recently as I needed to hand in my notice at my current job. They said the contracts are currently being updated but are still with their lawyers. The lady I spoke with mentioned that even individuals starting in May haven't received their contracts yet. I said I needed some kind of confirmation in writing so that I could hand in my notice so she agreed to send me a letter confirming my start date which I received two weeks ago. Have you tried to call them?
Hi PKJ, yep been emailing and calling, am going to give another call today. Thanks for your update. Bit weird re the contracts though as loads of people have already started their training, I'd have thought we'd all be on the same contract?! See you in June maybe...
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Нi guys
Is that for Old oak or East depot?
Old oak common.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
When did you put your orig application in? Was that for Shenfield or did they do another recruitment drive after that?

CaseyJones

Hi guys i posted a while ago about my DMI and unfortunetly was unsuccessful, i was really down about it so have only got around to posting about it now! The interview on my behalf was really weak, i was a bit nervous and felt the interview didn't flow. The feedback i got was that i didn't demonstrate enough knowledge about the company which i thought i did but maybe said something wrong. Anyway it wasn't meant to happen that day and basically i was wondering if anyone was in the know as to whether MTR will be recruiting again, possibly after the West batch have completed all their assesments maybe. I'm going to keep checking other TLCs like Underground if they'll be recruiting in the future. Obviously i'd have to wait my 6 months before reapplying, although i would go straight to dmi again. Any help would be great!

PKJ

Hi PKJ and Figgi44
As I understand you start in June for Old Oak depot,
Is that June 2017 or it is June 2016?
Do you have your medical already in order to concern for the contracts?
I just wondering because the first course for Old Oak is on 02.01.2017 and I am one of the first booked for it.The recruitment for that depot started October last year.
On 29 of January I received the "call that I am accepted"but still wait for medical date..

Hi Drazky and Figgi44,

I was actually referring to the Ilford depot. I too was under the impression that Old Oak training would start no earlier than the start of next year and so assumed Figgi44 was referring to the East side training which starts June 2016. Yes, I've already passed my medical and all other checks.

Figgi44, you might want to double check that date. Also, in regard to your point about contracts, I read in a different thread on here some time ago that all trainee drivers that have started up till now have received a short, basic contract for the short term which will be updated and re-issued in May this year.

scabek

Hi PKJ

How long ago did you have your medical? Just trying to gauge when will i be having mine done for my Feb 2017 start, MTR did not mention any sort of time frame, cheers

PKJ

Hi PKJ

How long ago did you have your medical? Just trying to gauge when will i be having mine done for my Feb 2017 start, MTR did not mention any sort of time frame, cheers

Hi Scabek,

I had my medical on 25th Feb. Everything from then on (background checks, etc.) happened very quickly.

mike14

I start beginning of October and my medical is beginning of August. I will be at Shenfield depot. Yeah from what I remember it is a T&Cs contract change in May

boyty

Just had the call - I've been successful, offered start date of May 2017. :)

Well done sfxdude, when was your interview? I had mine on 26th April, still waiting to hear back and can't take the anxiety much longer!

Status
Not open for further replies.