• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Multi-platform stations with only bi-directional platforms

Status
Not open for further replies.

NXEA!

Swindon is wrong I think, because both times I've been there, there has been a 150 or a 158 waiting in a West-facing bay on services down the Kemble line :) forgive me if I'm wrong, but is Seven Kings bi-di? Because twice I've been on a Southend service which has trundled along the metro lines until Seven Kings whereupon it has crossed over to the London-bound track and gone through that platform and then after the station has crossed over to the fast tracks. Also I'm pretty sure I've been through there wrong line on the fast lines as well :)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Tomnick

Established Member
Swindon is wrong I think, because both times I've been there, there has been a 150 or a 158 waiting in a West-facing bay on services down the Kemble line :) forgive me if I'm wrong, but is Seven Kings bi-di? Because twice I've been on a Southend service which has trundled along the metro lines until Seven Kings whereupon it has crossed over to the London-bound track and gone through that platform and then after the station has crossed over to the fast tracks. Also I'm pretty sure I've been through there wrong line on the fast lines as well :)
Only the Up Electric line is bi-directional through Seven Kings.

MikeWh

Established Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
As long as through stations which also have terminating trains are not excluded then I give you both Dartford and Gravesend. All four platforms can send trains both ways at Dartford while both can at Gravesend as well. In times of disruption they will often need to route down trains through the (notionally) up platform(s) while terminating trains obviously depart towards London from all platforms. Neither has any bays.

manaichain

Westcliff-on-Sea, Essex (formerly Didcot, Oxfordsh
Didcot Parkway has 5, signal at each end of Platform
1 - Down Main
2 - Up Main
3 - Up Oxford
4 - Down Oxford
5 - Oxford Loop

3 and 4 bi-directionally when Didcot-Oxford closed, and AXC use them for Didcot to Bournemouth services (although those services obviously have to terminate, don't know if that counts

SteamontheMet

Denham
West Ruislip
South Ruislip

They have all recently seen bi-directional workings due to some of the chilterns weekend engineering work

Ive been on one, quite an odd experience.:smile:

High Wycombe - Trains can terminate in any platform.
London bound trains can terminate in Platform 3 and go back north using the cross over at the northern end of the station.
Banbury/North bound and Wycombe trains can terminate in Platform 1 or 2 and go back south towards London using the crossovers south of the station.
All platforms are signaled.

Status
Not open for further replies.