• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Name that train

Status
Not open for further replies.

O L Leigh

Established Member
Just a quick one-off picture quiz.

What class of train can you see in this pic?

LED.jpg

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

O L Leigh

Established Member
Nope.

Incidentally, lets just have serious guesses only. I don't want lists of all possibilities reeled off on a scattergun principle.

O L Leigh

william

Established Member
Incidentally, lets just have serious guesses only. I don't want lists of all possibilities reeled off on a scattergun principle.

You can't be.....................serious?

Is it just me having difficulty in actually seeing a train in this picture or have some aliens abducted it?

Coxster

Established Member
I'm looking to the right of the image, at what looks like the shape of windows illuminated by the interior lights of the train. I'm thinking I can see an end of an intermediate coach (non-driving) with two windows next to each other before maybe a set of doors - both windows being fitted with hopper windows.

I'm thinking some Class 317 subclasses also match that window formation and design, but I think the windows in question on a 317 are longer than those on a 321. In the picture I'm thinking the windows are not as long as a Class 317, but it could be down to the angle that the picture is taken from. For all I know the windows might actually be the same length on both classes, in which case my arguement above is totally flawed anyway! :oops:

But still - for the reasons listed above, I am going to go for a Class 321.

Richmond

Looks like a reflection in the light cluster LED looks like a unit maybe a 317

me123

Established Member

The windows and door combinations looked about right to me! Don't accuse me of just rambling off a list of units <(;)

Established Member
if im honest i cant see much but ill take a guess is it any of the following
319,317,153 or anything used by NXEA?

Death

Established Member
I just did a search for Class 54's, only to find that no such thing exists! :lol:

On the other hand though, I believe that I can just make out the reflection of a Class 373 Eurostar on the signal lens. <D

Status
Not open for further replies.