• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

National Rail services with Staff Nominee Oyster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Daniel

Established Member
Only section 1 of that document applies to you with a staff nominee card. Technically the document is incorrect as you don't have A PRIV, but the routes in section 1 are the same nonetheless. Section 2 does not apply to you.

ssray

With a no priv/staff pass without the NR double arrow Virgin will not honour the euston to watford bit
Ray

matt_world2004

Established Member
With a no priv/staff pass without the NR double arrow Virgin will not honour the euston to watford bit
Ray

They should do. As it is valid on all national rail services between Euston and Watford Junction.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Reading that document,I have a staff pass if I am travelling with a group of people can I purchase privledge rate tube tickets for my travelling party. It does not say PTAC on it.

Last edited:

Haywain

Veteran Member
Reading that document,I have a staff pass if I am travelling with a group of people can I purchase privledge rate tube tickets for my travelling party. It does not say PTAC on it.

If your staff pass does not say PTAC on it, it will not have the double arrow symbol and is not valid on any National Rail services (other than, perhaps, London Overground). I am not convinced that in these circumstances interavailability applies either.

Established Member
If your staff pass does not say PTAC on it, it will not have the double arrow symbol and is not valid on any National Rail services (other than, perhaps, London Overground). I am not convinced that in these circumstances interavailability applies either.

Staff & nominee oysters do not have either PTAC or BR arrows but are certainly valid on interavailable routes as listed in section 1 of the OP.

Last edited:

matt_world2004

Established Member
Staff & nominee oysters do not have either PTAC or BR arrows but are certainly valid on interavailable routes as listed in section 1 of the OP.

It opens the barriers at Marylebone so should be valid on at least one national rail route. As I used it between Marylebone and uxbridge the other day.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
At the risk of being accused as a pedant, but just to clarify the terminology. TfL staff passes (including nominee passes) are not valid on Interavailable routes, but they are are valid on NR services listed in section 1 of the document linked to in the original post, as well as on Lorol services (and TfL Rail when they launch later in the year). Some of these are Interavailable routes, but they are not valid on all Interavailable routes (eg. Kings + to Finsbury Park is not permitted). Bus Operator (including Bus Operator nominee) passes are not valid on NR services at all, except Lorol.

ssray

I have since 2006 been travelling from new street to euston daily(ish) and i can`t get a ticket with my staff pass from watford to new street only from euston to new street as I don`t have the `double arrow`

RJ

Established Member

There are a number of lines TfL Staff passes without a PTAC are valid on;

• Euston to Watford Junction on London Midland and Virgin Trains
  • Marylebone to Amersham
  • Finsbury Park to Moorgate
  • West Hampstead Thameslink/Kentish Town to Elephant and Castle/London Bridge - but not to travel between West Hampstead Thameslink and Kentish Town
  • Fenchurch Street to Upminster
  • Liverpool Street to Stratford

Inter-availability is independent of this scheme, although there is some overlap.

What you say is correct for Bus Operator Oyster cards.

Last edited:

Deerfold

Veteran Member
When my sister gave me my pass, she told me there was a number of services that I can use National Rail services. I managed to find this document on the internet.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/105633052/TfL-Staff-Travel-Facilities-on-National-Rail

Is this still the case?

Thanks!

Your sister should also have been given a sheet detailing validity of the pass - this is usually on a sheet of A4 - it may be worth you asking if she has this - or can get this from work (I don't want to give you the wrong one - as other posters have said there are various versions including bus operator ones with no rail validity).

They should do. As it is valid on all national rail services between Euston and Watford Junction.

Though of course if you're only going Euston to Watford Junction it's not valid as Virgin services are pick up only from Watford Junction going north and set down only going south.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.