• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Network Rail Apprenticeships

Status
Not open for further replies.

t o m

Thanks. I've got some good ideas for the questions they gave in the email, just hope I can get them across in the right way. Hope I can answer all the questions they give me as I'm sure there will be more than in the email. Did you ask them many questions?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

rm2011

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the site, i have my network rail interview on Wednesday this week? Any Advice would be grateful!

Also any others got there interviews coming up?

Anyone on forum can tell me more about

H.M.S Collingwood, basically everything about it, living there, what the place has to offer, social life etc

also wanted to add i have the following qualification, from what i understand i have to re do them?
BTEC First Diploma Engineering with progression award in engineering
BTEC Nation Diploma in engineering (overall 21 units) more than BTEC award, certificate and diploma

thanks in advance

Last edited:

t o m

Alright, got my interview on Wednesday too. What depot have you applied for?

rm2011

milton keynes interview in rugby what about urself? i'm reading up about gosport a lot of negatives from people who live there....

t o m

I was a bit worried that you'd applied for Leicester too, when you said you had all those qualifications. Do you mean the residents of Gosport? I've never been around there so don't know what it's like. For some reason most people don't seem to like where they live. I imagine Gosport is like Plymouth and obviously Portsmouth that have suffered from the decline of the Royal Navy. I think that when you are living with 200+ apprentices it won't matter where you are as it will be a bit like it's own community.

rm2011

yeh maybe, not 100% atm but i'll get everything cleared up in interview. But not liking the idea of re-doing everything i already done.. I haven't made my mind up completely yet, hoping someone will come change my mind about moving there for next three years (thats if i get it)

t o m

You only live there for the first year and do the occasional two week stint in the second and third year. Even though you have the qualifications they might want you to learn it 'their way'. I've seen that NR do an engineering conversion scheme, not looked in to it myself but maybe that would suit you.

Hydro

Established Member
Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the site, i have my network rail interview on Wednesday this week? Any Advice would be grateful!

Also any others got there interviews coming up?

Anyone on forum can tell me more about

H.M.S Collingwood, basically everything about it, living there, what the place has to offer, social life etc

also wanted to add i have the following qualification, from what i understand i have to re do them?
BTEC First Diploma Engineering with progression award in engineering
BTEC Nation Diploma in engineering (overall 21 units) more than BTEC award, certificate and diploma

thanks in advance

Read what I've written on the first couple of pages, should cover a fair bit.

Don't know where you stand on the qualifications though.

t o m

Had a phone call about an hour ago, I got the job! :D can't believe it. Going to Gosport on 3rd August for an induction.

Last edited:

quak_C

Had a phone call about an hour ago, I got the job! :D can't believe it. Going to Gosport on 3rd August for an induction.

Well done mate :)
If the induction is the 3rd of august im hoping they will get back to us soon then with notice of the 3rd of august?

t o m

Well done mate :)
If the induction is the 3rd of august im hoping they will get back to us soon then with notice of the 3rd of august?

Cheers mate. Found out two days after my interview, not bad. Think they said there's an open day at the end of July and two in August. Just got to have my medical now.

Dan_225

Well done man! I'll be seeing you down there. News hasn't sunk in yet. Well happy!

t o m

I know, I feel like I've won the lottery or something, just that unbelievable feeling. I thought it was a joke when they rang. It's finally happened. Are you flying down?

Dan_225

The thing is I missed the call, he left a message and then I called back. The guys who interviewed me did mention flying down from Scotland as the train journey would be too long. I've to get another phone call on Sunday so will know then.

Dan_225

Thanks. I got the call yesterday, there's still time yet man, don't stress.

erolosman

i still aint even got my interview date :\ and i go on holiday for two weeks in less then 2 weeks, looks of things i wont b having my interview till august and finding out till mid/late august. if i dont have a interview date wen im back from holiday i think ill be ringing em up :\

t o m

Holiday... it's alright for some ;)

Did you reply to the email asking for dates you wouldn't be able to attend an interview?

Dan_225

Tom- What did NR say to you when they called? I'm waiting on them calling me back.

t o m

They said that they would like to offer me a place, told me the dates for the open days and asked which one I'd like to attend. He also said that you can take up to two guests to the open day. Also that they will arrange a date for the medical. I received an email after the call with some more information about the open day and a form attached asking about my travel requirements to get there. There was another form saying what kit they will issue and asking what sizes I need.

Dan_225

They said that they would like to offer me a place, told me the dates for the open days and asked which one I'd like to attend. He also said that you can take up to two guests to the open day. Also that they will arrange a date for the medical. I received an email after the call with some more information about the open day and a form attached asking about my travel requirements to get there. There was another form saying what kit they will issue and asking what sizes I need.

Ah ok, I got the offer part but not the rest. On the phone the guy said he would call me back today after 4, but still nothing :s

t o m

Bit strange, wouldn't think they would work on a Sunday, perhaps he got mixed up, unless he actually said Sunday on the phone. I'd just ring them tomorrow if you don't hear anything. At least you know the good news :)

Dan_225

I know, Sunday is a strange day to call. When he called it was very noisy in the background, hard to make out exactly what he said. I'll wait patiently just now :) was it a mobile you were called from?

erolosman

yeah Tom i replied saying the dates im unavailable plus an extra day just incase they decide to pull a fast one on me :P

t o m

yeah Tom i replied saying the dates im unavailable plus an extra day just incase they decide to pull a fast one on me :P

Sorry, that was a bit of a stupid question, of course you would have replied! You'd think they'd put a rush on it if they know they've got less time to fit in your interview.

erolosman

Na not a stupid question, You never know i might not of and then you would of been able to tell me to lol :P, but yeah im getting really frustrated, because im not job searching as much as I'd like to because im constantly waiting for this job interview to happen. I just hope all this waiting comes with good news of a job offer at the end of it otherwise, I'll sit in the corner of my room and cry like a lil girl :P (i wont really but i prob would head to the pub lol :P)

samuelbex

Hi ,
I had my interview on 23th july i still didnt get any reply from them
has any1 got any response ? how long does it usually take for the results I m worried...
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
when did u had ur interview ?
how long it took for the reply i m still waiting for the response i had my interview on 23rd july..

t o m

Hi ,
I had my interview on 23th july i still didnt get any reply from them
has any1 got any response ? how long does it usually take for the results I m worried...
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
when did u had ur interview ?
how long it took for the reply i m still waiting for the response i had my interview on 23rd july..

Do you mean 23th (sic) June? Unless you are a time traveller ;) I had my interview on 29th June and got the result two days later, which I think was very quick. Some people on here had there interview quite some time ago and still haven't heard, so don't worry too much yet.

Have they called back yet Dan?

Crossforth

Established Member
Do you mean 23th (sic) June? Unless you are a time traveller ;) I had my interview on 29th June and got the result two days later, which I think was very quick. Some people on here had there interview quite some time ago and still haven't heard, so don't worry too much yet.

Have they called back yet Dan?

Yeah, it has been a while, 4 weeks on Wednesday but I shall keep waiting for the time being :)

Status
Not open for further replies.