• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Network Rail Apprenticeships

Status
Not open for further replies.

TBone84

I have been asked to do the online numeracy test and was wondering what level the questions would be at and maybe any examples? Thanks!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Kieran123

Hi,network rail have asked me to do a fault finding and technical understanding tests at the assessment day,just wanted to know if these tests are hard to do? and could anyone give me a good website for revision?

mappman1000

I applied for this years one, as a side to see how I'd do, as I'm probably going to University anyway. I got past the application form stage, then a situational questionnaire, then the maths test, but failed on the mechanical test. Ah well!

t o m

Hi,network rail have asked me to do a fault finding and technical understanding tests at the assessment day,just wanted to know if these tests are hard to do? and could anyone give me a good website for revision?

Last year I used this to practice for fault finding...

http://www.psychometric-success.com/practice-papers/Psychometric%20Success%20Fault%20Diagnosis%20-%20Practice%20Test%201.pdf

The test they gave us at the assessment centre was actually easier than those but it gives you an idea of what they are like. Although it may be different this year.

Kieran123

Cheers for the info t o m, i would also like to know what did you have to do in the group exercise? And was the interview a formal one?

t o m

Cheers for the info t o m, i would also like to know what did you have to do in the group exercise? And was the interview a formal one?

Last year for the group exercise we were given some cylinders that fitted together and we had to make as many squares as we could that all joined together, or something like that. I think they may have changed it this year to having to make a track for a ball to roll down. A few of us did it as part of a mental agility challenge one evening at Collingwood. It has to be made of paper and tape, be self supporting, a certain height off the ground, have a curve and an incline and probably some other things I'm forgetting. Don't worry too much it's more about seeing the teamwork than the task.

I wrote a bit more about the assessment day on the other thread.

Kieran123

could anyone give me some information on the technical understanding test, i cant find any revision websites.

Bud

Hints and tips were given in the email from HR, I suggest you read for guidence. Asking for anymore seems a little unfair. Good luck anyhow.

Status
Not open for further replies.