• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

New London Midland Booking Engine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Talking of which, I had a reply yesterday from LM to my query about Gold Card discounts not being available to Coventry Arena or Bermuda Park.

Their response was to use another booking website! I have replied stating that they have misunderstood my question and asked them to escalate it to someone in the fares team with more knowledge. I suppose I'll now have to wait another three weeks for a response.

How can something so simple be so difficult.

I've finally had a response from London Midland:

Dear Hadders,

Thank you for your response.

After consulting with our Pricing Manager, we can confirm that the stations had not been added to the Gold Card geography data by the Fares Service. This has now been added, however it will take a week and a half before this is completely processed.

We’re sorry for any inconvenience caused in the meantime. Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention.

Kind Regards,
Customer Relations Advisor

Paul Kelly

Verified Rep - BR Fares
Good work - next step is to get the various West Midlands Plusbus destinations added to the Gold Card geography too!

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
Pity we can't just add the whole UK to it and then start flogging it as a Railcard roughly at the price of the Lichfield season ticket. I'd buy one then, even if VTEC and VTWC remained excluded.

rs101

Just tried using this for Manningtree to London, departing today at 14:02, returning at 21:30 tonight.

It failed dismally - listed outbound journeys today, with the only return option being on Wednesday. I double checked and had definitely selected outbound & return on the same day.

embers25

Established Member
I've finally had a response from London Midland:

Are we allowed to use this week and a half excuse when they change the routeing guide to block routes! "I'm sorry SWT but you did get the routeing guide changed to shut a loophole (sorry to remove an unnecessary routeing) but it takes a week and a half for my brain to update and so I will continue to use the old routeing guide rules until then!"

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
As I reported on the thread concerning this booking engine on GTR and Southeastern, it's still overcharging for Virgin Trains Advance tickets on lots of trains and routes.

Just been having a look for 10 May going from Euston to Crewe; there's loads of trains during the middle of the day at £15 but the LM website is charging £20. Going from Euston to Birmingham on the same date again; lots of £8 fares available but the LM website can't seem to find anything below £10.50.

Status
Not open for further replies.